Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's Havokk. It's my firm belief that he doesn't care one way or the other about retail or legacy WoW, and he just craves attention so he likes to prod people with his inflammatory posts in the hopes someone gives him the time of day and responds to him as if he's serious about it.
    It was still funny when he linked his character and people pointed out he did nothing in Vanilla as well as Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    As I said it was my form of PvP, I enjoyed the competition on the AH. I had plenty of time to burn in between my raiding and it was a way to kill some time. *shrugs* Why do people PvP all day or play alts all day? It is what they like to do. And I had no reason to ever sell tokens on the AH because by the time they had come out I was already well ahead in the Bnet game and had millions of gold on top of it.

Yes, this is exactly what I was doing, BGs and raiding, had enough gold from various activities to buy flasks, profession materials and a mount or gear when needed. I can afford to buy 500+ game tokens right now easy who knows how much gold that is but don't really need anything in-game, maybe a few mounts but I already have my favorite mount and transmog.

Personally, I dislike game tokens since they brought unnatural flow and inflation to auction house. Honestly, I think Blizzard buys their own tokens from auction house to generate even more revenue and to keep the flow going hence tokens sell so fast, of course I'm speculating here.

Here's the possible scenarios in that idea:

One, the sub fee stays the same. That means the Legacy WoW game is leeching off the Retail WoW's subscription earnings that we cannot opt out of. That is, in my opinion, unacceptable.
    That isn't leeching. that would be a shared sub. That would be the new subscription model. You can disagree with it, but without an increase, you are litedally being upset at optional content. You aren't even talking about community division. You are upset over your sub being associated with Legacy content. This is valid but absurd, like getting mad at PVP servers.

Two, the sub fee increases in price.
    why no premium sub option? if you assume a same sub surely you can consider a regular wow sub with a deluxe option for legacy. This doesn't force players while keeping wow relevant. Legacy players will pay the premium regadless.

Oh, I will, and I will. But I don't think I ever said that I have the right to dictate how Blizzard spends that money. I believe I only spoke about protesting and voicing my displeasure.

First, let me remind you that the 'free 1-20' comes with several drawbacks, like being unable to form groups (but you can join one), unable to use the mail box, and unable to whisper players (unless they whisper you first). I believe there are more drawbacks, but those are the most glaring ones I remember.

With that in mind, I find it very hard that a player would 'twink' at that level, but assuming he does... so what? They're still playing retail World of Warcraft. It's a feature of the main game.

WoW subs (along with all other Blizzard game earnings) are used to support their respective games, and fund new expansions and/or projects, but there's a caveat here: those expansions and/or projects are expected to return a sizable profit. What profit is there in adding Legacy Wow to the WoW sub without increasing it and/or allowing players to opt out of it?

It would make much more sense, business-wise, to either have it be 'buy-to-play' like Overwatch and Diablo 3, or have its own subscription fee. Or, at the very least, increase the WoW subscription fee price but also allow players to opt out of that so that they continue to pay the same amount they always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That isn't leeching. that would be a shared sub. That would be the new subscription model. You can disagree with it, but without an increase, you are litedally being upset at optional content. You aren't even talking about community division. You are upset over your sub being associated with Legacy content. This is valid but absurd, like getting mad at PVP servers.
    It's one thing to be given a one-time deal thing, and it's another thing entirely to have linked to your sub fee account something you do not want and that keeps leeching off your WoW sub because it's a product that not only doesn't bring any revenue of its own, but is in constant need of an influx of money for maintenance.

why no premium sub option? if you assume a same sub surely you can consider a regular wow sub with a deluxe option for legacy. This doesn't force players while keeping wow relevant. Legacy players will pay the premium regadless.
    Read the rest of the paragraph.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one thing to be given a one-time deal thing, and it's another thing entirely to have linked to your sub fee account something you do not want and that keeps leeching off your WoW sub because it's a product that not only doesn't bring any revenue of its own, but is in constant need of an influx of money for maintenance.

Maybe he is a fan of cable companies, that sell you packets of 500+ channels on languages you don't even speak
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

To hell with this. Now i just WANT THIS TO HAPPEN so people can get in and get BORED AND LEAVE JUST TO PROVE A POINT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    it's all just how you felt about (or remember feeling about) your experience 12 or 13 years ago.
    Slightly quoted out of context, I know, but I'm guessing from having seen the audience on private servers that >90% of those players have never played the original Vanilla. For them it is not 're-living', it is a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, most likely during peroids of content "droughs" between expac. Actually i never played vanilla and wrath of the lich king when it was current content

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Usually, when you pay for WoW, you pay into WoWs "pocket". It's still in blizzard, but starcraft dev team doesn't get these money without really good reason, that they have to formulate and pass to ceo lead wow dev for approve. If all of them agree - then they can borrow these money. That's how usually things are done in other companies.
    So if you pay for WoW - your money goes directly into wow, you don't pay for anything else from blizzard, but their general utilities
    I've seen the insides of many, many companies, and I've never seen one where that is how it woks, not even close.

what i really want are the structures and old systems of vanilla/tbc but with new content. pristine realms pls

No, we're not. The customer isn't "always right", but we do have a right to protest if we think our money is being used in ways we don't agree with. We have the option of terminating our subscription if we think we're not getting our money's worth, especially if, again, it's being used to maintain a version of the game we consider inferior that we didn't sign up to maintain, in the first place.
    If legacy servers happen you and Kyanion can unsub out of protest. Nobody else here in this thread and nobody else who plays WoW will give a fuck, as long as legacy server players pay the same 12.99 a month they do.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    If legacy servers happen you and Kyanion can unsub out of protest. Nobody else here in this thread and nobody else who plays WoW will give a fuck, as long as legacy server players pay the same 12.99 a month they do.
    Again, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. You don't know what kind of backlash would come from Blizz doing free piggybacks on retail subs so don't pretend to act like you do. But what am I saying, that hasn't stopped you so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Oh, we do know you like to think you speak for everybody, but just newsflash for you: you don't.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Legacy servers would take away man-hours and resources that could go into making the retail WoW the vast, VAST majority of WoW players focus on.

So not only would I probably not play them all that much, but I would be bothered if I lost out on any content or support in order to support something that shouldn't be Blizzard's focus.

like I said. no different from complaining about pvp servers if you only choose to pve. you will never interact with pvp server players and you actively pay for the maintenance. You can consider pvp servers as leeching off pve subs. Legacy is absolutely no different to pvp servers if it is part of the same sub. You can't choose to cut PVP development even if you unsub.

You also assume no players will be subbing to WoW for Legacy, and that people only sub for WoW current. Your argument is so one sided that it doesn't make logical sense why Legacy would be free if you NEED to pay a full sub price to play. Just lke PVP servers. A WoW sub is a WoW sub. If Blizz adds Legacy servers as part of the main sub then you're complaining about free shit and nothing else. Just like complaining about PVP servers even if you hate PVP.

Out of all the real problems that Legacy servera face, you have a problem with getting Legacy servers for free.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-10-31 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes I would play both. Even if there was a sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Again, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. You don't know what kind of backlash would come from Blizz doing free piggybacks on retail subs so don't pretend to act like you do. But what am I saying, that hasn't stopped you so far.
    Please stop spouting nonsense. Whatever you're paying Blizzard isn't 'earmarked' for a certain spending line. There is no such thing as 'piggybacking'. You are basing your views on misguided concepts. If you want to make a case, use actual real things like the risk of OSWOW's potential audience (wants no easy shortcuts, and strong community with hard to fake reputation) not being open enough to modern revenue models (more based on in-game monetization) while the dinosaur business model of boxes and subs isn't going to attract anyone under 20

So we've gone from "nostalgia glasses!" to "Blizzard doesn't have the code!" to "it's too expensive!" to "private servers doesn't count!" to "It's not the same as other games and MMO's with successful legacy realms, it's different because I said so!" to "it's like creating a whole new game!"

And each argument falls apart, and then goes back to the "nostalgia glasses REEEEEEE!"

Can't wait to see what gets added next.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Legacy servers would take away man-hours and resources that could go into making the retail WoW the vast, VAST majority of WoW players focus on.

So not only would I probably not play them all that much, but I would be bothered if I lost out on any content or support in order to support something that shouldn't be Blizzard's focus.
    You are assuming OSWOW would be a 'feature' being handled inside the current budget of the WOW division.
    Both it being a separate project under the supervision of the division but with it's own budget, or even it being handled by a completely separate division with its own budget are just as valid potential models. In those cases there would be no such thing as 'taking away man hours from WOW'. If anything, it would compete with other potential game proposals inside the company for investment, not with the current portfolio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Can't wait to see what gets added next.
    It's all about the money.
    Let's reverse the question: Subscriptions are a dead model (if you want to argue that be my guest, but I'm going to take this as a given). What type of in-game monetization would an 'old school WOW' player be open to?