Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember that show, though didn't watch to much of it, but remember it being talked about a lot at the time, and the live broadcast I vividly remember, it was such a weird production that even back then I remember thinking to myself this is just lame, like something slapped together by some amateur theatre students.

Though this article does bring back fond memories of the original gladiators, and hunter and his gorgeous blond locks.

(Then and Now, he's still hot)

When you think about the times we live in, you just don't get away with stuff like this anymore, we now live in such cynical times that we can look up how genuine something is in an instant, instead of just blindly putting our trust in presenters or reporters as if they'd never lie to us.

Imagine if the world trade center bombing was an elaborate hoax, and yet done in such a way the rest of the world was convinced it was really happening, that kind of thing would be dismissed in seconds when someone uploads a live video of the towers still standing.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-10-31 at 01:44 AM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I don’t remember the Ghostwatch programme, but I do remember Jet from Gladiators. Awooga!

And an honourable mention to Ulrika-ka-ka-ka.

Noel Edmonds can go fuck himself.
    No one watched Ghostwatch, everyone was watching Gladiators.

Edmonds was ok back then, he was on just one show that was once a week. But the recently on 3-4 shows daily just ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember this when i was a kid..

I also remember "Mary loves dick!"

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Define a duped nation... I find it hard to believe it was more then maybe 100 people tricked.
    Idk man, I talk to WAY too many people who believe in ghosts to hope that less than 10% of the viewers thought it was real.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel so bad, England. Some time later Discovery would convince a bunch of people mermaids were real, too.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account

Ghost hunt TV stuff is amazingly stupid..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Edmonds was ok back then, he was on just one show that was once a week. But the recently on 3-4 shows daily just ugh.
    Noel Edmonds was an annoying twat from Saturday Swapshop onwards. He was probably an annoying twat before then, but I was too young to remember him being in anything before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Noel Edmonds was an annoying twat from Saturday Swapshop onwards. He was probably an annoying twat before then, but I was too young to remember him being in anything before then.
    When he lost the plot and shot Clive Anderson was pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41740176

Only quoted part of the article because it's very long

Anybody else remember this? I do I was 6 and definitely was hoodwinked!
    What's funny is that all nations are duped by fake news everyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I remember that show, though didn't watch to much of it, but remember it being talked about a lot at the time, and the live broadcast I vividly remember, it was such a weird production that even back then I remember thinking to myself this is just lame, like something slapped together by some amateur theatre students.

Though this article does bring back fond memories of the original gladiators, and hunter and his gorgeous blond locks.

(Then and Now, he's still hot)

When you think about the times we live in, you just don't get away with stuff like this anymore, we now live in such cynical times that we can look up how genuine something is in an instant, instead of just blindly putting our trust in presenters or reporters as if they'd never lie to us.

Imagine if the world trade center bombing was an elaborate hoax, and yet done in such a way the rest of the world was convinced it was really happening, that kind of thing would be dismissed in seconds when someone uploads a live video of the towers still standing.
    I'm immediately drawn to his lunchbox

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Nothing tops the Spaghetti Tree April Fool. First of its kind iirc on TV, and had an entire nation hoodwinked. Easy to laugh now at people being naive, but no one had ever seen it before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU
    I actually overheard someone in our office being laughed at for this not too long ago, and I completely forgot about it!

I can imagine there were alot of people spouting this as truth in 1957 for a while!

I'm immediately drawn to his lunchbox
    That's the point.

Remember when John Fashunu (spelling) took part in the celebrity Gladiators, he split his unitard live on air and flashed everyone.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    That's the point.

Remember when John Fashunu (spelling) took part in the celebrity Gladiators, he split his unitard live on air and flashed everyone.
    I was innocent in the 90s

I was innocent in the 90s
    So was i but i remember him using one of the balls to hide his modesty.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?