7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Kul Tiras is smaller than Quel'danas. How can it be a continent?
    Its lore size is irrelevant.

The broken isles are roughly as big dun morogh, and look what we got.

Formerly known as Arafal

Remember this ? http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=8421734

What about the last 3 pictures : azshara and void Maeiv ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post

7.x story patch or scrapped/delayed(for 8.0) content most likely.

#1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they wanted it to be bigger they should have made it bigger in the chronicles instead of making it smaller than Quel'danas.
    They should have!

But they didn't, because they're not very good at this.

"Demons die in the Twisting Nether. Except they're also reborn in Antorus. The Titans souls were in the presence of the Keepers, but just kidding, Sargeras has all of them, somehow, for swift revival. Also, despite this being a millenia-long affair for the Army of the Light, he conveniently happened to set this plan into motion just as we got here, rather than during that huge chunk of time that we weren't."

Chronicles ALREADY has a huge history of retcons only a damn game later!

"Also, there must always be a Lich King, because without a Lich King, the Scourge would run rampant and destroy us all. Why didn't they already? Arthas held them at bay. What's that? Arthas destroyed his literal humanity in the form of his heart and that was supposed to be a major turning point? Yeah, shut up, we don't care."

Not hating on Blizzard - they are all about gameplay. Lore is ancillary to Warcraft.

Or it could be the main landmass of the expansion but there's a focus of sea travel and exploration with Kul'Tiras being the center/hub of everything. We don't know. We'll know in a few days.

It's not constructive to argue about these things because we don't know. Kul'Tiras will play a major role, and so will Jaina. That's all we know for a fact.

I don't know if Maiev will be back. Her voice actress apparently had to have vocal chord surgery because of the role. Presumably that's why her involvement in Legion just kind of ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Or it could be the main landmass of the expansion but there's a focus of sea travel and exploration with Kul'Tiras being the center/hub of everything. We don't know. We'll know in a few days.

It's not constructive to argue about these things because we don't know. Kul'Tiras will play a major role, and so will Jaina. That's all we know for a fact.
    I can't express how much I don't want to be stuck in another human city for another expansion. 4 out of 6 expansions have had human cities as the main hub, please no more.

10+ Year Old Account

One of those last pictures is literally a low-res screen cap of the Frozen Throne expansion cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post

True - but that's not why I'm saying what I'm saying.

People are going off the rails and ignoring the knowns and it's usually a setup for people to be disappointed. We know KT will play a major role, but we also know that the core landmass of the expansion is depicted on the armor and KT is probably in the actual title. Those things together change the tone of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Broken Isles is the size of Howling Fjord? Are you certain it's that small? Dragonblight maybe, but Howling Fjord?

I remember seeing a comparison couple of days ago, it was a pic which overlayed Broken Isles with another continent and they were exactly the same size. Not sure if it was Pandaria or Northrend though (probably Pandaria).
    They mean on a map, not in-game, I think. Broken Isles is easily far larger than Dragonblight or Howling Fjord in game scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    7.x story patch or scrapped/delayed(for 8.0) content most likely.

*upvotes* !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Broken Isles is the size of Howling Fjord? Are you certain it's that small? Dragonblight maybe, but Howling Fjord?

I remember seeing a comparison couple of days ago, it was a pic which overlayed Broken Isles with another continent and they were exactly the same size. Not sure if it was Pandaria or Northrend though (probably Pandaria).
    http://i.imgur.com/4oQoylR.jpg

Lorewise it's maybe slightly larger than Howling Fjord. In game it is about 80% of Northrends size (I remember the picture you are referencing).

EDIT: Here's the other image of ingame scale: http://i.imgur.com/p4smh5v.jpg

Red outline is Broken isles and green is northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    One of those last pictures is literally a low-res screen cap of the Frozen Throne expansion cinematic.
    Yep I know but it doesn't necessarily matter as it's supposed to tease about where the story is going.

10+ Year Old Account
    They covered faction pride... class pride... Racial pride next?

Yep I know but it doesn't necessarily matter as it's supposed to tease about where the story is going.
    I gotcha.

That same leak has a lot of things in it that didn't come to fruition, though, like the Anduin/Wrathion stuff.

It's really possible that the same places getting this info are getting incomplete or early versions. I recall for WoD, there was also stuff about Grom having control of Neltharion and the like. It didn't pan out because things were iterated on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    That same leak has a lot of things in it that didn't come to fruition, though, like the Anduin/Wrathion stuff.

It's really possible that the same places getting this info are getting incomplete or early versions. I recall for WoD, there was also stuff about Grom having control of Neltharion and the like. It didn't pan out because things were iterated on.
    Since Wrathion was scrapped from the Highmountain questline, he was probably scrapped from Legion entirely and that leak was of information before it got scrapped.

The Broken Isles are closer to their canon size in-game than Northrend, Pandaria, Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

None of the continents in the game are continent-sized. Think of them as a caricature or a theme-park, the biggest landmarks are right next to each other with little to no empty space. Whereas the Broken Isles are about the right size for a small archipielago.

With the introduction of the Broken Isles, Blizzard has made any landmass, regardless of its size, a potential expansion. They could make an in-game "contient" out of Tel'Abim, Kezan or Plunder Isle, any comparison to the actual continents is pointless, as they're not life-size.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They covered faction pride... class pride... Racial pride next?

I gotcha.
    Didn't we have race pride already in MoP with Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Since Wrathion was scrapped from the Highmountain questline, he was probably scrapped from Legion entirely and that leak was of information before it got scrapped.
    Right, that's what I'm saying. Those last bits with the naga and Maiev could've been on a completely different track from what was originally intended. Especially since Maiev's main source of rage just selflessly imprisoned Satan. Who knows what the original plan for her would've been - especially if Illidan's refusal of Xe'ra was a story change in response to the community fucking hating his direction with her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If I remember correctly, wheat's about 8 months. Then you need to tack on securing the farmland, preparing it, harvesting and shipping. It's not too unreasonable to suggest that by the time such a harvest could be reaped, Garrosh was already up against a wall and needing to secure his current holdings and seek out superweapons.

Beyond that, though, you're being ridiculous here. Not only are you pretending that, in spite of established Lore, resources weren't really an issue, now you've gone onto pretending that Pandaria, discovered ~1 year after the outbreak of war, and after it had escalated to a state of total war, somehow solves the initial problem. By the time Pandaria entered the equation, suing for peace was an impossibility.
    Potatoes: 2 months.
    Corn: 2-3 months.
    Turnips: 2 months.
    Wheat: 4 months.
    Carrots: 3 months.

All of them in massive yields because Valley of the Four Winds.

And yeah. Resources were an issue, Wildberry. I'm saying they weren't an insurmountable one, especially if he had enough resources to hold down a war, fortify Orgrimmar, and expand the Cleft into a massive tunnel system with cavernous storage spaces to house massive quantities of weapons, crated up people, and artifacts stolen from Pandaria rather than, you know, food.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The Broken Isles are closer to their canon size in-game than Northrend, Pandaria, Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

None of the continents in the game are continent-sized. Think of them as a caricature or a theme-park, the biggest landmarks are right next to each other with little to no empty space. Whereas the Broken Isles are about the right size for a small archipielago.

With the introduction of the Broken Isles, Blizzard has made any landmass, regardless of its size, a potential expansion. They could make an in-game "contient" out of Tel'Abim, Kezan or Plunder Isle, any comparison to the actual continents is pointless, as they're not life-size.
    World of Warcraft: Ruins of Feathermoon

new continent: that island off the coast of Feralas!

Can anyone come up with a 8.0 title with Kul'Tiras in it that actually sounds good?