10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Switch has been demolishing PS4 when you compare their respective first year sales numbers.
    No, it hasn't. Only in Japan is this even remotely close. The PS4 sold between 14-15 million in its first year. The Switch needs to double its sales figures, and whilst it does have Christmas to go, the idea its demolishing ps4 first year sales (except Japan) is completely unsupported. It still has the barren post christmas months to go.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-10-31 at 08:30 AM.

Switch has been demolishing PS4 when you compare their respective first year sales numbers.
    I literally lol'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I literally lol'd.
    I literally guffawed, it's not a sound I often make.

I am impressed by the sales of course, they surpassed my expectations.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-10-31 at 01:49 PM.

If it reaches the 14m target for the fiscal year, then it's reaching to PS4 first year sales (with one additional month).

In EU, the PS4 is dominating the Switch on monthly sales (2x more PS4 sales). Switch been in stock on most online retailers for the past few months.
    In US, while the Switch has been the most sold console in the last three months, it's lead over the PS4 was small.
    In JP, the Switch has been dominating the PS4. (You can argue about the global importance of JP switch sales, given how closed the JP gaming market is)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I literally guffawed, it's not a sound I often make.

I am impressed by the sales of course, they surpassed my expectations.
    Yea the Switch is a great success for Nintendo but the hyperbole surrounding it's success is hilarious. If you just read this thread you would think the damn thing sold 20 mil already and was never in stock anywhere.

If Nintendo reaches their goal for 14 mil, that's still 600k below what the PS4 sold in it's first year, and the system is $100 cheaper then the PS4 was in said year. "Demolishing" tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    If it reaches the 14m target for the fiscal year, then it's reaching to PS4 first year sales (with one additional month).

In EU, the PS4 is dominating the Switch on monthly sales (2x more PS4 sales). Switch been in stock on most online retailers for the past few months.
    In US, while the Switch has been the most sold console in the last three months, it's lead over the PS4 was small.
    In JP, the Switch has been dominating the PS4. (You can argue about the global importance of JP switch sales, given how closed the JP gaming market is)
    Isn't that exactly whats to be expected though? Asia has always been nintendo dominant, europe has always been firmly in the sony court and the xbox is basically the us choice thats slowly losing ground. The Wii U was really just the big shake up of this norm because of the whole 'what? no billy we got you a Wii for christmas last year' brand marketing disaster. This just seems like business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Isn't that exactly whats to be expected though? Asia has always been nintendo dominant, europe has always been firmly in the sony court and the xbox is basically the us choice thats slowly losing ground. The Wii U was really just the big shake up of this norm because of the whole 'what? no billy we got you a Wii for christmas last year' brand marketing disaster. This just seems like business as usual.
    id say the xbox isnt the us choice anymore. certainly in the 360 era it felt as though more people had 360s but id say ever since the xbox one announcement disaster ive found its about half half this gen at best for xbox and world wide sales i havent checked recently but last i checked it was something like 2 or 3 - 1
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/stat...56529686626305

New rare Blade made by Xenosaga character designer and wife of Monolith Soft president, Soraya Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id say the xbox isnt the us choice anymore. certainly in the 360 era it felt as though more people had 360s but id say ever since the xbox one announcement disaster ive found its about half half this gen at best for xbox and world wide sales i havent checked recently but last i checked it was something like 2 or 3 - 1
    Its really the only place its still selling. In Europe the xbones sold just under 9 million units, in asia 0.08 million units and in america nearly 20 million units. God knows why but the US is the land of the xbone. Though surprisingly the US is also got the largest total sales for the Switch as well. Thats really more of a standout compared to 'america buying the american console more than anywhere else' in terms of recent developments.

Its really the only place its still selling. In Europe the xbones sold just under 9 million units, in asia 0.08 million units and in america nearly 20 million units. God knows why but the US is the land of the xbone. Though surprisingly the US is also got the largest total sales for the Switch as well. Thats really more of a standout compared to 'america buying the american console more than anywhere else' in terms of recent developments.
    XBox is as american as the Bald Eagle and semiautomatic Assault Rifles. It will never not sell there.

Elsewhere it would actually need some killer apps to move sales

Quote Originally Posted by lahis View Post
    xbox is as american as the bald eagle and semiautomatic assault rifles. It will never not sell there.

Elsewhere it would actually need some killer apps to move sales
    then wheres metal wolf chaos 2?!?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you all care so much about PS4 and Xbox one sales, go to their respective threads and leave that stuff out of here. Or could make a console wars jerkfest thread where you all can go and be all BUT SYSTEM X SOLD MOARZ THAN Y THAT ONE MONTH WHEN THE SQUIRRELS WERE ALL "I better steal that insulation from that one construction site for my nest". It makes no difference what other systems sold for whatever time frame, at least for most people. I just don't understand why you all seem to care so much about them.

For a proper topic, dang that Mario Odyssey last action and movie bits before the "end credits" were good stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    For a proper topic, dang that Mario Odyssey last action and movie bits before the "end credits" were good stuffs.
    I went from beating Destiny 2 last night and being like "hey, that ending was pretty hype, really flash and fun, music on point too"

And then I beat Mario Odyssey and was blown anyway. Jesus that was 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I went from beating Destiny 2 last night and being like "hey, that ending was pretty hype, really flash and fun, music on point too"

And then I beat Mario Odyssey and was blown anyway. Jesus that was 10/10.
    Clearly they couldn't afford Crush 40 like they intended?

Clearly they couldn't afford Crush 40 like they intended?
    TIL- Crush 40 isn't just a band that happened to do the Sonic Adventure music, but apparently they ARE the Sonic band basically.

If you all care so much about PS4 and Xbox one sales, go to their respective threads and leave that stuff out of here. Or could make a console wars jerkfest thread where you all can go and be all BUT SYSTEM X SOLD MOARZ THAN Y THAT ONE MONTH WHEN THE SQUIRRELS WERE ALL "I better steal that insulation from that one construction site for my nest". It makes no difference what other systems sold for whatever time frame, at least for most people. I just don't understand why you all seem to care so much about them.

If you think there is an issue with what people are posting then report them or ignore them instead of trying to backseat moderate.

I see no issue comparing and contrasting sales and sales in regions of different systems to the Switch. And I don't think anyone said the Switch was selling bad either. I said I was expecting a tiny bit more and that was it but 7.3 mil is a good figure. And clearly people are interested or they wouldn't be discussing it would they?

But it's clear you only read snippets and thought "CONSOLE WARS OMG". Comparing sales between systems is not a war. It's called a discussion. Just because you don't like the discussion doesn't mean it isn't one. You can choose willingly not to partake.

If a Mod tells people to stop then they will.

- - - Updated - - -

TIL- Crush 40 isn't just a band that happened to do the Sonic Adventure music, but apparently they ARE the Sonic band basically.
    Always liked Crush 40 personally. Knight of the Wind, Live and Learn and I am All of me are my top 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I'd say it's still a big deal in US. Just nowhere near as it used to be.

In the UK though it's definitely PS4. Least that's the way it seems to be swinging. Mostly because of Fifa and we are absolutely football mad over here.

Switch definitely has it's hold on Japan and is doing well in USA.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-31 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Always liked Crush 40 personally. Knight of the Wind, Live and Learn and I am All of me are my top 3.
    Open Your Heart is I think the only song that made its way onto my phone.

Open Your Heart is I think the only song that made its way onto my phone.
    Another good one.

I don't think they have one bad song personally. Seven Rings in hand isn't amazing but it's not bad either.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you at least tried/wanted to keep the console v console thing out of this, and for that you rock!

My problem with the whole thing has more to do with "random person finds Nintendo Switch thread, clicks it, sees people talking about PS4/XBONE, leaves thread" possibility thanks to page after page, post after post of people bringing out different companies and their sales, instead of just giving out numbers and calling it a day.

Just reporting someone and then hoping for an infraction and that they'd actually realize what their "mistake" was won't make them magically figure it out. That is, time and again bringing out stuff that hasn't really got anything to do with the subject of the thread. But guess I won't mention stuff like that again then, seeing as it's not wanted in here, I'll learn my lesson!

Well, you at least tried/wanted to keep the console v console thing out of this, and for that you rock!

My problem with the whole thing has more to do with "random person finds Nintendo Switch thread, clicks it, sees people talking about PS4/XBONE, leaves thread" possibility thanks to page after page, post after post of people bringing out different companies and their sales, instead of just giving out numbers and calling it a day.

Just reporting someone and then hoping for an infraction and that they'd actually realize what their "mistake" was won't make them magically figure it out. That is, time and again bringing out stuff that hasn't really got anything to do with the subject of the thread. But guess I won't mention stuff like that again then, seeing as it's not wanted in here, I'll learn my lesson!
    I hate console v console. I'm the first to admit it and ironically I've been suckered in from time to time.

Comparing sales isn't a console war. It's a fair point of discussion,