Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    You say that a 915 aw relic with the right crucible buff can be better then a 930 with a bad one? Seems legit
    It can be, unfortunately. You could get the 3 utility traits on your 930 and get one of the BoJ traits on your 915, effectively making the 915 better. Sucks, but that's how the Crucible works. It's random.

whats going on you guys. so i started back into the wow scene after missing most of the last 2 raid scenes. was a prot paladin but usually tanks are always full in static groups. I decided to make the switch to dps (about 2 weeks ago), and found a group. got my ilvl around 926 and had my first runs this past week. Simming each piece of gear and gathering useful knowledge from forums and whatnot to help me out. So i dive into heroics. So far we have the first 6 bosses of heroic ToS down, but the GL mentioned my dps was on the low end. Not bootable or anything but its rather all over the board to say. My dps is sporadic, between 600k to 800k. now I know I sim alot higher than that, but I'm coming here and seeing if I could get some good advice on where i might be struggling. As for posting the link to my logs, the site wont allow me too at this moment. but also in my struggles is the ability to change talents based on which fight calls for them.

I'm used to plowing in head first and taking multiple blows to the face as a tank. this dps game, I'm a pilgrim in an unholy land lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jdazze00 View Post
    whats going on you guys. so i started back into the wow scene after missing most of the last 2 raid scenes. was a prot paladin but usually tanks are always full in static groups. I decided to make the switch to dps (about 2 weeks ago), and found a group. got my ilvl around 926 and had my first runs this past week. Simming each piece of gear and gathering useful knowledge from forums and whatnot to help me out. So i dive into heroics. So far we have the first 6 bosses of heroic ToS down, but the GL mentioned my dps was on the low end. Not bootable or anything but its rather all over the board to say. My dps is sporadic, between 600k to 800k. now I know I sim alot higher than that, but I'm coming here and seeing if I could get some good advice on where i might be struggling. As for posting the link to my logs, the site wont allow me too at this moment. but also in my struggles is the ability to change talents based on which fight calls for them.

I'm used to plowing in head first and taking multiple blows to the face as a tank. this dps game, I'm a pilgrim in an unholy land lol
    Do you have any logs? It's kind of hard to know where to start without having an example of your gameplay. Also, for reference I'm sitting at 912ish and pulling ~900k usually. So your damage does seem fairly low for your ilvl, but that could be explainable depending on legendaries and your stats.
    Last edited by Ellarielle; 2017-09-23 at 01:06 AM.

It's not letting post my logs until I post so many. Sorry. Gar nir on whisperwing is my character on Warcraft logs and I run with exalted with the ladies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Do you have any logs? It's kind of hard to know where to start without having an example of your gameplay. Also, for reference I'm sitting at 912ish and pulling ~900k usually. So your damage does seem fairly low for your ilvl, but that could be explainable depending on legendaries and your stats.
    It's not letting post my logs until I post so many. Sorry. Gar nir on whisperwing is my character on Warcraft logs and I run with exalted with the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Jdazze00 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

First thing I'd try out is simming yourself with Zeal. I actually run with Zeal and BOW. I get more dps out of it than running crusader strike. I found that I couldn't keep CS on cooldown with BOW so it was just being wasted. Zeal I can usually keep on CD. I'm not the best at analyzing logs but here's a link to a Goroth one for other people to look at.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

[QUOTE=Anida;47396383]First thing I'd try out is simming yourself with Zeal. I actually run with Zeal and BOW. I get more dps out of it than running crusader strike. I found that I couldn't keep CS on cooldown with BOW so it was just being wasted. Zeal I can usually keep on CD. I'm not the best at analyzing logs but here's a link to a Goroth one for other people to look at.

I appreciate the help. As far as other fights. What talents do you run?

[QUOTE=Jdazze00;47396610]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    First thing I'd try out is simming yourself with Zeal. I actually run with Zeal and BOW. I get more dps out of it than running crusader strike. I found that I couldn't keep CS on cooldown with BOW so it was just being wasted. Zeal I can usually keep on CD. I'm not the best at analyzing logs but here's a link to a Goroth one for other people to look at.

I appreciate the help. As far as other fights. What talents do you run?
    Most of TOS is ST so I run with that. On Harj & Mistress I'll switch to back to Divine Hammer & Crusader Strike just for better cleave with all the adds.

For you’re consideration: be gentle

Here is last weeks clear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HrzfjLxv4VnKMATR/

This weeks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAMKQF9kfmPXq2Dx/

Throwsbigrok - gnomeregan server - the logs are from last two weeks heroic clears

I just got highlord last night, but the only thing I’ve really been going back and fourth between is dropping 4 piece for really high ilevel Mplus gear... any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. Both of these weeks were much better than the weeks before. Practice and focus are two areas that seem to benefit me a lot, when I can work on them. There could be some rotational stuff you guys see. I’m a dad so I don’t have a ton of spare time, but just don’t want to hold my group back. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    Last edited by bigred; 2017-10-27 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    For you’re consideration: be gentle

Here is last weeks clear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HrzfjLxv4VnKMATR/

This weeks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAMKQF9kfmPXq2Dx/

Throwsbigrok - gnomeregan server - the logs are from last two weeks heroic clears

I just got highlord last night, but the only thing I’ve really been going back and fourth between is dropping 4 piece for really high ilevel Mplus gear... any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated. Both of these weeks were much better than the weeks before. Practice and focus are two areas that seem to benefit me a lot, when I can work on them. There could be some rotational stuff you guys see. I’m a dad so I don’t have a ton of spare time, but just don’t want to hold my group back. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    Hey mate,

First thing i noticed is that there are some minor things to make your dps a bit better,

- Stack Crusade to 15 before you pop your Trinket (Vial).

- After poping Crusade, wait about 5 seconds before you pop second DPS Potion (Old War).

- Resource Management - For some reason i cant see Holy Power spent and wasted, but it seems like you waste more than you can spend which can be addressed if you will swap Liadrin's Lego with Highlord's. From this log (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline) it seems like you start with: Judge -> BoJ -> Zeal -> Crusade -> TV -> Wake of Ashes.
    If i read that correct, just by doing this you wasted 4 Holy Power.
    A better opener (for me at least, im using Highlord) is: Judge -> BoJ -> Crusade + TV -> BoJ proc\Ashes
    Always keep BoJ a priority when under 3 Holy Power, and never use Ashes when above 2 Holy Power (Unless its maiden and she's about to transition)

If that's not the case though, forget i said anything about rotation.

- Gear wise, i assume the Relics are probably way higher ilvl than others you have been given by RNGesus, but please, for your sake, replace them asap... especially the BoP and SoV...

- Talent wise, there's no reason to use CS with your haste levels, which means you should use Zeal on all fights. (Yes, Single Target like Goroth included)
    there isn't any reason to have downtime with Zeal and its much stronger.

- On KJ Heroic only - Using Glave trinket is much better than Vial if you wanna blast meters.
    Since your Friend Ret doesn't use it, you can gank the adds while his mouth will drop to the floor.

All that being said, you seem to be doing o.k, and your raid is kind of average, So believe me - You are not holding them back.

Only thing massively hurting your dps (if im reading this right - again) Is your resource management.
    Get used to taking note of your Holy Power and try not to spend too much.

Cheers.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Hey guys,

can someone take a look at my logs and tell what i can do better ?

Character Mekx on Blackmoore (cant post links)

Thanks

Hey Guys can you please take a look at my mythic logs they are not bad by any means but i feel like i am still lacking quit a bit DPS

(add the ww.) warcraftlogs.com/reports/A4J8TktyMd7Lmr9V/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Deleted
    Hello,

I have a problem to dpsin' as retri pally in mythic. In HC it's okay~ish, but in mythic i'm always in bottom of the meters.
    It's an alt, so didn't geared well, do not have too much trait and don't have too much legiondary (sephus, soul, liandin, trail, prydaz, kj trinket). Most of the time i using Soul+chain, for progress - to help the healers - I using prydaz.

The last log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LzG382CXngcfMtx6

Armory
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...enor/cyruslord
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...enor/Cyruslord

The known issues:
    - I haven't use correctly/on time the potion(s)
    - I have a bunch of wasted holy power
    - I often stop dps-in', to moving and using utility (stun on adds, saving others w/ mitigations...)
    - I have way too much mastery
    - My stats/ratio not too good (26crit, 32haste, 6versa)
    - I using the trinkets on CD without check the crusade stacks

Any advice how to improve my numbers a littlebit? (For me more important to kill the boss and moving toward than top the meter(s))

*Note*
    I feel like the paladin is not a good dps without the legendary back, but maybe i'm wrong.

Use Wake of Ashes More

Quote Originally Posted by huncyrus View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem to dpsin' as retri pally in mythic. In HC it's okay~ish, but in mythic i'm always in bottom of the meters.
    It's an alt, so didn't geared well, do not have too much trait and don't have too much legiondary (sephus, soul, liandin, trail, prydaz, kj trinket). Most of the time i using Soul+chain, for progress - to help the healers - I using prydaz.

The known issues:
    - I haven't use correctly/on time the potion(s)
    - I have a bunch of wasted holy power
    - I often stop dps-in', to moving and using utility (stun on adds, saving others w/ mitigations...)
    - I have way too much mastery
    - My stats/ratio not too good (26crit, 32haste, 6versa)
    - I using the trinkets on CD without check the crusade stacks

Any advice how to improve my numbers a littlebit? (For me more important to kill the boss and moving toward than top the meter(s))

*Note*
    I feel like the paladin is not a good dps without the legendary back, but maybe i'm wrong.
    So I compared your fight to someone that did farely well and had a similar length fight. One thing I noticed is you did very well at not letting zeal sit at 2 stacks for too long (even if you did waste a few holy power), so good job. What I also noticed is you wake of ashes usage is very low compared to the other guys. I believe your wake did around 13 mil vs his 22 mil. Big difference. I would advise to watch your wake of ashes cd and plan your spenders accordingly so you do not waste holy power but still use wake on cd. If you have to delay 1 maybe 2 gcds to not waste holy power then use wake it's not the end of the world...any more than that though and you are really hampering yourself. Outside of that you seem to know where most your mistakes lay. One thing I do not know how to check is to see if you are not wasting TV when Judgement is not up. Do you track that with a weak aura?

What are my best set of trinkets? I have 920 Infernal Cinders, 925 Specter of Betrayal, 920 Engine of Eradication, 910 Convergence of Fates, 890 Cradle of Anguish. I also have the KJ Burning Wish, but I am wearing the cloak and ring legendaries.

I srsly don't see the need to use Highlord like everyone seems to see. I got them all, yet I love chain, and Liadrin's go better with it.

Deleted
    Execution sentence , worth using ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post

I srsly don't see the need to use Highlord like everyone seems to see. I got them all, yet I love chain, and Liadrin's go better with it.
    You srsly don't even have the T20 4P equipped, so that's automatically why Liadrin's is going to do better more often.

Yeah but highlord stats are kinda shitty. At least to me, I'm a haste maniac.

Deleted
    Is Greater Judgement going to be the go to talent with the T21 2p bonus in Antorus?

Yep. It's just that good.