Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation What are your predictions for PVP next xpac?

Sup everyone. So blizzcon is here and i wanted to know what changes to pvp do you guys think are coming next xpac?

A new "season" of Prestiging with everyone at rank 0 again.

One new pvp map (maybe)

One pvp zone (maybe)

And that's about it!

People will whine. A lot.

Unbalanced. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to rework every honor talent tree. 1st and 2nd row are terrible. Too many skill-less passives. Not enough removed abilities to gain back. I want to see MoP alter time, reworked MoP tremor (can't use while CC'd, but cleanses fears and gives fear immunity), reworked MoP desecrated ground (can't use while CC'd, gives CC immunity while in the area), might of the frozen wastes to allow 2h fdk again, removed glyph effects (explosive trap knockback, ice block spell immunity, evocation heal, demon hunting, rude interruption, etc), stance dancing for wars/dks.

Other than that I don't care what they announce about PvP. Once again it's up to the class design team to decide whether PvP will be good or not.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-10-31 at 02:37 PM.

I hope CC breakers stay dead, and that they take even more away (like the paladin aura mastery) because the whole point of CC is to disable your opponent. Having things that counter things that counter you is where power creep comes from. I think we can all agree power creep is bad.

I foresee them doing another item squish and possibly a fundamental rework of how item levels work, which might even lead into need for templates disappearing. PvP talents will definitely be improved, just like our normal talents were when compared with WoD. There's a small chance that the pvp talents will be removed and all the fun / niche abilities will be returned to base class kits, though I doubt that.

With how much whining there has been about melee-fest the wizards will once again rule Legion's season 1, with druids once again being overpowered because the devs just can't keep their hands off of giving druids too much at the beginning, followed by overnerfing every spec except resto. Ret will be reworked. Again. And overall I feel like hybrids might once again be a bit out of control.

There's probably going to be more world PvP world quests, possibly some ship-related world pvp area if it's the expac we're all thinking of, and one new arena.

Overall though my expectations are low but it will be curious to see if they even mention PvP @ Blizzcon now that holinka is not allowed to touch it. They know they dun messed it up. But Blizz ain't into publicly acknowledging mistakes, so... Yeah. Prepare for a lot of vague weasel-words!

I would like to see Lava Burst actually hurt again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I hope CC breakers stay dead, and that they take even more away (like the paladin aura mastery) because the whole point of CC is to disable your opponent. Having things that counter things that counter you is where power creep comes from. I think we can all agree power creep is bad.
    Because of people like you and Blizzard listening to them PvP is in such a horrid state. Skill in WoW comes mainly from ability management. WoW isn't an objective-based MOBA, isn't an aim-based FPS/3PS either. You have to have a lot of different abilities with complex mechanics and interactions to raise the skill ceiling in the game. But this has to go hand in hand with the introduction of countermeasures. Most measures in this game are a form of CC, and most countermeasures are either CC breakers or plain damage reduction.

If you prune CC and its countermeasures in this game you get WoD and Legion - a mongoloid fest with no ability to outplay anyone.

Most people whined about CC and CC-breaks in MoP and this is the main reason we have this excuse of a game right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect a new pvp system, overhauled pvp with a lot of brawls, emphasis on "casual" pvp with an improved prestige system, solo queue, etc, something new that we cannot predict just like we could hardly predict rated rbgs during vanilla

I think that they will find a way to reset Prestige as well. Right now it would be impossible for a new player to catch up to the latest prestige, and they probably don't like that. Although it is a purely cosmetic thing, the game is way to casual to have systems where catching up is impossible.

Deleted
    I HOPE they remove templates and bring bk buyable pvp gear

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I would like to see Lava Burst actually hurt again.
    You forgot to talent into this to make it do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    I HOPE they remove templates and bring bk buyable pvp gear
    Templates are a positive step forward, at least in my opinion. Perhaps the scaling (1% increase per 10 item level increase) could be adjusted, but I have seen across multiple community websites the want for PvP gear to come back in a effective way.

I was a huge fan of the MoP (or was it WoD?) style where PvP gear's item level would instantly shoot up when engaging in PvP combat.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-10-31 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodknight2012 View Post
    Because of people like you and Blizzard listening to them PvP is in such a horrid state. Skill in WoW comes mainly from ability management. WoW isn't an objective-based MOBA, isn't an aim-based FPS/3PS either. You have to have a lot of different abilities with complex mechanics and interactions to raise the skill ceiling in the game. But this has to go hand in hand with the introduction of countermeasures. Most measures in this game are a form of CC, and most countermeasures are either CC breakers or plain damage reduction.

If you prune CC and its countermeasures in this game you get WoD and Legion - a mongoloid fest with no ability to outplay anyone.

Most people whined about CC and CC-breaks in MoP and this is the main reason we have this excuse of a game right now.
    Implying a button that makes you immune is 'skillful'. You main a paladin, don't you?
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2017-11-01 at 12:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    New ranked PvP system. *LoL / Overwatch system for example*-Maybe better than that?
    SOLO QUEUE for 2v2/3v3/Rated BG.
    Blizzard to admit and to stop selling the idea that higher prestige player is better than lower prestige player.
    At least 5 new BGs.
    At least 5 new arenas.
    PvP brawls every week (At least 2 brawls every week available)
    Better rewards.
    RNG gearing removed.
    CC breakers removed.

A resolve CC bar like SWTOR had. Where you are immun after getting CCed 3 times in a row for like 15+ seconds. all those mini CCs chained together combined with the absurd cooldown based burst damage is just a joke where you could die in an actual blood elve silence of 1,5 seconds.

And in general cooldown trading has to go, the gameplay is too much around using cooldowns. without them you don't do shit and with them you do too much. Add something like AION had, where you need to to do combos to execute some spells. Windwalker has kind of such stuff. I think thats a good idea for general gameplay for all classes.

Remove adaptationa nd relentless... it is just stupid. Remove honor talents. Add those spells to the general spell list for pve too.

Remove templates OR let players change those templates AT LEAST.

Add actual gear progression to PvP like it always was.

Balance out the melee <-> caster inbalance, it never was that horrible gameplay wise.

Do not add solo queue, it will lead to even more wannabe elitism and toxic behaviour.

Add teams for arena, like it was in the past. Blizzard doesn't realize that this is one of the reasons pvp participation declined over the years.

Make 2v2 meaningful again, add Titles etc. It was always the most played bracket, like always. Why not thrive on it then? What Blizzard did, they killed it because they were unable to balance out DKs in 2v2 after wotlk release... i know so many players that stopped playing because 2v2 went downhill and meant nothing anymore.

remove effin dampening... it is the worst ever thing introduced to arena, EVER. finally care about pvp and balance out Health -> DMG values for real AND MANA usage, then you wouldn't need such shit like dampening. What it does is, that it actually dictates after a period of time who will win. And on top of that, it is not fun at all as a healer when your spells do less and less and less of that what they are supposed to do actually. Look at Mana of healers and balance that.

having templates and not being able to change anything about your character for BGs is just what was the worst decision ever. It takes away the good feeling of progression and customization for that genre we all like. And yes, even PvP needs this, otherwise it becomes boring as fuck. There is a reason we have the lowest participation of all time for PvP.

stop the PRUNING, give back iconic spells to speccs and classes. Blizzard just removed too much and also added iconic spells to honor talent system and those spells are only useable in pvp then, that is totally stupid. In general, dividing spells/talents into pve and pvp feels just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Sup everyone. So blizzcon is here and i wanted to know what changes to pvp do you guys think are coming next xpac?
    They will double up on Template .. Current design will continue .. They will throw crazy money on tournament ..

What should be done is have rated on a separate isolated server with its own balance rules .. The rest of us if we want rated need to copy our character on to rated server.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-11-01 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Terrible design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Implying a button that makes you immune is 'skillful'. You main a paladin, don't you?
    No, I actually main nothing. I'm a player of the world and play with literally everything - have always been.

I'm someone that has lived through DKs having 3 CC breaks, and most other classes having at least 2, in MoP and and thinks that this still provides a lot more interesting options that the current mongoloid fest we currently have. I'd rather have slow movement speed, less mobility and more complex mechanics as in WotLK and Cata but we're not getting back to that either way.

PVP will be neglected and they'll keep the current PVP system where it's absolute bollocks.

The slide with the main features for the next expansion is the one I am awaiting the most.

If PVP is on that slide as one of the items (hopefully, not at the bottom and rather as item #3 or #4), there is some hope and let's take a look at what they plan / do.

If PVP is not on the slide, all is lost.