Lol so this is thor now in phase 1213 because chris hemsworth is bored of playing thor. GG

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Lol so this is thor now in phase 1213 because chris hemsworth is bored of playing thor. GG
    Its cause they realised what a hugely comedic talent hemsworth is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Thor doesn't have Eternal heritage. His mother Gaia is an elder-god who predates life on Earth, the Eternals are the first race of super-humans created by the Celestial.
    Sorry, meant Elder not Eternal, doesn't change the fact that the rest of what I said is bang on. His storm control does NOT come from Mjolnir, and does not require Mjolnir.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Its cause they realised what a hugely comedic talent hemsworth is.
    i still say ghostbusters is worth a watch if only for hemsworths character. hes so much better as a comedy actor than an action/drama actor. he probably has a future in the action comedy genre post mcu work like the rock does.

as long as he doesnt do anything like blackhat he should be good
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Can’t believe they actually continued this gag in the actual movie

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i still say ghostbusters is worth a watch if only for hemsworths character. hes so much better as a comedy actor than an action/drama actor. he probably has a future in the action comedy genre post mcu work like the rock does.

as long as he doesnt do anything like blackhat he should be good
    I think the best performance I've seen from him is still Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sorry, meant Elder not Eternal, doesn't change the fact that the rest of what I said is bang on. His storm control does NOT come from Mjolnir, and does not require Mjolnir.
    Probably varies by story needs though. I mean isn't that the point of Odin's STRIPPING him of his powers and placing them in the hammer, originally?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Probably varies by story needs though. I mean isn't that the point of Odin's STRIPPING him of his powers and placing them in the hammer, originally?
    Yes, but that plotline finished like... decades ago. For a fairly long time now he's had powers that aren't connected to Mjolnir, it's never mattered because he's always HAD the hammer, but since losing it a couple of years back during Original Sin, it suddenly became quite important that he was able to use lightning etc without it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Yes, but that plotline finished like... decades ago. For a fairly long time now he's had powers that aren't connected to Mjolnir, it's never mattered because he's always HAD the hammer, but since losing it a couple of years back during Original Sin, it suddenly became quite important that he was able to use lightning etc without it.
    Right, in the comic it may have finished decades ago. In the movies though? In any case, my main point was simply that it varies by story needs. Not like they couldn't just decide two weeks from now that all his powers are the hammer. They certainly don't define the other Asgardians powers very specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Can’t believe they actually continued this gag in the actual movie
    lol they do? I cant wait to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    In any case, my main point was simply that it varies by story needs. Not like they couldn't just decide two weeks from now that all his powers are the hammer.
    Yeah, that is true, they could totally do that... they probably won't though. I hope they don't...

Of course, seeing as he has the innate awesomeness now, it makes you wonder what weapon he'll be using in Infinity War, and WHY? Will he get a new Mjolnir, will be use Jarnbjorn? Or will I be proven right, AGAIN, and he'll start rocking Gungnir?

Yeah, that is true, they could totally do that... they probably won't though. I hope they don't...

Of course, seeing as he has the innate awesomeness now, it makes you wonder what weapon he'll be using in Infinity War, and WHY? Will he get a new Mjolnir, will be use Jarnbjorn? Or will I be proven right, AGAIN, and he'll start rocking Gungnir?
    Haven't seen Rag yet, so can't really comment on what's what. I think he needs a strength-brute type weapon like axe or hammer though, but we'll see. I almost think they need to get a new Mjolnir for the very simple reason of toy-sales/ marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen Rag yet, so can't really comment on what's what. I think he needs a strength-brute type weapon like axe or hammer though, but we'll see. I almost think they need to get a new Mjolnir for the very simple reason of toy-sales/ marketing.
    Go see it ASAP, it's awesome.

True, they never miss a chance for merch... Jarnbjorn and a new Mjolnir, maybe based on Ultimate Mjolnir are the top two choices, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    My only disappointment in the new Thor movie was them basically killing off everyone from the previous Thor movies to restart his group of friends without even mentioning it.

So Thor and the Warriors 3 had been best friends for thousands of years, they get murdered nearly instantly and he doesn't even have a moment where he stops to reflect on it. Sif isn't even mentioned at all. Kind of feels like they were just killed off so he could have a new diverse range of Friends.
    Was a bit on the disrespectful side to be honest. Even if the previous movies couldn't figure out a decent way to use them.

Apparently Sif had a scheduling conflict. On the plus side, at least that means she's not technically dead... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    1. Spoilers, but obvious stuff
    2. Does anyone really care about them?
    I am actually a little attached to them since I've been reading the original comics and Tales of Asgard that they appear in is by miles the best part of Silver Age Thor.

Particularly Volstagg, who is actually hilarious in the original comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Honestly other than hearing that Thor 2 was bad, I have not heard all that much if at all about those ppl.
    Personally I thought that Thor 2 wasn't bad, in fact I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. Might just be me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Also another major hole I found in Ragnarok. Was the last few years anytime someone criticized the horrid "Femthor" spin-off we were told constantly "It's because she picked up Mjolnir and she was worthy "Thor" is like a Mantle"

Yet in Ragnarok Odin tells Thor that the Hammer has nothing to do with his powers and was simply a conduit to help him channel them.
    The MCU version of Mjolnir and Thor's powers do not work like the 616 version.

There was no Don Blake in the MCU version for example.

But hey they might wind up recreating Mjolnir under some justification in a few movies' time and they can change all the rules again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Does Thor get a new weapon?

If not, mjolnir must be coming back with some time travel shenanigans. Lots of Avengers 4 pictures popping up that seem to indicate time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Any reactions yet from people who have seen Ragnarok?
    I had a blast in the cinema, it's a load of fun and very funny. It's not perfect, has some flaws, but for my money is still easily the best of the Thor films. The only times I've enjoyed MCU Thor in the past is when they're using him for humour (which Chris Hemsworth is really good at) and they really zero in on that appeal in this one.

Only thing is, it's definitely committed to be a colourful, offbeat, funny adventure in the vein of Guardians so that might alienate people who want it to be more serious. Despite the fact that some really serious stuff happens in it, and in fact it changes the game way more than any previous Thor film.

I'm not surprised it's going gangbusters, its enthusiasm and humour is infectious so it probably has really broad appeal even beyond the MCU audience. Though there's quite a lot of injokes and references for them. Honestly feels like Marvel is thinking "we did all this work to set up this universe and all these interconnected stories and characters... let's just go nuts with that and have a ball".

Overall, definitely worth a ticket IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I loved Thor but honestly the film had little emotion.

Odin's death felt so... out of place. Empty, quick, with no pain behind it.

Don't really like the idea of Thor only having one eye, but I guess it's good to have antagonists that actually scar the protagonists. Everyone seems to survive everything in MCU so Thor bearing a permanent scar is cool.
    I strongly suspect they had very little of Anthony Hopkins' time... and patience. All the ingredients were there to make it work but it felt abrupt in the film.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Does Thor get a new weapon?

If not, mjolnir must be coming back with some time travel shenanigans. Lots of Avengers 4 pictures popping up that seem to indicate time travel.
    No, I suspect that'll be a point that gets resolved somehow in Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Go see it ASAP, it's awesome.
    Go to a theater? Doubt it. :-p

True, they never miss a chance for merch... Jarnbjorn and a new Mjolnir, maybe based on Ultimate Mjolnir are the top two choices, IMO.
    Do they actually address the creation of Mjolnir in the movie?
    If Odin imbued it with Thor's worthy-meter, destroying it may have undid the imbue. If previous to that event in Thor1 it was "regular" Mjolnir (returning hammer of really strongness), then the dwarves can just make another. Of if Odin's death signals Thor taking his power, Thor would have the power to remake it himself if Odin made it originally.

i give thor 3 two green booty cheeks out of two.

i also give it 0 verdant dongers out of 1
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to a theater? Doubt it. :-p

Do they actually address the creation of Mjolnir in the movie?
    Trust me dude, it's WELL worth it.

And no, they don't address Mjolnir's creation... I do like the idea of Thor crafting his own hammer now, and that being the reason why it looks different in IW.

Trust me dude, it's WELL worth it.

And no, they don't address Mjolnir's creation... I do like the idea of Thor crafting his own hammer now, and that being the reason why it looks different in IW.
    I don't think he should. Would be kinda pointless and it would lessen the development that happened in Ragnarok if he just goes right back to use another little hammer instead of his lightning powers. Didn't he have a spear at the end anyway?