Poll: Which 'central theme' do you want most in 8.0?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I haven’t been keeping up on theories, but why do people think another revamp of old content? They just did it in cata and with boosts why would they bother? Last time I leveled with heirloom you would out level a zone before you could finish
    And a lot of people do not like that. Some of us would like to have an adventure while leveling. Instead of blowing through like a freight train. And yes, we blow through it without heirlooms equipped also. What's mentioned here as a "world revamp" is referring to visuals though. I want a deeper cut into a revamp. Better quests and a more challenging experience.
    Last edited by SpellCleave; 2017-10-31 at 01:00 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I leveled with heirloom you would out level a zone before you could finish
    In large part because of stuff like this. Currently leveling up by questing and so on is tedious and annoying because you out-level stuff constantly, are always having to abandon quest-lines, and relocate (which requires flight points you often don't have, unless you have the heirloom maps), and so on. You do the annoying startup stuff of each expansion, then are whisked away to the next just as it gets slightly interesting.

So I don't think people necessarily just want a plain revamp, they want scaling and a new approach.

Whether Blizzard will do it is another matter - as long as they keep giving out boosts they can kind of put the issue off. But WoW was the game that really invented leveling-by-questing (albeit half by accident), and which, for a long time, had the best experience there, so it is strange that it now kind of has the worst, all for the want of implementing some systems they already have (scaling) and revamping some stuff.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-31 at 01:03 PM.

1.- The sub races (custom)
    2.- World revamp
    3.- Classes

Two words - player housing. Or at least something completely new, cuz I've got sick of this TBC 2.0, TBC 3.0, etc. Just don't want another TBC 4.0 or WotLK 2.0 (content-wise, not quality wise).

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga, Murloc, Ogre, and Ethereal playable races.

That aside, Old Gods. Big sucker for Lovecraftian shit.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the normal "South Seas" stuff, specifically the dragon isle part; I'd like to see a redemption of the Black Dragonflight under Ebyssian; or maybe even the emissary to the Wyrmrest Accord; forgot her name.

Old god themed old world revamp.

Fix catacrap to put the zones into more constant state and make them shift into oldgodness based on whatever event, basically what they do in Legion with the invasions, only more drastic and more prolonged. Maybe implement some of the Broken shore elements where you collect suplies to rebuild a broken mage tower or command center etc., use these mechanics to fix ravaged towns and stuff.
    Also improve the visuals on Legion or better level.

More character customization options, class specific and unlockable via quests and chievos and whatever else.

Only thing I'm worried about is flying and since it's allowed in the old world, we ain't getting anything old world related. They would either have to remove flying, or have flying right from the start of the expansion, which they said they didn't want to do...

Deleted
    I want to know how they will announce new ExP without spoiling the end of the legion which is not officially known.

10 Man Mythic raiding or they lose my sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    In addition to the normal "South Seas" stuff, specifically the dragon isle part; I'd like to see a redemption of the Black Dragonflight under Ebyssian; or maybe even the emissary to the Wyrmrest Accord; forgot her name.
    That would be pretty rad. I'd like to see all the flights restored to their former glory.

Deleted
    South Seas, picturesque environments with a healthy faction war. Also sub races and new customise options.

I'm still pulling for the Rise of the Naga Empire leak being the real deal.

Deleted
    The one without continuation of AP grind and leggo slot machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the one that makes people stop doing shit leaks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, but many who played cata felt it suffered from the dev time on old content not many play. But my question was more about why do people think it is going to happen? I am just trying to catch up on the theories, not passing judgement
    Simple: World Quests and Zone Scaling

5+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to see a revamped old world, that includes world quests and events. As much as people hate the Cata revamp, it was a bold idea at the time, pity that it was horribly implemented, partly because they didn't have the necessary tech back then.. But Blizz learns from its mistakes... Doesn't it?

I guess Void would work the best. I mean, they can basically recycle all current content and just add a purple tint to our screens.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Races, Boats.

That's all I've ever wanted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I want none of that, something completely unexpected and weird and new.

Lol I'm gonna be so disappointed...

Whatever it is just please remove sylvanas.

South seas, anything tropical and/or sea bed (sea floor) would be lovely after the ugly legion.