Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That's a bit too simple..
    It is former Soviet Union. And that's very important. Why? The Soviets committed genocide on Muslims.
    Now mix it together with the other, current problem countries, and you get some hot mix.
    Muslim genocide... what? They did suppress religion, that's about it, but i guess by modern standards that's genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Muslim genocide... what? They did suppress religion, that's about it, but i guess by modern standards that's genocide.
    I know about the Muslim genocide of Hindus in India and Pakistan in the 70s, never heard of Russian genocide of Muslims
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

That's very tiny number compared to many other nationalities who suffered under soviets, yet you don't hear about genocide of poles, ukrainians etc. It was just one of things soviets did. period.

Deleted
    Do you really think you can actually make an normal conversation with this guy, who links something that he hasn't read, and claims, that someone, who is born after 1989 in Uzbekistan almost 100% Muslim country has something to do with some genocide? Just ignore him.

edited*

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    6 dead so far and it looks like a deliberate act where some person drove a van into a sidewalk. This could be a possible terrorist attack.
    Well, of course it was a terrorist act...his skin wasn't white.

And, of course, the President is jumping right in on twitter. Too bad Uzbekistan wasn't on his list of banned countries which wouldn't have mattered since the murderer came here in 2010 or he would have spouted that nonsense (despite the year the murderer arrived). "We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere. Enough!"

Let's see...how did the administration react earlier this month to a much larger mass murder? Oh yeah, "It is premature to discuss policy before we know all the facts." - Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 10/2/2017 (the day after the Las Vegas massacre).

But I'm sure this isn't religious or racial at all... /eyeroll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Do you really think you can actually make an normal conversation with this guy, who links something that he hasn't read, and claims, that someone, who is born before 1990 in Uzbekistan almost 100% Muslim country has something to do with some genocide? Just ignore him.
    What?

I said the Soviets committed genocide. And that's a fact.
    Started rather "harmless" under Lenin, was exaggerated and escalated under Stalin, and if you will. In a way it still persists, since Putin isn't fond of Muslims either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Do you really think you can actually make an normal conversation with this guy, who links something that he hasn't read, and claims, that someone, who is born after 1989 in Uzbekistan almost 100% Muslim country has something to do with some genocide? Just ignore him.

edited*
    Suppose, as side note, relocations of tatars (as that's what it was) was part of Stalins scheme to avoid any rebelions. He'd move poles to kazachstan or syberia, germans (pre-war) to syberia etc.

I have read many, many, many, many bullshits in my life, but you just got the 1st place. congratulations.
    Osama bin Ladin was killing Russians/Soviets in Afghanistan months before we met him. Afghanistan was a Soviet satellite state at the time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Well, of course it was a terrorist act...his skin wasn't white.

And, of course, the President is jumping right in on twitter. Too bad Uzbekistan wasn't on his list of banned countries which wouldn't have mattered since the murderer came here in 2010 or he would have spouted that nonsense (despite the year the murderer arrived). "We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere. Enough!"

Let's see...how did the administration react earlier this month to a much larger mass murder? Oh yeah, "It is premature to discuss policy before we know all the facts." - Sarah Huckabee Sanders, 10/2/2017 (the day after the Las Vegas massacre).

But I'm sure this isn't religious or racial at all... /eyeroll
    You don't know what terrorism is do you?

What?

I said the Soviets committed genocide. And that's a fact.
    Started rather "harmless" under Lenin, was exaggerated and escalated under Stalin, and if you will. In a way it still persists, since Putin isn't fond of Muslims either.
    200k RELOCATED, less than 20% of them died. That's relocation in Soviet Union, not purposly murdering.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish...on_of_the_NKVD that's genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very tiny number compared to many other nationalities who suffered under soviets, yet you don't hear about genocide of poles, ukrainians etc. It was just one of things soviets did. period.
    Of course, you're right.
    But, Poland and Ukraine aren't in the mix here and now.
    It's Uzbekistan, a former Soviet Union part, which happens to suffer for nearly 80 years more or less now because of their religious beliefs.
    That's all I actually pointed out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Osama bin Ladin was killing Russians/Soviets in Afghanistan months before we met him. Afghanistan was a Soviet satellite state at the time.
    wait, what?! What this have to do with the guy from uzbekistan who killed peope in NYC? are you the same guy's second account so you both speak some random bullshits?

10+ Year Old Account
    200k RELOCATED, less than 20% of them died. That's relocation in Soviet Union, not purposly murdering.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish...on_of_the_NKVD that's genocide.
    Are you getting hung up on semantics now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Idk. But I love people in this thread jumped to he is DEFINITELY a Middle Eastern man.

Yeah those people are obviously wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, what?! What this have to do with the guy from uzbekistan who killed peope in NYC? are you the same guy's second account so you both speak some random bullshits?
    Maybe it's you who talks bullshit?
    Are you a Putin shill?

Of course, you're right.
    But, Poland and Ukraine aren't in the mix here and now.
    It's Uzbekistan, a former Soviet Union part, which happens to suffer for nearly 80 years more or less now because of their religious beliefs.
    That's all I actually pointed out.
    If they attacked Russia maybe you would have a point just maybe...

No, you as any western person, don't understand soviet mentality, which is, as side note, borderline insane. You're talking about nation where soldiers in 1914 marched without shoes to fight germans, without a single word of complaint. That type of relocation, was common during that era, it wasn't aimed at tatars for their faith, but rather fact they were sunshine and puppies towards nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatar_Legions

I'm so glad this guy was caught alive. I want to hear him talk. Make him squeal.

The United States in the 19th century "relocated" Native Americans in what many consider to be a stain on US history, the "Trail of Tears". And a lot fewer of them died than 20k (20% of 200k). So "relocation" doesn't sound very good to an American with knowledge of US history.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post

Yeah those people are obviously wrong.
    Next thing you know they'll be insisting that he might be Amish.