Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    What if, get this, the next battleground or arena will be in lordaeron?
    Seems legit..
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

How funny would it be if Tel'abim is actually this horrifying zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    There's already an arena in Undercity. I think they'd pick somewhere else with a different artstyle--the monastery could work for that.
    Yeah, but I reckon, it'd be like a Gilneas setting (Battle of Gilneas battleground).
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What if Tel'Abim is the name of an Old God?

Next expansion will be a filler, and I dread to say it, but kinda like WoD. I think Legion was a great solid expansion, but we knew it had to be after the disaster that was WoD, so Blizz threw a LOT at Legion. I sub races are the big 'hook' then we're in for a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of sub races, but surely are a big patch item. After all, they are just cosmetic changes of already existing models. Even WoD had a hook, Garrisons. MoP had Pandas and Monks, Cata etc. Hopefully Blizz pull something out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Maybe the bananas are drugs being exported to get us addicted to them.
    It was all a Legion plan to weaken us like the Monk 7.2 story, only we screw ourselves over by wiping out their supply chain and now we can't get our fix.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What if Tel'Abim is the name of an Old God?
    Now THAT is a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Next expansion will be a filler, and I dread to say it, but kinda like WoD. I think Legion was a great solid expansion, but we knew it had to be after the disaster that was WoD, so Blizz threw a LOT at Legion. I sub races are the big 'hook' then we're in for a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of sub races, but surely are a big patch item. After all, they are just cosmetic changes of already existing models. Even WoD had a hook, Garrisons. MoP had Pandas and Monks, Cata etc. Hopefully Blizz pull something out of the bag.
    Sorry to break it to you but garrisons were not a hook. WoD's "hook" was going to Draenor in it's whole state and seeing the orcs before they got corrupted, and the cinematic. Even if you consider garrisons to be a hook, and if sub-races end up being the hook for the next addon, i'm sure there would be many more players looking forward to sub-races compared to garrisons. Garrisons were not the reason that WoD brought subs back to 10 million (if only for a very brief period in time).

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Garrisons were not the reason that WoD brought subs back to 10 million (if only for a very brief period in time).
    MoP probably had a lot to do with it.
    People expected more of the same and got nothing instead.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's what I've said a thousand times.

If sub-races are the "big hook" then it's going to be WoD and the "updated character models" all over again.

They belong in a patch. Not as a massive expansion feature.

I hope this expansion is like MoP. A "slight" break from the doom and gloom and a return to faction warfare. Then throw Naga on top, playable Naga.
    Naga will never be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's what I've said a thousand times.

If sub-races are the "big hook" then it's going to be WoD and the "updated character models" all over again.

They belong in a patch. Not as a massive expansion feature.

I hope this expansion is like MoP. A "slight" break from the doom and gloom and a return to faction warfare. Then throw Naga on top, playable Naga.
    If they want to keep this streak of good faith alive, they'll definitely have to do more than sub-races and revamped old zones, because while both of those are very cool, the initial excitement wears off pretty quickly. I was already pretty much over the new character models in WoD after a week, and that was literally the feature I was looking forward to the most.

And with the revamped zones in Cataclysm, it was more or less the same thing: it made me level a new character from 1 to 85 to see how the updated world looks, but after that I was over it.

Not trying to be pessimistic but neither of these things should be selling points of an expansion. They will definitely have to add at least a new race (it's been a while) or have the expansion filled with enough content and a compelling enough story that the addition of sub-races and revamped zones will just seem like a nice bit of extra, instead of being one of the main features of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    MoP probably had a lot to do with it.
    People expected more of the same and got nothing instead.
    There's plenty wrong with WoD, there's no doubt(Or was wrong rather). There was good things though and that can't be ignored. But that's the end on how I feel about Draenor.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Will you do something humiliating if they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Will you do something humiliating if they are?
    Like... cosplay as a mermaid?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    you can never say never with blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post

Lordaeron flag, drown yourself in a circle of stars... Lordaeron on stage.. confirmed... bananas.

You are absolutely fucking onto something. Lordaeron was the domain of N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post

Erm, I don't think "Lordaeron" existed when Azeroth was a supercontinent. The geographical area, sure, but there wasn't an actual "Lordaeron" until much, much, much later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Too bad his prison is basically where the name is on that map, fairly far from Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-01 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That image of the Old Gods area of influence, is that just their influence or is that how literally big they were.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch Rackham View Post
    you can never say never with blizzard
    They said they were against player and guild housing because they didn't want cities to turn into ghost towns, then we got garrisons which is essentially the same thing.