Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That image of the Old Gods area of influence, is that just their influence or is that how literally big they were.
    Influence, their domains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That image of the Old Gods area of influence, is that just their influence or is that how literally big they were.
    I was wondering the same thing. It should be their area of influence, but maybe that would also mean some kinds of 'tendrils' stretching all over and through it. Like with Yoggi in Northrend, he is imprisoned in Ulduar, but his tendrils reached well into Grizzly Hills.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    They said they were against player and guild housing because they didn't want cities to turn into ghost towns, then we got garrisons which is essentially the same thing.
    yep this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. It should be their area of influence, but maybe that would also mean some kinds of 'tendrils' stretching all over and through it. Like with Yoggi in Northrend, he is imprisoned in Ulduar, but his tendrils reached well into Grizzly Hills.
    He managed to reach Howling Fjord, too; corrupted some miners there.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Too bad his prison is basically where the name is on that map, fairly far from Lordaeron.
    If you think that makes Lordaeron out of his reach, I think you're the one reaching - especially given we're talking about Blizzard here. N'zoth is a master of corruption and deceit, more so than the other Old Gods. His influence almost certainly reaches far beyond his prison, and what-would-become-Lordaeron serving as his domain priot to his imprisonment certainly lends credence to his influence there being a more present concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Erm, I don't think "Lordaeron" existed when Azeroth was a supercontinent. The geographical area, sure, but there wasn't an actual "Lordaeron" until much, much, much later on.
    Well yeah, no shit. I don't think it being called Lordaeron or otherwise means much to N'zoth.

I'm convinced the Lordaeron Symbol is a representation of the next expansion, because:

1. The golden circle with the hieroglyphs around the Lordaeron Symbol is actually seen on the box art of every WoW expansion, and WoW only.
    2. So far during every past Blizzcon, art has been placed under the big screen at the same spot which were always a representation of their respective expansions at the time. In 2016 it was Legion, in 2011 Cataclysm-themed, etc. This was also always at the WoW PvP stage.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2017-11-01 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    He managed to reach Howling Fjord, too; corrupted some miners there.
    Right! Even if it was 'only' his blood, I think that would be enough to say, they were kind of manifested all throughout their respective territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    If you think that makes Lordaeron out of his reach, I think you're the one reaching - especially given we're talking about Blizzard here. N'zoth is a master of corruption and deceit, more so than the other Old Gods. His influence almost certainly reaches far beyond his prison, and what-would-become-Lordaeron serving as his domain priot to his imprisonment certainly lends credence to his influence there being a more present concept.
    That reminds me: Did we ever find out what was up with all the crazies and the blue crystals in Stranglethorn?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So, I have a question for you guys since you know a lot more than I do. I noticed A "leak" that was just posted that shared a name with another Blizzard IP's expansion and it makes me wonder. Is it at all possible, from a technical standpoint and not a "Dur-hur, Blizzard would never do that! Thats un-possible, u dum me forum Ogre!" standpoint, for them to make an expansion for two different IP's both with the same name. Like...

World of Warcraft: The Crazed Buttstabber's revenge

And, given what inspired me to ask this

Hearthstone: The Crazed Buttstabber's revenge

Like, talking about trademark technicalities and all the legal going ons, is it possible? Could Blizzard use the same name for two different games expansions? How would trademarking work in that instance? Or not even the same name for two different games, what if they use the title of a book or what if they reused an old Warcraft(RTS) expansion name?

I am 99.99% sure they never would, but is it a possibility in terms of a purely technical standpoint?

World of Warcraft: Nomi's Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    So, I have a question for you guys since you know a lot more than I do. I noticed A "leak" that was just posted that shared a name with another Blizzard IP's expansion and it makes me wonder. Is it at all possible, from a technical standpoint and not a "Dur-hur, Blizzard would never do that! Thats un-possible, u dum me forum Ogre!" standpoint, for them to make an expansion for two different IP's both with the same name. Like...

Like, talking about trademark technicalities and all the legal going ons, is it possible? Could Blizzard use the same name for two different games expansions? How would trademarking work in that instance? Or not even the same name for two different games, what if they use the title of a book or what if they reused an old Warcraft(RTS) expansion name?

I am 99.99% sure they never would, but is it a possibility in terms of a purely technical standpoint?
    I think they'd have to get permission from themselves, but they might decide to make an example of themselves to serve as a warning to themselves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post

They could but will they that's unlikely they would, all there games are separate. and they don't want to cause confusion

Also Varimathras did have a lot of Sylvanas related forshadowing in his raid dialogue. So whether a big role or a small one, lordaeron will have some relevance in the next xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Also Varimathras did have a lot of Sylvanas related forshadowing in his raid dialogue. So whether a big role or a small one, lordaeron will have some relevance in the next xpac
    Well, she DID have wherever it was that she spirited Koltira away to.
    If it's some hidden area beneath Undercity, could be anything down there.
    Given there's nerubians in the Plaguelands, they could've dug yet another tunnel between everyone else and an Old God.

Deleted
    That reminds me: Did we ever find out what was up with all the crazies and the blue crystals in Stranglethorn?
    A good point!
    A actually think that was one of the first instances where we saw people influenced by ore... it was ore, the Venture Co. mined there in Vanilla wasn't it? And we had to go pick some up for Booty Bay too.
    Strangle Thorn is actually quite interesting from that perspective, I mean the N'zoth-domain-perspective, because there was a lot of shady stuff going on there in the past that somehow just... slipped by. Except for Zul'Gurub ofc.

5+ Year Old Account
    this wait is really ooking me in the pooper

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    This assumes he wasn't just lying. Sylvanas was the person he was working with, it's no surprising she'd be the one he talks about--And I mean, she is already doing incredibly shady crap, we don't need to wait for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I'm convinced the Lordaeron Symbol is a representation of the next expansion, because:

1. The golden circle with the hieroglyphs around the Lordaeron Symbol is actually seen on the box art of every WoW expansion, and WoW only.
    2. So far during every past Blizzcon, art has been placed under the big screen at the same spot which were always a representation of their respective expansions at the time. In 2016 it was Legion, in 2011 Cataclysm-themed, etc.
    Keep in mind that this is the PVP stage. Not the main or primary wow panel stage

Deleted
    Well, she DID have wherever it was that she spirited Koltira away to.
    If it's some hidden area beneath Undercity, could be anything down there.
    Given there's nerubians in the Plaguelands, they could've dug yet another tunnel between everyone else and an Old God.

So I repeat my guess for the cluemancer "leak": the city under the city will be underneath Undercity

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Keep in mind that this is the PVP stage. Not the main or primary wow panel stage
    I know, I checked. The art thingy was the case with all PvP stages from past Blizzcons.

Real Leak Ahead:

New WoW expansion: Dr.Booms awesome adventure.
    Features:
    - 7 Attack
    - 7 Health
    - Comes with two boombots
    - Warning: Boombots Explode

Edit: Seriously though. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that a lot of the artifact talents will be reworked into the baseline if the spec isn't changed completely in a different direction. I can't imagine the pruning they did holding up without the rotation enablers from artifacts.