Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    I would argue that Chechnya is more in Asia than in Europe, but okay. Does any Eastern European country have death camps for gay people? Nope. Does their society dislike them, let's say yes. So what, are you saying they have no right to have their opinion? Unless someone gets murdered, beaten or persecuted, there's no harm done. Unless your fifis got hurt, then i suppose you need to send microagression police and put microcriminal in microjail.
    ...You do know that they're murdering, beating, and persecuting gays, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...You do know that they're murdering, beating, and persecuting gays, right?
    In Chechnya, yeah. On any other country i'm gonna require a source, that is not Salon or Huffpost.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Our current system is working to a large degree, but it might not always be that way. Saying that terrorism is not a serious concern because it doesn't happen often, is rhetoric that is frequently used to assert that we need to cut back on our current system,or that we will never in the future need to be more proactive than we are now.

It's a thought terminating cliche designed to minimize people's concerns.
    Until there is reason provided by those who are proficient in the field, I'll trust on them to decide if measures could be cut back or further invested in. I currently don't see a reason to take extreme measures now when the problem is minimal atm.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    How dare the left shame people for advocating genocide.
    Who's advocating genocide now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No, it's not. You're just strawmanning us now. No one is advocating for cutting back on our current system (aside from maybe a few changes to the TSA since it's demonstrable useless). We're saying that our current system is doing it's job and the only real way to completely prevent terrorist attacks ever, is to never let immigrants in which creates it's own problems and even then there would be domestic terrorism.
    I wasn't aware you were all a homogeneous side that believes the exact same things. My bad. I will simply choose to ignore all the times I have seen other people on the left assert that terrorism is a non-issue.

Agreed about the TSA though.

Poor guy must have been suffering from economic anxiety.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the advent of automation and AI, that would include...most of humanity except for like 50 people.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't even know where Somalia is.
    Funny enough, not being American, I do know, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Who's advocating genocide now?
    The right.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Until there is reason provided by those who are proficient in the field, I'll trust on them to decide if measures could be cut back or further invested in. I currently don't see a reason to take extreme measures now when the problem is minimal atm.
    I hope you hold yourself to that when/if experts say that things need to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have very little patience for this kind of... discourse.

I did not say atheism ended the crusades. I said that the humiliation of Christianity has prevented us from seeing modern day Christian crusades. If you think that the odds of a Christian crusade now are greater than or equal to the odds of a crusade happening before the enlightenment, you are delusional.
    You're the one that asserted it happened "because athiesm and science." If that's not what you meant, don't use those words.

And virtually none of them outside of Uganda even hold to literal interpretations. It goes beyond a rejection of fundamentalism; most Christians would feel silly to even suggest that 80% of the things suggested in the bible are literally true or commands that must be followed. They take the fluff about being kind to your neighbor because those are the only parts that are still socially acceptable. Christianity has been totally emasculated and de-fanged. Islam has not had that happen to it yet.
    And you'd probably find that the vast majority of Muslims in the United States don't feel particularly compelled to go on a jihad.

Also, you've clearly never been to the midwest/the south if you think there aren't people that still believe in the garden of Eden and/or reject evolution and so forth.

Additionally you seem to be going about this in a roundabout way; you act as if insulting Muslims for their beliefs is somehow going to "shame them" into being more complacent and "less muslim." But I'm pretty sure these Muslim terrorists are acting out EXACTLY because they feel that their beliefs are being threatened. Not because "no one has told them to stop and everyone is being too nice to them."

If you want to stop terrorism, you address why people become terrorists. Not why people are muslim. I'd say that decades of internal conflict, rampant corruption, political instability, proxy wars and mass poverty are probably the things to address to alleviate terrorism, rather some petty bullshit like putting laws on restricting women's headwear or somesuch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    The right.
    Haha, I see. Care to elaborate or should I just take your word for it?

I hope you hold yourself to that when/if experts say that things need to change.
    Are these the same experts that told us that our decade and a half long campaign in the Middle East was a good idea?

Big cities are warzones. I humbly hope anyone living in a city is able to someday escape.

If they say so and have the numbers/evidence to back them, yes. ATM I'm not going to go nuts about Islamic extremism and assume that we should scratch Muslim religion from the 1A. Nor do I hold people responsible for sharing the same religion/region of an extremist.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Haha, I see. Care to elaborate or should I just take your word for it?
    Coitently

/10char

The terroist left a note in the truck pledging allegiance to isis.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Big cities are warzones. I humbly hope anyone living in a city is able to someday escape.
    Have...have you ever left your hometown?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Not a shooting bub. Evil terrorist uses truck to mow down innocent people. The gunfire was from police who apprehended the terrorist.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

7+ Year Old Account
    Coitently

/10char
    Oh I get it, everyone on the right is a nazi huh? Thanks for informing me comrade.

Can someone explain to me why people think right-wing solutions to terrorism are effective when we have mountains of evidence showing that it isn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    In Chechnya, yeah. On any other country i'm gonna require a source, that is not Salon or Huffpost.
    It has been an issue throughout Russia.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.