Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

AU Draenor: Will we ever get an explanation?

Seriously. So many plotholes, man.

There were goblins on Draenor. How?

How did we get back to Azeroth?

Are MU Azeroth and MU Draenor permanently connected?

If we're permanently connected, why aren't the Draenei forces of Draenor fighting alongside us on Argus?

What happened to AU Archimonde? If there's only one Archimonde and Kil'Jaedin, how are there two Velens?

Is there an AU Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What happened to AU Archimonde? If there's only one Archimonde and Kil'Jaedin, how are there two Velens?

Is there an AU Argus?
    Archimonde and KJ are demonic in nature now,and demons are bound to the nether,which transcends all dimensions,Velen isn't demonic

Maybe the same applies to Argus?

For the rest,pretty sure Blizzard kinda gave up after they realised how fucked toying with time travel is when it comes to plot

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Here is the best explanation i could find:

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Archimonde and KJ are demonic in nature now,and demons are bound to the nether,which transcends all dimensions,Velen isn't demonic
    By that logic, there could be other realities where Archimonde and Kil'Jaedin opposed Sargeras, and Velen joined the Burning Legion. Where is Demon-Velen?

Edit: I mean, if it remains true that this alternate timeline is just as "true" as others that were shown to Garrosh by Kairoz.

If we're permanently connected, why aren't the Draenei forces of Draenor fighting alongside us on Argus?

Is there an AU Argus?
    In order. We brought the goblins with us. Khadgar made permanent portals between our cities and Ashran. Yes, they're permanently connected via the red dark portal. Cause they're busy rebuilding their own world. There's only one Archimonde and KJ because demons are connected to the twisting nether and trascends all realities. Velen is not a demon. There is an AU Argus, but we have no way to get to it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard probably wants to forget WoD so we'll most likely never get answers. That being said it would've been nice if Yrel had at least ONE appearance.

They were Blackfuse's crew who, along with Zaela, followed Garrosh into the past with the help of the infinite dragonflight. It was going to be explained but Blizzard couldn't be bothered. Also they couldn't be bothered to include the infinite dragons. Or Wrathion. Or do anything sensical with Kairoz. Even though the lot of them were the whole reason Garrosh got sent back in time in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

Is there an AU Argus?
    Let's see...

Goblins were mercs with Garrosh's True Horde that I'm sure he needed as Engineers to enhance and refine the Iron Star technology that you see everywhere.

Can't really explain #2 that well. Always something I wondered personally.

#3 im sure you mean AU Draenor. No we destroyed the Dark Portal cutting off the Iron Horde reinforcements. However mages for some reason can still make portals there after we established our footholds (Stormshield and ... whatever the Horde one is) on Draenor.

#4: Yrel and Grommash fell in the Mage Portal Plothole.

#5 was explained above
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

AU draenor and MU Azeroth aren’t connected after Tennan opening and you blow up the portal AFAIK

Archimonde is dead I believe. I think he and KJ won’t make a return. Otherwise I feel we would have seen that by now. KJ especially since we killed him in and around Argus. But until Bliz says otherwise I would say they are dead 100%.

The reason for 2 Valens was that Valen is not a demon. KJ and Archi were and that transcends timelines. So it is only one of them or something (got confusing and weird and I think Blizz saw they messed it up) but basically demon vs not demon

Goblins came with us to AU Draenor when we all came through the portal and after we setup our garrisons. Just like the settlement from Admiral what’s-his-name in Spires. I would assume there is an AU everything but we will never go there. They specifically said we wouldn’t see AU Azeroth.

We got back to Azeroth via a portal similar to how we built our garrison. Mages channeled huge amounts of energy and made a portal for us to walk through. They made a portal near stormwind and in Everbloom I think it got closed. But it was basically a lot of magic and wizards doing stuff.

I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over it or think about it too much. It gets confusing and can hurt your head.

What if there was an alternative universe where Velen accepted Sargera's gift to become a demon?

10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic, there could be other realities where Archimonde and Kil'Jaedin opposed Sargeras, and Velen joined the Burning Legion. Where is Demon-Velen?

Edit: I mean, if it remains true that this alternate timeline is just as "true" as others that were shown to Garrosh by Kairoz.
    There are infinite universes, but the Legion is finite. They can only invade so many universes and so far none have had a Velen fall to corruption.

AU me?

Ahahahaha...

Sargeras made sure there was only one me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are infinite universes, but the Legion is finite. They can only invade so many universes and so far none have had a Velen fall to corruption.
    I could unmake all those Universes though. I have the Power.

Infracted. RP posting in the non-RP forums is not allowed.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2017-11-01 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What if there was an alternative universe where Velen accepted Sargera's gift to become a demon?
    Not possible since with 1 legion we would encounter demon velen already.

If there is 1 legion that somehow exists in infinite universes at the same time, how come they haven't put their "infinite" experience to use?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

Maybe the same applies to Argus?

For the rest,pretty sure Blizzard kinda gave up after they realised how fucked toying with time travel is when it comes to plot
    So when Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became demonic in one universe, all the other ones who didn't become demonic simply poofed into thin air.

Interesting.

Then why was AU Velen on AU Draenor and not on AU Argus? Why did AU Velen have to flee to AU Draenor?

I think I know why...

Because Time Travel / Alternate Universes Expansions and Storylines are absolute fucking incomprehensible bullshit, in every story and franchise that has every existed and whoever made WoD is a fucking retard.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-11-01 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's only one Archimonde and KJ because demons are connected to the twisting nether and trascends all realities. Velen is not a demon.
    If you feel there is nothing wrong with this then id love to know where you think the moon goes at night.

- - - Updated - - -

The lore logically can NOT be as the devs say, so you have to rationalize it in someway yourself outside of the devs explanation. Wow requires a bit of headcanon these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    In order. We brought the goblins with us. Khadgar made permanent portals between our cities and Ashran. Yes, they're permanently connected via the red dark portal. Cause they're busy rebuilding their own world. There's only one Archimonde and KJ because demons are connected to the twisting nether and trascends all realities. Velen is not a demon. There is an AU Argus, but we have no way to get to it.
    - The red portal was destroyed and presumably never rebuilt.

- How did AU Velen get to Draenor, and be followed by demons, if there is no connection from AU Argus to AU Draenor? We would be fighting an entirely different Burning Legion.

- In the infinite timelines, there's not a single one where Velen joins the Burning Legion, and not a single one where either Kil'Jaedin or Archimonde don't?

Also, that special gem thingy Velen has on his staff? There are literally an unlimited number of those. No big deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post

The lore logically can NOT be as the devs say, so you have to rationalize it in someway yourself outside of the devs explanation. Wow requires a bit of headcanon these days.
    At the end of Mists of Pandaria, Garrosh sacrificed his soul to revive Gul'Dan. Plot fixed.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2017-11-01 at 01:50 AM. Reason: WoD->MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    If there is 1 legion that somehow exists in infinite universes at the same time, how come they haven't put their "infinite" experience to use?
    They don't exist in infinite universes simultaneously. They reside in the Twisting Nether which is outside the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    So when Archimonde and Kil'jaeden became demonic in one universe, all the other ones who didn't become demonic simply poofed into thin air.
    They don't. WoD-verse had its own uncorrupted Arch and KJ until the Legion came. But once they turn into demons, there's only 1 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think I know why...
    Because Time Travel / Alternate Universes Expansions and Storylines are absolute fucking incomprehensible bullshit, in every story and franchise that has every existed and whoever made WoD is a fucking retard.
    This is only because Blizzard changed the direction of WoD to put our Archimonde into HFC. The WoD-verse was initially supposed to have its own separate Burning Legion with its own Twisting Nether.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Question, with the Draenor we travel to in WoD. Is this Draenor connected to our Twisting nether, or an alternate one?
    Likely an entire separate universe, but we're not addressing it in the expansion. Focus is Draenor! (DaveKosak)

7+ Year Old Account
    AU Dreanor is supposed to not make sense. It makes it easier to throw under the rug and be forgotten as a "mistake" in all areas.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    - How did AU Velen get to Draenor, and be followed by demons, if there is no connection from AU Argus to AU Draenor?
    The Legion invaded WoD-Argus and picked up WoD-KJ and WoD-Arch.

We would be fighting an entirely different Burning Legion.
    That was the intent before HFC and Blizzard wanting Arch to be more dramatic by making it the same one we defeated in WC3.

- In the infinite timelines, there's not a single one where Velen joins the Burning Legion, and not a single one where either Kil'Jaedin or Archimonde don't?
    The Legion is singular, invading infinite universes. It is mathematically impossible for them get to all of them. It's just that the ones they've visited so far haven't had a Velen that accepts the offer.