Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Im still kinda shocked that were getting an xpac trailer before the final raid is even released. Feels odd imo
    We got the Cata announcement during ToC

7+ Year Old Account
    I will get hyped just to spite you. I was gonna get hyped anyways but still.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Uhhh, yes. Unless you see them announcing another expac outside of blizzcon.
    1. they've announced expansions outside of blizzcon
    2. expansions are worked on well ahead of their announcements
    3. it's entirely plausible for blizzard to have a short alpha and beta phase.
    4. regardless of when the next expansion is announced, we won't be getting 16-18 months of antorus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    We got the Cata announcement during ToC
    And to add on to that, MoP was also announced before Dragon Soul came out and I believe WotLK was announced with Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    There is the possibility that an expansion won't be announced, yes, but it is highly unlikely. They don't need to make a pre-Blizzcon announcement about their plans on showing a new expansion.

You realize this is absolutely wrong right? It's not like development for an expansion begins once they publicly announce it.
    Nothing about what I said is wrong.

The Devs themselves are hyped about it. Seems likely they have something worthwhile to show us.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Legion's its due.
    Not until I die, my dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nothing about what I said is wrong.
    how would the announcement date of an expansion affect the length of a tier, or more specifically, make the tier last for over a year and a half?

Blizzard has obviously been dumping work into the next expansion. Whether it gets announced at Blizzcon or not won't make Antorus last for a year and a half.

and just to clarify, I'm not saying Blizzard won't announce the expansion this year, it would honestly be dumb of them not to. I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely that antorus would last for over a year if the upcoming expansion got announced at a later time.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-11-01 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    The next expansion is absolutely going to be announced this Friday. Of course they haven't come out and explicitly said so as it's supposed to be a "surprise", but the evidence and timing are pretty overwhelming.
    There was also that slip last week where ptr servers went to 8.0.0 for like 5 minutes before they changed it back. General consensus I saw was that was them prepping for blizzcon

I like being hyped, its fun.

I'm not hyped over anything that will happen at Blizzcon, they've said things before and never gone through with it, it's wise to be cautious.

99.9% chance of xpac but never know could be the .1% that wins.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    how would the announcement date of an expansion affect the length of a tier, or more specifically, make the tier last for over a year and a half?

Blizzard has obviously been dumping work into the next expansion. Whether it gets announced at Blizzcon or not won't make Antorus last for a year and a half.

and just to clarify, I'm not saying Blizzard won't announce the expansion this year, it would honestly be dumb of them not to. I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely that antorus would last for over a year if the upcoming expansion got announced at a later time.
    It's like you're forgetting every other expansion, 4-5 months of beta, hype etc. Every single time, announcement to release is around a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like you're forgetting every other expansion, 4-5 months of beta, hype etc. Every single time, announcement to release is around a year.
    You don't need to build up the hype for an expansion for a year, nor do their beta's need to last for 5 months considering the way they handle them and how they can further improve on them. I also highly doubt that the expansion will be out after September of next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to build up the hype for an expansion for a year, nor do their beta's need to last for 5 months considering the way they handle them and how they can further improve on them. I also highly doubt that the expansion will be out after September of next year.
    You may not, but blizzard does those things so.... nothing about what I said was wrong if you look at the last 6 expansions.

Deleted
    I CAN'T HELP IT

10+ Year Old Account
    You may not, but blizzard does those things so.... nothing about what I said was wrong if you look at the last 6 expansions.
    Just like how people factor in the one expansion when it comes down to things that go horribly wrong (WoD), I'm going to factor in the one expansion where everything went right, and more importantly, different. So with that being said, going by the entirety of Legion, the past 6 expansions are nothing to go by and it's a safe assumption to say that the next expansion will be out in under a year from now.

Just like how people factor in the one expansion when it comes down to things that go horribly wrong (WoD), I'm going to factor in the one expansion where everything went right, and more importantly, different. So with that being said, going by the entirety of Legion, the past 6 expansions are nothing to go by and it's a safe assumption to say that the next expansion will be out in under a year from now.
    So if we go by Legion only then that's 9 months of Alpha/Beta, one of the longest "public" ones. The next major Con for them to even showcase it at is what... Pax in April? E3 in June? and Blizz doesn't even really do E3.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-01 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So if we go by Legion only then that's 9 months of Alpha/Beta, one of the longest "public" ones. The next major Con for them to even showcase it at is what... Pax in April? E3 in June? and Blizz doesn't even really do E3.
    what ?

Dont tell me how to live my life, whisper me your address right now and we will settle this like men
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Legion had the same development as every other expansion, it has nothing to do with stuff going wrong. Last tier > announcement > beta > release. Every single one of them was a year.