Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Brox fought valiantly against Varo'then, also survived from the whole detachment on the pass of Hyjal. For this he is so high, and not for the magic ax.
    First off, you know zero details about

But even with the power of Goldrin, Varian was killed by simple demon meat.
    Actually he was stopped by a horde of demons, but Gul'dan actually killed him. He knew it was a fight he wasn't going to win... that's why it's called a sacrifice. Regardless, you do understand that strength or skill in battle is not a binary condition right? By your "rules", one thing beating another means it's stronger, period, but that's not how combat works.

Under your stipulations, Varian killed a Fel Reaver, which would imply that he is stronger than a Fel Reaver. Yet he was defeated by "demon meat" Fel Guards, which would imply that the Fel Guards are stronger than a he is. By that logic, you would assume that Fel Guards are stronger than a Fel Reaver... which also isn't true, because circumstance plays a large role in winning or losing.

Half of your basis of ranking is based on arbitrary and unknowable decisions on who would beat who if they fought uninterrupted, but you really have no way of knowing how that would play out. Varo'then didn't beat Broxigar, their duel was interrupted. Certainly Varo'then had the advantage of speed, but Broxigar was physically stronger and more experienced.

The other half of your reasoning is based on conjecture and assumption - "Broxigar survived a battle against demons so he must be strong, Varian died in battle against demons so he must be weak", which is an absolute failure of logic. Hate to break it to you but a lot of the characters on that list survived battles, and others lost them. Doomhammer was killed by a random pikeman at an interment camp, does that mean that pikeman is a "greater Warrior" than Doomhammer? I'd think not. Arbitrarily deciding that the result of one battle or another is more important or "makes a Warrior" more so than another is conjecture by definition.

Magic Axe or not, Broxigar is the most ballerific warrior ever. No other warrior can claim this legacy:

At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived on Argus, homeworld of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a mountain of their corpses — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life.

That's the most warriorish thing to have ever happened.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    First off, you know zero details about

Actually he was stopped by a horde of demons, but Gul'dan actually killed him. He knew it was a fight he wasn't going to win... that's why it's called a sacrifice. Regardless, you do understand that strength or skill in battle is not a binary condition right? By your "rules", one thing beating another means it's stronger, period, but that's not how combat works.

Under your stipulations, Varian killed a Fel Reaver, which would imply that he is stronger than a Fel Reaver. Yet he was defeated by "demon meat" Fel Guards, which would imply that the Fel Guards are stronger than a he is. By that logic, you would assume that Fel Guards are stronger than a Fel Reaver... which also isn't true, because circumstance plays a large role in winning or losing.

Half of your basis of ranking is based on arbitrary and unknowable decisions on who would beat who if they fought uninterrupted, but you really have no way of knowing how that would play out. Varo'then didn't beat Broxigar, their duel was interrupted. Certainly Varo'then had the advantage of speed, but Broxigar was physically stronger and more experienced.

The other half of your reasoning is based on conjecture and assumption - "Broxigar survived a battle against demons so he must be strong, Varian died in battle against demons so he must be weak", which is an absolute failure of logic. Hate to break it to you but a lot of the characters on that list survived battles, and others lost them. Doomhammer was killed by a random pikeman at an interment camp, does that mean that pikeman is a "greater Warrior" than Doomhammer? I'd think not. Arbitrarily deciding that the result of one battle or another is more important or "makes a Warrior" more so than another is conjecture by definition.
    Read the trilogy of the ancient war before reproaching me for the knowledge of history. Broxigar fought against Varo'then and, almost on equal terms with him, fought until Illidan's spell began to slow down the orc.Although the orc was ten times stronger than the elf, his speed did not even allow him to hit the elf, even with a magic ax that had no weight. If I do not have information about this character, then you do not know your name .

In Cinematics, with the exception of Felbot, I counted 5 demons of which Varian was able to kill. This is not a horde of demons. Even Brox did not kill hordes of demons as many write, there was only a pile of demons. I believe that Kargath as a warrior is more artful than Varian due to more wild conditions in arena ogres.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Magic Axe or not, Broxigar is the most ballerific warrior ever. No other warrior can claim this legacy:

At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived on Argus, homeworld of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a mountain of their corpses — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life.

That's the most warriorish thing to have ever happened.
    The whirlwind of emptiness is not equal to Argus. Argus is a planet. A vortex is far beyond Argus. Argus was not mentioned in the ancient war.Argus is not the native world of the Burning Legion. It will rather be Mardum-prison of demons, but not Argus.
    Last edited by funcik; 2017-11-01 at 07:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Varok saurfang in 10? behind Muradin? serious?

Also Broxxigar is the beast Warrior by far, even old as fuck he managed to kill so much demons that they made a mountain of corpses high enough to take Sargeras attention and would him

People like to despise his achievement and talk shit just because he had a magic weapon, which was basically made to not break and lose the sharpness, But hey, lets suck Vrian's dick when he has the power of a wild god to make him stronger way more than a magic weapon and still managed to get his ass kicked by Garrosh 2 times and die to random demons

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Varok saurfang in 10? behind Muradin? serious?

Also Broxxigar is the beast Warrior by far, even old as fuck he managed to kill so much demons that they made a mountain of corpses high enough to take Sargeras attention and would him

People like to despise his achievement and talk shit just because he had a magic weapon, which was basically made to not break and lose the sharpness, But hey, lets suck Vrian's dick when he has the power of a wild god to make him stronger way more than a magic weapon and still managed to get his ass kicked by Garrosh 2 times and die to random demons
    Brox was inferior to Varoten at a speed that gave the elf an advantage. In fact, the orc lost this duel, and even if Illidan's spell did not work, Brock would most likely be stabbed in a series of receptions from Varo'then.
    Give me an example of fighting skills in Varok. Yes, he is a good commander, but as a warrior, he did not kill someone strong or famous character.
    Last edited by funcik; 2017-11-01 at 03:18 PM.

Give me an example of fighting skills in Varok. Yes, he is a good commander, but as a warrior, he did not kill someone strong or famous.
    Varok literally cleaved his way through Qiraji armies. He was appointed the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. He was also Doomhammer's second in command. You don't get those positions by being JUST a good commander. Your logic of a warriors greatness is measured by killing someone "strong or famous" is not just flawed, but childish in thought. My warrior has slain how many big baddies? Clearly he's the strongest in the WoWverse.

The Super Saurfang Bros. are the epitome of Warrior.

Oh, and he cleaves down entire raids of alliance.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2017-11-01 at 03:22 PM.
    Priest Warrior

Varok literally cleaved his way through Qiraji armies. He was appointed the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. He was also Doomhammer's second in command. You don't get those positions by being JUST a good commander. Your logic of a warriors greatness is measured by killing someone "strong or famous" is not just flawed, but childish in thought. My warrior has slain how many big baddies? Clearly he's the strongest in the WoWverse.

The Super Saurfang Bros. are the epitome of Warrior.

Oh, and he cleaves down entire raids of alliance.
    And still name at least someone ....

And still name at least someone ....
    Maybe you should put more effort into your own list before you go on requiring others to support their picks.
    Priest Warrior

Maybe you should put more effort into your own list before you go on requiring others to support their picks.
    Varok is on the 10th place, only thanks to the fact that he is a military leader. He never demonstrated any high indices of the warrior's skill, unlike Garrosh, Cairne, Varian, Kargat and ....

Varok is on the 10th place, only thanks to the fact that he is a military leader. He never demonstrated any high indices of the warrior's skill, unlike Garrosh, Cairne, Varian, Kargat and ....
    Yup, he totally became one of the highest ranking leaders in multiple armies and factions where strength and combat skills are held in the highest regards, purely by being a good leader and most definitely not by being one of the best warriors.
    Priest Warrior

Yup, he totally became one of the highest ranking leaders in multiple armies and factions where strength and combat skills are held in the highest regards, purely by being a good leader and most definitely not by being one of the best warriors.
    and therefore he is in 10th place. If Grommash or Orgrim were alive, they would have been generals of the Horde.

Read the trilogy of the ancient war before reproaching me for the knowledge of history. Broxigar fought against Varo'then and, almost on equal terms with him, fought until Illidan's spell began to slow down the orc.Although the orc was ten times stronger than the elf, his speed did not even allow him to hit the elf, even with a magic ax that had no weight.
    I literally just said this - they fought a duel which was intervened. Brox also almost beheaded Varo, and they shared a few lines of dialogue about it. As always, you're drawing conjecture. To say one is better than the other, when they never even fought against each other on fair terms, is like claiming Thrall is a better fighter than Garrosh because he used the elements to win. It's simply not a fair comparison.

In Cinematics, with the exception of Felbot, I counted 5 demons of which Varian was able to kill. This is not a horde of demons. Even Brox did not kill hordes of demons as many write, there was only a pile of demons.
    He killed 5, was stopped by another 2 or 3, after jumping off an *airship*. Keep in mind that cinematics aren't equal to in-game terms. Yeah the player casually slays demons thousands at a time, but that'd be rather tedious to show in a cinematic wouldn't it? Regardless it has nothing to do with the point I made, in that drawing a simple comparison of A > B and B > X therefore A > X is not accurate in this situation.

I believe that Kargath as a warrior is more artful than Varian due to more wild conditions in arena ogres.
    Once again, this is conjecture.

We know very little about his life as a pitfighter under the ogres except that he went Orc-Sparticus, and that he returned to the pits in the AU, to die there for the entertainment of the Ogre's all over again. You simply have no basis to draw a comparison between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna go ahead and end here with this.

You really need to get over your stubbornness and assumptions. You're asking people for feedback, multiple people are pointing out the errors with them... and all you're doing is repeating your same flawed arguments.

If you want to have a discussion, then listen to what people are saying, rather than simply arguing with them. If you're not interested in hearing what anyone else has to say, and understanding why your flawed arguments are based on conjecture, go make a blog post or something, because there's no use talking about it on an open forum.

I literally just said this - they fought a duel which was intervened. Brox also almost beheaded Varo, and they shared a few lines of dialogue about it. As always, you're drawing conjecture. To say one is better than the other, when they never even fought against each other on fair terms, is like claiming Thrall is a better fighter than Garrosh because he used the elements to win. It's simply not a fair comparison.
    Varo'then and Brox fought on equal terms before the Illidan spell. And before the spell began, Varo'then 2 times dodged Brox's ax . So you can not say that the fight was an equal. Varo'then had an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Broxigar should be up higher. He actually made Sargeras bleed.
    No he didn’t, the axe did.

Once again, this is conjecture.

We know very little about his life as a pitfighter under the ogres except that he went Orc-Sparticus, and that he returned to the pits in the AU, to die there for the entertainment of the Ogre's all over again. You simply have no basis to draw a comparison between the two.

- - - Updated - - -
    As a gladiator he is more artful, little is known about Varian as a gladiator, therefore Kargath is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

]

Gonna go ahead and end here with this.

You really need to get over your stubbornness and assumptions. You're asking people for feedback, multiple people are pointing out the errors with them... and all you're doing is repeating your same flawed arguments.

If you want to have a discussion, then listen to what people are saying, rather than simply arguing with them. If you're not interested in hearing what anyone else has to say, and understanding why your flawed arguments are based on conjecture, go make a blog post or something, because there's no use talking about it on an open forum.
    You also did not give me an argument that Varian would be able to defeat the former gladiator in the duel of 1x1. Apparently Varian is your favorite hero, since you are so zealously and trying to prove to me that they can not be compared, but I compared them. You did not like the rating past, did not like this rating, good luck.

Varo'then and Brox fought on equal terms before the Illidan spell. And before the spell began, Varo'then 2 times dodged Brox's ax . So you can not say that the fight was an equal. Varo'then had an advantage.
    Which is what I said, three times, specifically that the fight wasn't fair, so it can't be used as a comparison of the two fighters! So why are you using it as a pretext for saying that Varo'then is > Brox?!

It's like talking to a damn wall.

- - - Updated - - -

As a gladiator he is more artful, little is known about Varian as a gladiator, therefore Kargath is higher.
    You mean except the entire comic run about Varian's backstory?

This is again conjecture. Do you even know what the word means? You have nothing to base the assumption that Kargath is "more artful" off of, nor is it an expression of prowess in the first place.

You also did not give me an argument that Varian would be able to defeat the former gladiator in the duel of 1x1. Apparently Varian is your favorite hero, since you are so zealously and trying to prove to me that they can not be compared, but I compared them. You did not like the rating past, did not like this rating, good luck.
    No, I didn't give you an argument that Varian would beat him, for good reason. It's an impossible comparison because we have little to base the hypothetical on. Your ratings aren't based on anything but conjecture and assumption, using completely made up analysis like "kargath is more artful".

I did not make any list, because I'm not dumb enough to assume that I can rank characters in absolute terms when there's very little basis to draw comparison of.

Several of these characters aren't warriors at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varo'then 2 times dodged Brox's ax . So you can not say that the fight was an equal. Varo'then had an advantage.
    Meaningless. How many times are slashes and thrusts parried in a prolonged duel? Countless. Parrying or dodging those attacks doesn't mean you're a stronger or better fighter, it just means that you can avoid getting hit.

Two dodges are as meaningless as two nicks on the arm. They don't demonstrate anything about who is the better fighter.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    No he didn’t, the axe did.
    Well you say that, but in the description here he wounds Sargeras, it is stated as impossible. Sure the axe might have helped him, but if you had the attention of Sargeras personally he could destroy most beings before they even had an attempt at swinging at him. Also just having an axe doesn't immediately make you a beast of a warrior, it also requires the wielder to be skilled enough to use it for great effect. Also having Cenarius gift him an axe is surely a sign of a great warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremin View Post
    Well you say that, but in the description here he wounds Sargeras, it is stated as impossible. Sure the axe might have helped him, but if you had the attention of Sargeras personally he could destroy most beings before they even had an attempt at swinging at him. Also just having an axe doesn't immediately make you a beast of a warrior, it also requires the wielder to be skilled enough to use it for great effect. Also having Cenarius gift him an axe is surely a sign of a great warrior.
    None of that means anything. I really doubt Sargeras took him seriously at all. Any of these great warriors could have wounded him with that axe. Of course Broxigar was skilled but skill isn’t what allowed to him to wound Sargeras. If everything was the same but he had a standard orc made axe, you really think he would have wounded him?