Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    more like a cult
    I agree with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure we already knew Spacey was gay. Like, very gay.
    Because House of Cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Because House of Cards!
    Come on, Underwood's relationship with Meechum(?) was totally legit.

But really, we knew Spacey was gay long before that.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I also wonder why the TV show wouldn't be able to continue even if Spacey turns out to be a 'bad man' in real life. Even if every part of the story is true there is no way he can be convicted anymore since the crime is way too old to prosecute. And even if he was prosecuted, pushing someone on a bed and moving yourself ontop of him without any form of undressing/actual sexual acts is surely not 'big' enough to send someone to jail. I don't see any scenario where he wouldn't be free to work as an actor. Tbh it would only help his role, knowing he IS a bad man instead of PLAYING a bad man.

There are many 'bad' people in this world, why on earth should they not be allowed to work? Why is it taboo in society that 'bad' people have to earn a living? It's not logical at all. What else are they supposed to do? We don't have to be irl friends in order to enjoy someones acting right? In a professional setting I believe he should totally be able to continue his job.
    Last edited by willemh; 2017-11-01 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Go back and reread what i wrote. "if it happened", meaning i dont know if it did or not. im not passing blame or judgement. Merely offered my opinion IF he did it.

- - - Updated - - -

People who watch too much TV, and have their opinions handed to them through it.
    It's a good thing you don't go out of your way to deflect for Trump then, because that would say a great deal about you, wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this Kevin Spacey disaster is getting out of control, perhaps even President Trump needs to step in to rectify this whole thing
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    There are many 'bad' people in this world, why on earth should they not be allowed to work? Why is it taboo in society that 'bad' people have to earn a living? It's not logical at all. What else are they supposed to do? We don't have to be irl friends in order to enjoy someones acting right? In a professional setting I believe he should totally be able to continue his job.
    He can continue his job, but his finances have been pulled by the platform on which it's shown.

It also sucks for Robin Wright, Neve Campbell, and all of the other talent on the show.

I'd give him a job, though, just not one that involves a PR presence for now.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He can continue his job, but his finances have been pulled by the platform on which it's shown.

It also sucks for Robin Wright, Neve Campbell, and all of the other talent on the show.

I'd give him a job, though, just not one that involves a PR presence for now.
    Doesn't acting always involve a PR presence? I believe a society is better off if people that made a misstep can just continue their lives after our justice system has punished them based on our law. Criminalizing people for life for a single misstep doesn't help anyone, it only stops these people from ever properly functioning in society again which only leads to more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Doesn't acting always involve a PR presence? I believe a society is better off if people that made a misstep can just continue their lives after our justice system has punished them based on our law. Criminalizing people for life for a single misstep doesn't help anyone, it only stops these people from ever properly functioning in society again which only leads to more problems.
    Yes, I said I'd hire him. Not as an actor.

I can't remember what I did past 7ish o'clock the other night, just know I woke up on the couch (instead of either girls bed ) and there weren't any stories or messes. Though, one was much more friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

at least he apoligized, and it's hard to remember every teen you abused when you've done that 200 times.
    hit & run posting lol

A man has said he was left traumatised after waking up to find Hollywood star Kevin Spacey lying on him when he was a teenager in the 1980s.
    The man told Victoria Derbyshire Spacey invited him to spend the weekend in New York but it became clear he was interested in "a way I wasn't".
    He said Spacey asked him to share his bed, but he slept on the sofa and woke up with the actor's arms around him.
    like i said, it takes so much courage to come forth against these hollywood elites. but the pedo is facing insurmountable evidence and hopefully the pedo apologists in this thread feel shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why are older people drawn to the young, like below legal age? Aside from it being immoral, it be like going after unripened fruit in a supermarket, and saying you prefer it before it ripens.

I know some people have weird fetishes, but this ones always been a head scratcher, why would anyone want to sleep with something undeveloped, inexperienced, chance of being arrested and messing with said persons mental state.
    idk about ALL men, but the in novel Lolita the psychology behind the guy made some sense. It had to do with a childhood love and sexual experience that was interrupted and went ultimatly unfulfilled due to her premature death. Eventually turning into an obsession with young teen girls as he continually tried to relive a sexual relationship he could never actually have.

I'm sure there's a lot of other reasons that surround youthful innocence, inexperience, personal ego...and a whole lot of delusion. Oh and of course pure, unexplainable, mental disease. It probably really runs the gambit. Like, think of the joy some adults get being able to teach kids how to ride their first bicycle...now twist and pervert it and apply that to sex. Or some adults that...never really seem to realize they actually are adults now, however responsible they may seem on the outside...their internal mental image of their physical self is stuck at 18.

These are just thoughts though, don't take my word for it lol. All the rationalization can really only apply to the "young adult" ages, pretty sure any sexual interest for under like...14, is purely severe mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Rapists should be punished. why punish a pedophile that has his/her urges under control?
    Of course there should only be punishment if respective actions were conducted.

I cannot believe people are falling for the deflection. John Ward did a video on this which pretty much sums up everything people should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Go back and reread what i wrote. "if it happened", meaning i dont know if it did or not. im not passing blame or judgement. Merely offered my opinion IF he did it.
    And how can you prove a sexual abuse from 30 years ago, Einstein? How can anyone determine, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Kevin Spacey did anything to anyone 30 years ago? Should we believe the "victim" and throw him in prison? Now if there were like 50 of them, that's another story. You know what I found interesting, that the victim is gay. And you know what I think? That he wanted it and he liked it. Yes, it's against the law, being a minor, but it's not really about a crime, it's about a young boy doing sexual shit.

Also you know what's best for a mediocre actor? To get this huge attention for being "raped" by one of the best actors. Oh, poor guy, let's give him some roles, he's been suffering for 30 years. Hey, have you seen the latest movie, with that actor that was fucked in the ass by Kevin Spacey 30 years ago?

Fuck this "I was raped by a famous dude 30 years ago and my life was destroyed omg omg omg" shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    And you know what I think? That he wanted it and he liked it.
    Ugh, yikes-y-daisy at that train of thought!

10+ Year Old Account
    And how can you prove a sexual abuse from 30 years ago, Einstein? How can anyone determine, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Kevin Spacey did anything to anyone 30 years ago? Should we believe the "victim" and throw him in prison? Now if there were like 50 of them, that's another story. You know what I found interesting, that the victim is gay. And you know what I think? That he wanted it and he liked it. Yes, it's against the law, being a minor, but it's not really about a crime, it's about a young boy doing sexual shit.
    as to the highlighted/bolded text above: Yes, it is about breaking the law, like it or not. Mr Spacey was an adult, knew what he was doing and broke the law, regardless of whether or not Mr. Rapp "wanted it"...controlling urges and doing what is right, not what we 'feel like' is part of being a responsible adult in Society. if you don't want to play by the rules, then you have to be dealt with by the authorities.

Also you know what's best for a mediocre actor? To get this huge attention for being "raped" by one of the best actors. Oh, poor guy, let's give him some roles, he's been suffering for 30 years. Hey, have you seen the latest movie, with that actor that was fucked in the ass by Kevin Spacey 30 years ago?

Fuck this "I was raped by a famous dude 30 years ago and my life was destroyed omg omg omg" shit
    I tend to agree with this statement bolded here, but I'm going to have to wait this one out and see who else, if anyone, comes forward.

As a Psychology minor (this by no means makes me an expert, just slightly more informed) in college, i have come across some textbook situations similar to this and tend to think this is more of a Paraphilia situation than it is a Pedophillia case. I ONLY base this on there being one allegation (Mr. Rapp) against Mr. Spacey. If others come forward and the conditions in those cases are similar, then i will change my mind.

People are by nature curious and deviant. I would assume, never being an actor or famous in Hollywood, that there are social pressures and situations that these people are placed in that are neither common or available to the average Joe/Jane. having said this, the pressures to conform/fit in are presumably immense and palpable, and would cause one to do things outside the norm of their patterned behavioral model.

I am in NO WAY offering excuses for this behavior, as it is reprehensible at even a basic level and should be punished, or at least addressed and treated, but i hope to offer a perspective as to why this might have happened.

This is a giant mess either way, and will resonate for some time. Also, just the beginning folks as there are already others in Hollyweird getting accused of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    as to the highlighted/bolded text above: Yes, it is about breaking the law, like it or not. Mr Spacey was an adult, knew what he was doing and broke the law, regardless of whether or not Mr. Rapp "wanted it"...controlling urges and doing what is right, not what we 'feel like' is part of being a responsible adult in Society. if you don't want to play by the rules, then you have to be dealt with by the authorities.

I tend to agree with this statement bolded here, but I'm going to have to wait this one out and see who else, if anyone, comes forward.

As a Psychology minor (this by no means makes me an expert, just slightly more informed) in college, i have come across some textbook situations similar to this and tend to think this is more of a Paraphilia situation than it is a Pedophillia case. I ONLY base this on there being one allegation (Mr. Rapp) against Mr. Spacey. If others come forward and the conditions in those cases are similar, then i will change my mind.

People are by nature curious and deviant. I would assume, never being an actor or famous in Hollywood, that there are social pressures and situations that these people are placed in that are neither common or available to the average Joe/Jane. having said this, the pressures to conform/fit in are presumably immense and palpable, and would cause one to do things outside the norm of their patterned behavioral model.

I am in NO WAY offering excuses for this behavior, as it is reprehensible at even a basic level and should be punished, or at least addressed and treated, but i hope to offer a perspective as to why this might have happened.

This is a giant mess either way, and will resonate for some time. Also, just the beginning folks as there are already others in Hollyweird getting accused of things.
    Yeah having a psychology minor doesn't make you qualified to make that assessment, lol. I have an MA in psychology and don't feel qualified making that sort of assessment. It's also unethical to diagnose/label over the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hmm, didn't expect this from Spacey. Ohh well, I'll still enjoy the series / movies he's in. He's a good actor, nobody can take that away from him.