I want new intro of races

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly, though. The fact that that zone got the boot should say a lot about next expansion. Since it likely was a shift from a Naga-heavy mid (or final) tier to going 200% Legion and dealing with Sargeras.

Wouldn't amaze me if Blizz's plan going into Legion was for this to be the Azshara expansion, with us killing her on Thal'dranath, and then going to Argus for 8.0.

Also wouldn't amaze me if those roles got switched when the devs realized they didn't really have a plan for Argus.
    Didn't the "new list"/RotL post mention Thal'Dranath being Troll/Thunder King related?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Right. So I think the Night Elf/Silver Covenant thing might be foreshadowing the same way the Nightborne/Blood Elf connection is, which is driven pretty unsubtly after 7.1.

Silver Covenant working with Night Elves would be a logical progression from the "we're alright with Highborne" with that stemmed from Cata.
    Indeed. It also makes sense from a gameplay point of view to allign things this way because the Horde gets allies that resemble night elves as closely as possible, whereas the Alliance gets high elves, but we still have to see about that.

I'm not too sure about the whole void thing though. It is one thing to accept Highborne mages, but it is an entirely different thing to accept a group using the void.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    hy would they waste time and revisit it again when they could just introduce Legion scaling and make it so people can actually see the zones instead of getting through two questlines and then hopping to a different area?
    Because they can do a better job now. And some zones really need a revamp at the very least to solve all the time travel issues.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this entire current argument is absolutely irrelevant, because it was already revisited in 2010. Why would they waste time and revisit it again when they could just introduce Legion scaling and make it so people can actually see the zones instead of getting through two questlines and then hopping to a different area?
    It's worth noting that 2010 is longer around from now, than 2004 was from 2010. And frankly, having played through a lot of Old World stuff lately, a lot of it does look kinda cheap/ancient, compared to more recent zones. Another problem is that in Vanilla, most of the zones were kind of timeless. I mean, technically 4 years after TFT, but basically they had a general sense of having been like that for a while. Then Cataclysm came and turned many zone stories into "OMG CATACLYSM LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED YESTERDAY SAVE US!", which really seems bizarre at this point.

I don't buy a full all-world revamp though. They'll most likely revamp it one bit at a time.

Slapping optional/limited scaling on everything would certainly be an improvement and they may do that world-wide.

I said mostly untouched.

And this entire current argument is absolutely irrelevant, because it was already revisited in 2010. Why would they waste time and revisit it again when they could just introduce Legion scaling and make it so people can actually see the zones instead of getting through two questlines and then hopping to a different area?
    1. Because the "leveling content" from 1-60 is now older than it was when they first revamped it with Cata.
    2. Because the timeline is completely broken and that's bad for any player, new or old.
    3. Because if they introduce subraces, they'll need to adjust the story.
    4. Because with scaling and WQ they could make Kalimdor and EK relevant to high level players with high-level rewards. You can't do that without a revamp because the zones are ALL about Cataclysm, so again, there is a huge problem with the timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Because they can do a better job now. And some zones really need a revamp at the very least to solve all the time travel issues.
    Yes, they can do a better job. Doesn't mean that they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's not what I was told, so unless you have a source I don't see that as "incorrect". But if you do have a source, great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    T20 was always going to be Tomb of Sargeras (and by extension, Broken Shore).
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Lest I'm mistaken Thal'dranath was canned to instead give us Argus.

The tier is irrelevant, we know that that zone was replaced by Argus.
    According to what I've heard from a few different people Thal'Dranath was supposed to be the zone where ToS was and Broken Shore was never meant to exist in the first place. Maybe I'm completely off base here but that's just what I've heard from a few people while prowling through forums. No official Blizzard source of course but that's just what I was told. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I don't think I am. If Thal'Dranath was meant to replace Argus then that would've been a huge fundamental change in the overall story arc of Legion which I don't think is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Not much of a stretch just give naga a temp name in the files that matches their description so they dont get leaked early. After all the were corrupted by Nzoth which means they are VOID elves
    The data mined char files already have a listing for Naga.

Why the hell would they make a separate entry with a red herring name?

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    No. Someone like you wanted to act cool and 'prove' the logo fake. So he/she made a shit screenshot with the logo in it and then admitted the screenshot was fake. He/she did not admit to creating the logo, or a separate screenshot which was also posted (and which looked a lot better than the other one).

All we have here are a logo and a screenshot of a website. Both are up in the air; could be fake, could be legit.
    Yeah, so they made a fake of a fake. But what does it matter, *whispered further* it's faaaaaake. bless your naivety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's worth noting that 2010 is longer around from now, than 2004 was from 2010. And frankly, having played through a lot of Old World stuff lately, a lot of it does look kinda cheap/ancient, compared to more recent zones. Another problem is that in Vanilla, most of the zones were kind of timeless. I mean, technically 4 years after TFT, but basically they had a general sense of having been like that for a while. Then Cataclysm came and turned many zone stories into "OMG CATACLYSM LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED YESTERDAY SAVE US!", which really seems bizarre at this point.

I don't buy a full all-world revamp though. They'll most likely revamp it one bit at a time.

Slapping optional/limited scaling on everything would certainly be an improvement and they may do that world-wide.
    They maybe update the zones to fit the current timeline, but I don't expect anything major. Cataclysm was too much of trauma for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You're late there homie, they're a race, not a class.
    Wasn't that only because they have a racial character creation background from the Nightelves? Idk ofc, but I'd not rule it out just yet. Even though I like my second theory more anyway ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    . Plus, both hate blood elves, so there's at least some common ground.
    Reminds me of how me and a guildie became besties after hating each other for a long time. We found out that we hated another guy in our guild more
    (He spammed soundclips on TS during raids and was generally a giant twat)

It was like that movie "Step Brothers"

"Did we just become best friends!?"

Our Guild Leader was amazed. And didn't if he should be happy that me and Bestie patched up or thay we actually became friends because of our mutual hatred for another human being.

7+ Year Old Account
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    1. Because the "leveling content" from 1-60 is now older than it was when they first revamped it with Cata.
    2. Because the timeline is completely broken and that's bad for any player, new or old.
    3. Because if they introduce subraces, they'll need to adjust the story.
    4. Because with scaling and WQ they could make Kalimdor and EK relevant to high level players with high-level rewards. You can't do that without a revamp because the zones are ALL about Cataclysm, so again, there is a huge problem with the timeline.
    I think I'll take new starting subzones for potential subraces and an entire new continent rather than an entire revamped world from 2004 that would also ignore revamping Outland, Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

If they revamp the old world, I hope they do it right this time, and make more end game zones out of some of the old ones. There are A LOT of levelling zones that just don't need to be there anymore. It made sense with the old levelling curve but now... something needs to be done because nothing is more annoying than questing in games where you out level the area you are supposed to be in. This was a huge problem with The Elder Scrolls Online, now, not so much due to level scaling.

Deleted
    Yes, they can do a better job. Doesn't mean that they should.
    Sure they could leave the leveling the way it is now where most people wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole and just slap level scaling on it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't the "new list"/RotL post mention Thal'Dranath being Troll/Thunder King related?
    Blizz said it was just "more Elven ruins" when they were talking about scrapping it in favor of something "you'll love a lot more."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think I'll take new starting subzones for potential subraces and an entire new continent rather than an entire revamped world from 2004 that would also ignore revamping Outland, Northrend.
    Don't get me wrong: I'd love an Outland and Northrend revamp as well.