View Poll Results: Would you buy a Lifetime Sub if Blizzard offered one for WoW?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • Yes

98 46.01%
  • No

63 29.58%
  • Maybe/I don't know.

52 24.41%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If Blizzard were to add a "Lifetime Sub" for WoW, would you consider it?

I've had this idea floating in my head for years, after seeing Turbine offer it for LotR online (and also the idea once again floated around when there was the Annual Pass from Mists) but never really thought it would bring much of a discussion until now when I just decided "to hell with it" and post it anyway, mainly to give a break in between "Expansion Leaks" that seemed to have permeated General Discussion as of late.

So, would you consider buying into a "Lifetime Pass" for WoW? The price would be kinda "steep", if they were to do so. What restrictions would have added to it? Obviously it would be on an individual account basis (people who have multiple accounts will have to buy multiple Lifetime Subs if they saw fit). Would you have it limited to be only available for people who have had a total sub time of at least 3 years (not 3 years straight active, but 3 years of TOTAL sub time) or be available right out of the gate for everyone?

What would you believe the Pros and Cons would be for this option to be available?

Edit:
    Since there's a general consensus that $200-300 is a bit on the low side, and some people are seeing that price and seem to rather respond to that than the purpose of the thread (I have to tend to agree, after more thought, that that price is too low) what would you find to a fair price for this option? $500+?
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2017-11-01 at 09:46 PM.

Probably wouldn't, I've been paying Blizz too much money throughout the years. I like their games, but they are extremely greedy.

They should reward people who have subbed for years.

I'd consider it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Probably wouldn't, I've been paying Blizz too much money throughout the years. I like their games, but they are extremely greedy.

You mean, like the statue they sent me for subbing since Vanilla?

Yes, absolutely I would pay for a "lifetime" sub.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    It would has to depend on the benefits of "Liftetime Sub" would bring to me. I mean, we are paying $15 or so per month, that money goes to Blizzard's development team to develop things, to pay employees to make things for us, to run the game, maintain the server, so on and provide fresh content once in while (patches) and more.

Because we get all of this great content, we are willing to pull our pants up and pay for the sub. So if there is a 'lifetime sub', it needs to give benefits. Otherwise nobody will want it because the price alone, wouldn't justify just for things I mentioned above.

The pros of it will need to be overwhelmingly advantageous compared to regular sub. So I don't see it happening in WoW, but if the pros was good enough and I have money, I would consider and might even do it since I love WoW.

I already pay 180 a year, what's a little extra to never pay again

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have to be way more than $300, no doubt. A single year is already over $200 with taxes. If they offered it, it would probably be more like 1k.

I'd consider it for sure. Would depend on the specifics, and price of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I already pay 180 a year, what's a little extra to never pay again
    Pretty much my stance as well. If they guarantee at least one more xpac at the time of the offer, i'd take it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    I've had this idea floating in my head for years, after seeing Turbine offer it for LotR online (and also the idea once again floated around when there was the Annual Pass from Mists) but never really thought it would bring much of a discussion until now when I just decided "to hell with it" and post it anyway, mainly to give a break in between "Expansion Leaks" that seemed to have permeated General Discussion as of late.

So, would you consider buying into a "Lifetime Pass" for WoW? The price would be kinda "steep", I'm thinking like between $200-300 total for it. What restrictions would have added to it? Obviously it would be on an individual account basis (people who have multiple accounts will have to buy multiple Lifetime Subs if they saw fit). Would you have it limited to be only available for people who have had a total sub time of at least 3 years (not 3 years straight active, but 3 years of TOTAL sub time) or be available right out of the gate for everyone?

What would you believe the Pros and Cons would be for this option to be available?
    Blizz would lose money. There is a reason Turbine stopped doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would buy it, but I don't think they'll do it. I think the yearly pass is already like $200USD isn't it? And a lifetime pass is essentially just not a subscription. It's also better economically for them not to.

I'd buy a lifetime sub for whatever I could afford because I can see myself playing for at least 3 more years.

10+ Year Old Account
    In LotRO you have multiple options to pay and play. The Lifetime Sub was offered before launch and people who paid for it, have almost everything in the game for no extra costs for ever, meaning as long as the game is online. Then there is the monthly sub-option (called VIP), the 'Premium'-option to buy stuff in the shop (points, questpacks etc.) for money and get some extra ingame stuff through that or to play for free and grind the shop-points to buy stuff.

I don't know, if that makes sense for WoW, since the game is already 'old' and has no free-to-play-options. If it means, you can play without paying monthly sub after the amount of money is spent, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Blizz would lose money. There is a reason Turbine stopped doing it.
    The offer lasted only until LotRO launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post

How about totally free bronze warg rider warcraft sculpture, collectors grade? For free. Unannounced.

https://www.ebay.com/i/262101485695?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Nope. Games companies and their cash-grab "pre-order/season pass" bullshit is already frustrating and disgusting.

Plus, Activision owns Blizzard now, so this would be a BAD IDEA. They'd turn the game into a MOBA after they got your money and call it "next-gen Warcraft!!"

Maybe back in Vanilla, but not on the seventh expansion where interest in the game is clearly tapering off.
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard.

Nah, I never know when I bust a fuse and decide to quit for a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider it sure. Not sure if I would do it unless the cost and benefits were good.
    I tend to burn out fast on WOW now, so I take lots of breaks nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. . . . WoW blows hard now. I wouldn't buy a life time sub, even it if was 5 dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great as part of some sort of contest prize.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    In LotRO you have multiple options to pay and play. The Lifetime Sub was offered before launch and people who paid for it, have almost everything in the game for no extra costs for ever, meaning as long as the game is online. Then there is the monthly sub-option (called VIP), the 'Premium'-option to buy stuff in the shop (points, questpacks etc.) for money and get some extra ingame stuff through that or to play for free and grind the shop-points to buy stuff.

I don't know, if that makes sense for WoW, since the game is already 'old' and has no free-to-play-options. If it means, you can play without paying monthly sub after the amount of money is spent, then why not?

The offer lasted only until LotRO launched.
    Yeah, DDO started doing it that way as well, well sans the lifetime sub.

I guess they could have a limited time on when you can get the Lifetime pass, like say, during the Blizzcon convention, or a set twice a year type of thing. That way if people miss out, then there would be a chance the next year to take part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Pics of this statue with the accompanying letter of authenticity or it didn't happen. Just saying, hundreds of thousands of original Vanilla subscribers are still subbed (me, for example) and you're the first person I've ever heard mention a statue. I call b/s.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, well, they made a deal with them at some point. Dance with the devil kind of thing.
    The statue was given out to people who were subbed from day one and STAY SUBBED with no breaks in their subscription at all, the entire time the statue was given out.

15+ Year Old Account
    13 years ago maybe but not now.
    Loser since Feb. 05'