Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, I get this vague impression that Locus-Walker and the Shadowguard were actually old buddies at one point, who had their disagreements as to methodology yet still retain more or less similar goals. The creation of Void Broken to find those capable of wielding it seems like a deliberate choice on the Shadowguard's part. So if Locus-Walker found something interesting when handing Alleria weird shit for her to eat, he might think he's found himself the ideal race he needs for his purposes.

That's the best guess I have.
    It could be that Locus-Walker intends upon finding people willing to expose themselves to the Void, after finding proof in Alleria that High Elves are an ideal candidate, but the Shadowguard make use of deception to compel all of the HE's into exposure -- this would make for some interesting storylines, long-term. You might even be able to stretch playable Ethereals in there, somewhere, down the road.

Right. Currently, my main concern with "Void Elves" is the time scale. Is there enough time to give them a distinct identity and aesthetic which isn't just "Blood Elves who never realized red is the new blue"? It'd be interesting to see how they could manage that. While the Void Elf gear does have a noticeably Elvish look to it, it's not really all that Thelassian anymore. And it's not blue. Work would have to be done to build and sell the new identity.
    You know, if void elves are indeed a playable subrace (and not just sloppy copy pasting, which I consider more likely), I wouldn't expect them to come from the Silver Covenant or the Theramore survivors or any of the Queldorei lodges. High elves are already integral to the Alliance, and the game has never given a faction a race it already had. I suspect these would come from the Sons of Lothar. Sure, it looks like all draenei all the time now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a worgen DK and introduced a whole other group of farstriders who were totally there the whole time, guys. Weird nether time gives them license to claim their training/transformation/etc took however many centuries they see fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Those new elf models wear robes... are you sure those are player models? They seem more like npcs
    That's what a player model with every geoset turned on looks like. Robes, tabards, all the different hairstyles, belts, boots, gloves, and capes. Those are all geosets that deform the mesh of the base player model to change its shape.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Find any High Elf thread and you're guaranteed to see friendlyimmolation, zulkhan, and mehrunes here telling you why high elves won't happen, their opinions are facts, and how you're stupid. I really don't care if High Elves are playable other than I'd love to rub their nose in it. They have so much invested in other people not having something they don't want them (read as; need them) to have that it would just be hysterically funny.
    1. The claim that we're in all of these threads is a moronically hyperbolic lie and the fact that you have to resort to such nonsense in the very opening of your shitpost already speaks volumes about you.
    2. You're in plenty of those threads as well and your "contributions" are often just you whining about the people that make you feel victimized. Don't bring attention to how often your personal boogeymen post in a way that triggers you, when you also post in such threads often, in a much worse a manner.
    3. Telling that High Elves are very unlikely from our perspective is not the same as telling they won't happen.
    4. Do point out when have we stated our opinions to be facts. I can do so in regards to you with you trying to make Alleria a Ranger General in the past, so it seems only fair you should return the favor.
    5. I can't recall telling you that you're stupid. If being exposed as headcasecanon peddler that cannot even read their own sources or other people finding it questionable when you make a public spectacle (that somehow makes you win the argument in your head) out of ignoring people, then making irrelevant posts about those same people because they trigger your feeble sensibilities and cause you to suffer from a victim complex, that don't actually address anything said in the thread in order to further the discussion (you know, like this post) make you feel stupid, that's your problem. Deal with it on your own (not doing those things would be a good place to start) instead of projecting it on me.
    6. Some of your posting history makes it rather questionable that you don't care about High Elves.
    7. I have zero interest in what other players do or do not have. What I have interest in is people making arguments that have little basis from my perspective. Most of the arguments in favor of playable High Elves happen to fall under that category. You seem to comprehend the fact people find playable High Elves likely, yet that comprehension magically ends when it comes to people who find them unlikely (which is one of the questionable things mentioned in the point number five and makes your earlier hurrdurring about presenting opinions as facts rather ironic).
    8. Which part of that sentence is supposed to be read as "need them", exactly?
    9. You wanting something just to rub the noses of the people that trigger you isn't exactly much better than the behavior you accuse us of.

Damn, three lines of text and you managed to make it horseshit in (at least) nine different ways. I dread to think what an essay written by you would look like.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-10-29 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Those new elf models wear robes... are you sure those are player models? They seem more like npcs
    Unlike what some seem to believe, the armor model is part of the character model, they are not separate. Items just unhide "fragments" of the model

I always thought the Nightborne were the Dark Elves. With Void Elves, I guess I'll just have to see how they do the Voidy bits. Will some inspiration be taken from fullblown Void corruptions like the Pale Orcs? Who knows? But a creepy pale look would be nice.
    Well, the Nightborne do have a skin similar to Dark Elves, but their culture is essentially the Highborne one without much difference to begin with. Dark Elf (Drow) society is more about occult/dark stuff along with some wicked ways of life. You could say Naga fit that bill kinda, but I would want a healthier approach for Void Elves or whatever they might end up as.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Actually I do hope for High Elves to be a playable race in the Alliance in some capacity. I'd actually really enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Wows list of things people never said would happen is huge, a huge bunch of them actually implemented. Paladin/Shaman on both sides, Worgen, Panderen, a lot of the services like realm transfer etc just from the top of my head *shrug*
    It's just unnecessary and boring IMO, if people like it then fine I'm wrong.Also getting real tired of these topics just another shitstorm.
    And the theories are just bad I can't even read them till the end.

I'm leaving this here. Not sure if anyone has posted it before me.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=253233/...cast-transform

Almost confirms that the Void Elves will be like Alleria's Voidform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I'm leaving this here. Not sure if anyone has posted it before me.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=253233/...cast-transform

Almost confirms that the Void Elves will be like Alleria's Voidform.
    I don't know if that's really any confirmation of anything, per se. The Wretched model had a placeholder model name of "CrackElf" back in TBC - not really an indication of anything aside from a humorous description of their state. Bunny and unexposed spell names can really be anything, from the humorous to just hashes or jumbles of ID's.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

while I can get behind the idea of subraces as a toggle option to switch to a different set of customization options, this whole "void high elf" thing just sounds INCREDIBLY stupid. like, do you actually believe that """void high elf""" is going to be a playable race? void elf druid, void elf warrior? what the fuck? the whole void thing is going to be entirely cosmetical you believe? if anything, already existing elves who were involved in the plot of argus might somehow unlock that.
    I wouldnt be surprised if turalyon+alleria+her handful of rangers breeding into an entirely new civilization of level 1 elves is going be explained with argus time dilatation
    Last edited by Ericdaroude; 2017-11-01 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude View Post
    while I can get behind the idea of subraces as a toggle option to switch to a different set of customization options, this whole "void high elf" thing just sounds INCREDIBLY stupid. like, do you actually believe that """void high elf""" is going to be a playable race? void elf druid, void elf warrior? what the fuck? the whole void thing is going to be entirely cosmetical you believe? if anything, already existing elves who were involved in the plot of argus might somehow unlock that.
    I wouldnt be surprised if turalyon+alleria+her handful of rangers breeding into an entirely new civilization of level 1 elves is going be explained with argus time dilatation
    The only elf and human in the army of light for a thousand years were Alleria and Turaylon. Well Alleria was in it for only 500 years, but you get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know if that's really any confirmation of anything, per se. The Wretched model had a placeholder model name of "CrackElf" back in TBC - not really an indication of anything aside from a humorous description of their state. Bunny and unexposed spell names can really be anything, from the humorous to just hashes or jumbles of ID's.
    What I meant was that the fact that Alleria's transformation is called "Alleria Void Elf Cast Transform" kinda coincides with the recent Void Elf datamine and the Void Elf items datamined a few months ago.

We have no idea what this might end up as, however, we can easily assume they are most likely connected.

The quests in Mac'aree seem to imply that extensive one-on-one training has gone into making Alleria who she is today. She appears to be specifically chosen by Locus-Walker, judging by their student/mentor relationship. I doubt that void elves will ever be introduced without thorough and lore-heavy questlines to explain why every elf can suddenly be what it took Alleria a thousand years to achieve.

Not to mention all the other subraces this kind of storytelling and explanations would have to be added to. It just seems like an overwhelming amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    The quests in Mac'aree seem to imply that extensive one-on-one training has gone into making Alleria who she is today. She appears to be specifically chosen by Locus-Walker, judging by their student/mentor relationship. I doubt that void elves will ever be introduced without thorough and lore-heavy questlines to explain why every elf can suddenly be what it took Alleria a thousand years to achieve.

Not to mention all the other subraces this kind of storytelling and explanations would have to be added to. It just seems like an overwhelming amount of work.
    Or they could have a brief explanation like "In our time of need, Alleria trained the remaining High Elves into her art and therefore turned them into Void Elves".

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Or they could have a brief explanation like "In our time of need, Alleria trained the remaining High Elves into her art and therefore turned them into Void Elves".
    I guess it all depends on the hypothesized time skip. From what I've understood, she can barely control her abilities. But we're pretty much in the dark about this (heh). I was very confused about how quickly she went back to normal, without explanation, once I finished the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon. She does offer some dialog, but that feels like a quick fix in response to the oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I guess it all depends on the hypothesized time skip. From what I've understood, she can barely control her abilities. But we're pretty much in the dark about this (heh). I was very confused about how quickly she went back to normal, without explanation, once I finished the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon. She does offer some dialog, but that feels like a quick fix in response to the oversight.
    I think it is a bit reverse. If you talk to her after the questline, she claims that she can turn it on/off at will, therefore she has control over the power. On the contrary, I expect her High Elf followers to not be as familiar as she is, eventually having THEM permanently deformed by the Void.

So today is finally the day. After ten long years we might get what we always deserved.

Can't wait for the disappointed meltdowns in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Djem View Post
    Can't wait for the disappointed meltdowns in this thread
    I think you overestimate how hyped people are over this. The evidence to me is credible enough to reserve a name and try out a few tmogs and shit, but not so credible that I will get mad if it does not happen.