Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So.

Insanely.

Old.

Late 2017 sheep people like drama. Feed the machine.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can't stop it now, how will we live in a world of only 8 Fast and the Furious movies?

I think that was the second one aha.
    Toyko Drift was the 3rd one.

It's also the only movie franchise in history where the series actually got much better later in the series. Like seriously, 5 onwards absolutely blow away the first few. They basically said fuck the street racing, we're gonna bring in The Rock(and later, Jason Statham and Kurt Russell), and turn the series into a bunch of international superhero heist movies with massive over the top set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would you want it to end?
    Because at this point it is basically like if someone just made 55 avengers movies in a row. Its not that interesting, and you lose the touch with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Not watched F&F for the past 7 instalments...
    You missed the best ones then. Its like a live action cartoon now, I could of given 2 shits about the first 5, now its just gonzo action at its best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why do people like Jason Statham? I don't get it?

Why is Tyrese angry at the Rock?
    Well I still remember Statham when he did comedic rolls, and he will always have a soft spot for his roles in LS&2SB and Snatch.

And from what I gather he is upset at the Rock for being infinitely more famous than himself.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You missed the best ones then. Its like a live action cartoon now, I could of given 2 shits about the first 5, now its just gonzo action at its best.
    Actually, the gonzo action started in part 5, that was really the turning point of the series into full on comic book movie.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Because at this point it is basically like if someone just made 55 avengers movies in a row. Its not that interesting, and you lose the touch with it.
    Tell that to the box office revenue of the last 2.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jason Statham is essentially the definition of a typecast actor but if you go back in his career you'll see that he has some decent range. Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are great movies.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Actually, the gonzo action started in part 5, that was really the turning point of the series into full on comic book movie.
    Oh? Maybe I will go watch 5 then.

Tell that to the box office revenue of the last 2.
    Avengers or the F&F?

Toyko Drift was the 3rd one.
    Really? Fuck.

Guess I know even less F&F lore than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Avengers or the F&F?
    FnF, the last one made more than the first 3 combined. Are they GOOD movies, not really, but they are FUN movies. Good for blazing a spliff and laughing at the over the top shit they do. I think they jumped a car from one of the towers in Dubai to its sister tower, like 80 floors up, SO ridiculous, but its fun.

Oh? Maybe I will go watch 5 then.
    Yeah, 5 brought in the Rock for the first timeand later involved them dragging a giant safe full of millions of dollars through the streets of Brazil, being chased by the largest army of corrupt cops in history, whipping it around like a fucking flail to cause millions of dollars worth of property damage heh. Joaquim del Almeida is the villain, and is for all intents and purposes reprising his villain role from Desperado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right ok, but it's clear other people enjoy them so why would you even care if the series continues or not? I just never understood the mentality of "I personally don't enjoy this therefore it should not exist."

Yeah, 5 brought in the Rock for the first timeand later involved them dragging a giant safe full of millions of dollars through the streets of Brazil, being chased by the largest army of corrupt cops in history, whipping it around like a fucking flail to cause millions of dollars worth of property damage heh. Joaquim del Almeida is the villain, and is for all intents and purposes reprising his villain role from Desperado.
    Oh, yeh in that case will have to watch it. I'v only watched the latest 3, I think. And now Kurt Russel is in them? Like Come on, whats not to enjoy?

Right ok, but it's clear other people enjoy them so why would you even care if the series continues or not? I just never understood the mentality of "I personally don't enjoy this therefore it should not exist."
    Riiiiiight.

Riiiiiight.
    So in other words...you don't have an answer to his question? Cause I'd like to see it too. You personally don't like something, plenty of other people do. So because YOU don't like it, it shouldn't exist? Why can't you just, you know, not watch it if you don't like it?

I don't like Big Bang Theory. I don't like rap music. I don't like salmon. You know how I deal with those issues? I don't watch Big Bang Theory, I don't listen to rap music, and I don't eat salmon. Pretty fucking simple, mate. I don't have any need to wish them out of existence, cause they don't affect me in any way, other than seeing an occasional TV ad for BBT, hearing a rap song snippet when it shows up in a movie/ad I happen to see, or seeing salmon as an option on a restaurant menu.

The people that watch these movies don't really care too much if any about cast, plot or acting. Fast cars doing absurd things and a bunch of explosions is what those movies are about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Really? Fuck.

Guess I know even less F&F lore than I thought.
    They were released out of sequence too. Not knowing how popular or long they could keep milking these movies they shot a few that are out of sequence with the timeline of the story. I know Tokyo Drift is out of sequence I just don't recall where it should be. The only reason I know this is some ex employee that was a crazy fan of these never shut up about it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I think both the Fast franchise and Vin Diesel "ended" when Diesel started to become weird. He was cool in Pitch Black, though. At least we'll always have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

They were released out of sequence too. Not knowing how popular or long they could keep milking these movies they shot a few that are out of sequence with the timeline of the story. I know Tokyo Drift is out of sequence I just don't recall where it should be. The only reason I know this is some ex employee that was a crazy fan of these never shut up about it.
    I kinda feel like it wasn't so much a matter of them being made out of sequence and more of a reaction to the popularity of the Han character. They wanted to bring him back for the sequels once they saw the positive fan reaction to him but he died at the end of the 3rd movie, the one he was introduced in, so in stead they made it so the next few movies took place in between the 2nd and 3rd. I guess it was either that or they did a crappy "he didn't actually die" thing.

That actually was something that bugged me about that latest movie though. By the end of it they are all buddy buddy with Statham's character and not once it is ever mentioned that he is the guy who straight up murdered Han.

That actually was something that bugged me about that latest movie though. By the end of it they are all buddy buddy with Statham's character and not once it is ever mentioned that he is the guy who straight up murdered Han.
    Well, there's talk about Han maybe coming back in 9, so they may still be planning to pull that crappy "he didn't actually die" thing you mentioned. Then in 9 they will reveal than Vin knew/found out Han was still alive from Cypher or something(and told the others off camera), and thus they were able to coexist peacefully with Statham after he saved Vin's baby. That very much reads like a comic book plot, and considering that the F&F series are superhero movies at this point(seriously, at this point in time multiple characters have demonstrated super strength, some form of healing factor, heightened durability, not to mention Vin's "car whisperer" super sense...) I can...totally see that happening.