Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But it makes sense from that you shouldn't feel danger out in the world. You're playing as the pinnacle of *insert class here*, one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Random mob 37 shouldn't pose any sort of threat to you
    Speak for yourself. To me it makes no sense at all to feel no danger out in the world, when we're intruders on the homeworld of the greatest threat the universe has ever known. And just in case you haven't noticed, you're not the most powerful being on the planet. There are thousands of other Highlords etc running round too. None of which are necessary to help you survive.

You know it's a little sad when the only limiting factor in killing mobs is how many you can round up before they leash.

Not how hard they'll hit, or how many you can control, or anything like that. Just simply how many you can round up before they leash.

It hasn't been horribly difficult to kill mobs, but t's nice to one shot them.

People complain about the strangest things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    They did this with the scaling technology but there is an issue.
    Why should you take the same time to kill a mob at 890ilvl as you do as 940ilvl? You would feel that your character hasn't become more powerful even though you worked really hard (rng drops lul) for your gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    again, this was not really reason people were upset.
    it was because they felt like the power they worked so hard for, for their characters, was useless.
    They do not want to kill everything at the same speed they have been since the start of the expansion.
    if you have no progression of character power and no content becoming obsolete then all content is pointless.
    Because killing mobs TOO fast is boring. It does not need to be kept linear (mobs taking same time to kill), but it should be tuned so there's some limit to overgearing.
    Killing too fast or even oneshot also causes trouble, like mobs dying too fast but respawning too slow (gets really bad for soloable rare WQs or named mobs that die in 10-15s max but take minute or two to respawn, if not more)
    Last edited by Mahmeya; 2017-11-02 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    they sure did, which always leads me back to point where i think "its actually the players that are so out of touch with what they actually want".
    For real, blizzard can never win.
    This ist pretty much true for every game mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    You still have to do that because titanforging though.
    Not really. Well perhaps if you can't progress in current mythic tier, and are only doing HC ToS but are able to do M NH you could get upgrades that way. But getting a good Titanforge from M NH that would compete with M ToS is so slim it really isn't any reason to even try to farm for it. And it would most likely be better to spam M+ and hope for a good drop from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Good, I like one-shotting stuff.

Try a class with annoying ramp time like Spriest and you will see how you can take your time with mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I like it. One-shotting mobs is fun for me, makes my character feel like they’ve progressed.
    I am with you totally agree would suck if the mobs last as long as they did when u ping to 110. You got an full armor set with setbonusses to legendaries and need as long as you needed with greens seems not that great for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Kind of goes back to Cata, and the main issue seems to be the massive gap between late game in expansion A and entry level raiding in expansion B (graph below is tiers). Do we really need a 100 ilvl gap between a final tier and first tier? The primary reason I could think of for the gap is not wanting trinkets or tier sets to be used in the next expansion, but putting a level cap on those effects would fix that.

The end result is that from Vanilla-Wrath we had what now equates to ~251 ilvls (3 game chapters). 4 expansions later we are almost at 1000.
    Sadly the graph alone doesn't help. It isn't that simple.

- Itemlevel was irrelevant in Classic and I think TBC, item rarity was important. A green itemlevel 55 item had less stats than a purple itemlevel 55 item. Nowadays, purple items simply have a higher itemlevel - items with the same itemlevel have the same amount of stats (with exceptions like jewelry and so on, but I hope you get what I mean).
    - Starting in WotLK, we got several raid sizes and difficulties for the same raid. If we already had this earlier, I guarantee you we would have had an itemlevel increase of 50-100 even back in classic.
    - As other have said, itemlevel itself is meaningless. As you can see with the retuned 1-85 content, even though the itemlevels in cata jump much more, the stats don't actually change any different than they did before. So stats vs. itemlevels doesn't work that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of those who threw a "shit fit" when they tried to introduce mob scaling. I think the power progression has been fine, I think it's ok that we can now slaughter things in the broken isles, which is old content we've done a hundred times and nowadays the rewards aren't that great anyway so the challenge level fits.

I do however think maybe they missed the mark when they introduced a new level of content in Argus. Things could've hit a bit harder and had a bit more HP. I do not care that a new toon would potentially have trouble with it and would need to progress some in older content before taking on the latest. They could have kept Broken Shore as a stop gap for gearing up in that case and increased the droprate of Nethershards so you wouldn't be stuck there too long.

Deleted
    Mob scaling is fine for non elite mobs...

However when applied to elites, it makes it just tedious since it takes years to kill them especially on tanks/healers

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As I did daily WQ's today, I realized Broken Isle mobs are getting 1-shot! I play FDK ilvl930 (which is casual) and it made me think why have gear scale so high?

Don't get me wrong, I want my gear to feel like an upgrade throughout the tiers, but to the point shit gets 1 shot?

How do you feel about it?
    Well, you're not going to "1-shot" Argus mobs. How about going there?
    With you're gear you're even set for a full mythic ToS clear so go do that.

The ilvl scaling is still silly but so is the extreme increase in ilvl between tiers. Removing exclusive rewards from LFR, titan- and warforge and so on would fix the issue though. As well as making the difference in ilvl from normal to mythic smaller of course. It's gotten out of hand at this point.

Deleted
    I'm all for reducing how fast we scale/scaling mobs harder, but it's more of a design issue.
    Some specs are just absurdly good at world content. As an example, I levelled an aff lock, got it to 110 and then got unsullied gear and went straight to argus.
    One dot makes mobs fall over before they even reach you, even if playing petless. That's really weird. And it gets even more interesting when you can facetank rares that can smash other classes to pieces with drain soul spam and permanent shields.

Compare that kind of sustain to a mage's. It just can't work because some classes would need to group to even do 'solo' content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Stating ilvl for this expansion - 825.

Ending ilvl for this expansion - Probably ~970, 980.

So, 155 ilvls.

It really started in MoP though.

Starting ilvl - 463
    Ending ilvl - 584-590 (Depending on Warforged, upgrades, ect).

So 130.

In WoD, it was significant, but only had 2 raid tiers. Still, went from 630 to 730-740, so a 100 increase. If there was a 3rd raid tier, we would have seen a similar increase that we are seeing now.

Even in past expansions though had a fairly significant boost. Cata - 333, ending at 410. WotLK - 200 starting, ending at 284. Granted, its only a 80ish ilvl increase, but compared to Vanilla? Vanilla was like starting at 65 and ending around 95. TBC, starting at 100, ending at 140ish.

So, really. We started with a 40 ilvl increase between start of endgame, to end of endgame. Then WotLK doubled it, and cata continued it. Then MoP doubled it again, and its been continued since then.
    you cannot compare that since there were only 1 or 2 Raidmodes. Remove LFR & Normal and the Itemlevel increase will drop down

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    They implemented mob scaling, the player base had a shit fit...
    Yes, because this actualy showed how blizz fucked up the scaling. Making mobs scale to the gear kinda defeats the purpose of getting better gear.

It was Blizzard's way of saying "oh shit, we went too far with this power creep. Let's make mobs scale as a bandaid, maybe noone will notice"
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

We're pretty much demi gods now. Seems appropriate that we should one shot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Mob scaling is fine for non elite mobs...

However when applied to elites, it makes it just tedious since it takes years to kill them especially on tanks/healers
    Thats because they want you to kill elites in groups, they are after all strong foes. Get a group of a tank and two dps and it is easy again. (or healer and a couple of dps)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As I did daily WQ's today, I realized Broken Isle mobs are getting 1-shot! I play FDK ilvl930 (which is casual) and it made me think why have gear scale so high?

Don't get me wrong, I want my gear to feel like an upgrade throughout the tiers, but to the point shit gets 1 shot?

How do you feel about it?
    After everyone left, the mobs got nerfed. There was a solid nerf to Argus mobs too about 2 weeks ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Thats because they want you to kill elites in groups, they are after all strong foes. Get a group of a tank and two dps and it is easy again. (or healer and a couple of dps)
    That's not my point... so far I never really come across any elite that wouldn't be soloable...

It just takes more time now and it's tedious

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    you cannot compare that since there were only 1 or 2 Raidmodes. Remove LFR & Normal and the Itemlevel increase will drop down
    Not even needed, all they had to do is (for example) make it like this:
    830 Legion HC dungeons, EN LFR
    840 Legion M dungeons, NH LFR
    845 EN N, ToV LFR
    850 NH N, ToS LFR
    860 EN HC, ToV N
    865 NH HC, ToS N, Antorus LFR
    875 EN M, ToV HC
    880 NH M, ToS HC, Antorus N
    890 ToV M
    895 ToS M, Antorus HC
    910 Antorus M

All that is needed is tighter overlaps, there's no reason for the difference between tiers to be more than single difficulty.