Thread: Male Skirts

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sucks being a male clothwearing caster but i like the fresh breeze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    If you feel that way then I won't knock you, but I definitely wouldn't judge a man's masculinity on an item of clothing. Plenty of civilizations had men wearing skirts; Spartans, Romans, Greeks, Mesopotamians, Scots, Polynesians, etc.
    I don't know clothing is a good indication of masculinity in my experience - Today's manskirts are just awful and frankly majority of men have awful legs

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know clothing is a good indication of masculinity in my experience - Today's manskirts are just awful and frankly majority of men have awful legs
    I think male skirts really only work with bulky, muscular men or guys who wear long socks.

Deleted
    I think male skirts really only work with bulky, muscular men or guys who wear long socks.
    That look should forever burn in fashion hell!

Honestly, These are the kind of things that make me believe in some of the feminists' crap. The whole gender roles thing. How is a piece of cloth hat we created have innate qualities that is only suited to a specific gender. It doesn't make sense. We waste time saying this belongs to men and this belong to women and it doesn't fucking matter one bit. But society this and society that, and here we are, bogged down by tradition and cannot get passed pink is for girls and blue is for boys.

Same shit happens with perfumes and colognes.

Initially I googled 'men's skirts' out of curiosity, but I increasingly became fascinated with the concept of male skirts in the Western World. Now of course we all know of the kilts as well as some garments worn by men in Ancient Greece and Rome, but male skirts have mostly died out in the West.

So what do you think? Do some men look good in skirts? Do you really even give a shit? Personally, I don't think skirts look good on everybody, but there seem to be some dudes that can pull it off.
    N***** that's a dress. As they say in Compton.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Honestly, These are the kind of things that make me believe in some of the feminists' crap. The whole gender roles thing. How is a piece of cloth hat we created have innate qualities that is only suited to a specific gender. It doesn't make sense. We waste time saying this belongs to men and this belong to women and it doesn't fucking matter one bit. But society this and society that, and here we are, bogged down by tradition and cannot get passed pink is for girls and blue is for boys.
    The irony that this has only been true for a few decades and the reverse has been true for centuries before.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The irony that this has only been true for a few decades and the reverse has been true for centuries before.

They look stupid, the only ones that don't look completely dumb are the ones with pants or kilts, which often has a matching sash or a big medal on the front.

Why not try to make kilts or robes fashionable? The skirts pop up and are basically failures 100% of the time. B

Kilt only.

While that might be true, I serverely doubt that hot pink (or neon sharpy shitstain as I like to call it) was the color used back then. That is certainly not how paintings have portraied them from the time. At best is was somehwere between rose pink and lavender.

Tartan kilts look awesome! Regular "skirts" for guys not so much. But that's just an opinion, and I don't mind what people wear as long as they feel comfortable in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post

Same shit happens with perfumes and colognes.
    First sentence aside, I agree fully. So much of the time 'gender' and how it relates to daily life is no more than a time consuming annoyance.

As for skirts, not for me, i dont think people want to see my hairy, pastey, scar covered legs anymore than is strictly neccesary.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess skirts are fine when u dont got any balls
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

kilt

awesome stuff of kilts

Sorry, I don't see any men in your photos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I guess skirts are fine when u dont got any balls
    Or you have the biggest balls ever like William “Fucking” Wallace. I say if you paid for it wear what you want just don’t be a slut about it guys .

Also get started me moisturizer for those knees ish!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Saw a couple of guys in skirts at a board game convention last weekend. That place was full with nu males. This world is at a crossroads.
    Are you also scared of soy?

Fact is, the only reason y'all are so vehemently against skirts and are squicked out is because of learned social conventions. There is nothing inherently male or female about skirts. It is not an different than blue for boys and pink for girls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Sorry, I don't see any men in your photos.
    How do you know their gender identity?

Because pants are for barbarians.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Ugh. No.

It was fine 2000 years ago, but it seems so...hipster today.
    Lol! Great movie.

I will past on the skirts. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

Because pants are for barbarians.
    Do you know how barbaric the Romans treated their enemies?