Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I didn't know they where still a thing they are usually really behind has no one else made guides?

I'd like them to bring back the bite-size guides like they did for Nighthold.

if u are sick of it, then dun watch it?

Does tankspot not do videos anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah damn those Fatboss nerds to hell, providing all that free content.

Is this a click bait thread or somthing

Deleted
    they're a bit long but I just watch at at 2x speed

Deleted
    Fuck fatboss

Anyuerizm of Infexiuos Gaming makes good quality videos about all high-end content, PvE and PvP. his explanations are applicable to any raider but come from the rogue perspective though. his videos don't ever contain any of that E-peen swinging Legacy raider vibe but instead he seems to complain about stuff in nearly every video. i also have only played the same one Rogue since launch day so the Rogue-Centric humor and commentary about the Raid scene makes it more than tolerable for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe dont watch them if you dont like them?

also arnt you the guy who was wrong in an argument so you made fun of my avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The problem is there really aren't any other guides as well known. Line of Sight was amazing and there was another one I absolutely loved around Cataclysm but I can't remember what they were called; they showed every ability tooltip and everything that occurred on a fight instead of just explaining it like the Fatboss Twats do.
    Thinking of Tankspot with Ciderhelm and possibly Aliena?
    Their guides were great back in the days before they moved on!

I'm not a huge fan of FatbossTV either, but they do cover the most important parts of the fights and if you actually try you can easily grasp the message and get everything you need out of their guides.

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    On the level of towelie in the wow scene. No explanation what so ever why tf they are popular

It's disgusting tbh. Seeing towelie with 4k+ viewers like what the actual fuck!?
    Fatboss have made videos including boss guides for many years and are usually very quick to put them out there (including ptr/beta videos) so there's your explanation. As to why Towelliee has 4k viewers is that he's an absolute professional at what he does (streaming), and even though he might not be a great player he's there streaming every single day at inhumane times and constantly hosts content together with his viewers. The fact that you struggle to see obvious things like this is the only disgusting fact.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-11-01 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    This needs to end.
    Nah, it doesn't really

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Does tankspot not do videos anymore?
    Was actually just going to post that I miss Tankspot's guides. They were pretty great.

And lol @ all the "im 2 hardcore 4 guides" people. Yeah no, not everyone races to forever be in the shadow of the actually really good guilds who have sponsors and get paid to have nothing to do but farm content for half a year after they clear the content in a few weeks (just to come whine about it on the forums).

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand the mentality of people, if you are so annoyed why do you watch them or even associate with them? Do you like to torture yourself so you can whine about it. Is this a social project I am not aware of lol.

It's not like a family get together where you feel obliged to be with them :P

It's like youtubers who tell a channel of every video "you are shit", it's like you took time out of your life to write that... think what awesome things you could have done instead. Life is too short to be annoyed at every little thing.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-11-01 at 01:03 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The only thing I hope for is that they're faster with their Antorus mythic guides, now they upload the KJ mythic guide that I've already killed it... sigh if only my guild knew some stuff that apparently "everyone knew" beforehand maybe we'd struggle less. For example I literally learnt from a random on mmo-champ that shaman ankh totem is considered "mandatory" for KJ when my guild was all the way cr-ing the sacrifice in p2. Or that specific holy pala talent / cd setup allows him to solo heal the healer adds. Took us over 300 wipes to kill it post-nerfs, could have defo shaved a few off with better planning.

After seeing their guide on my fight with the Mortals, I can confirm this 1 thing:

Fatboss is awesome. Why are you sick of them? D:

If anything, I should be sick of them, cause they're talking about my power. They're making the mortals know more about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The only thing I hope for is that they're faster with their Antorus mythic guides, now they upload the KJ mythic guide that I've already killed it... sigh if only my guild knew some stuff that apparently "everyone knew" beforehand maybe we'd struggle less. For example I literally learnt from a random on mmo-champ that shaman ankh totem is considered "mandatory" for KJ when my guild was all the way cr-ing the sacrifice in p2. Or that specific holy pala talent / cd setup allows him to solo heal the healer adds. Took us over 300 wipes to kill it post-nerfs, could have defo shaved a few off with better planning.
    If you've killed it before the guide, grats, you don't need the guide. The shaman rez-totem could have been learned from watching literally one kill video from a good guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If you've killed it before the guide, grats, you don't need the guide.
    That's the thing, I like their channel because they explain stuff thoroughly and often emphasize things you could find out yourself from logs / kill vids but they just tell you - I think it's great for guilds who aren't used to invent their own tactics / strategize because they were always just following the ones ahead of them. I'm not one to decide strategies for my guild and I'm not a healer, but having the guide earlier would definitely clear up some debates what healers should or shouldn't do. Damn, my guild didn't even want to 3 tank it until halfway the progression despite the 3-tank strat being more and more commonly used as nerfs / crucible rolled in (and was even used earlier than than, I think Honestly from Australia was the first to 3-tank KJ).

I'm not hating on Fatboss, I fairly enjoy their style, however timing is important with the guides, we have maybe 2-3 weeks left of Tomb, happy for any guild that will actually kill it thanks to Fatboss guide, but I do feel this came a tad bit late - should've been released at least around the time Avatar / KJ nerfs rolled (the recent ones) especially that their kill vids were out, so the footage was there, with Avatar they said they held off a bit to see if any nerfs came, so no idea why they held it so long with KJ, the nerfs already came and the tier is about to end.

Obviously their guides aren't aimed at top players who are the ones shaping the meta not the ones watching it on guides. And these players who are the target audience won't arrive at the end boss in the first month anyway, so there is time, sure. But for example their M Gul'dan video had better timing as far as I remember. It was Kelani who was late, but I think somewhere around Star Augur / Elisande he switched guilds and went more casual - you can see it from the direction of his channel, his TOS guides only go up to mythic Mistress and then it's just casual content (nothing against it, just sad we lost another source of raid guides).

Signs of Kelani is better if you don't want to listen to their lollygagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Isn't this one of those situations where, if you don't like them, you just choose not to watch them?
    Saying things like "this needs to end" is... well... But I feel OPs frustration. And to all other guys here commenting, this is the answer to "why you don't just watch other videos ?" and why guys like me and OP are frustrated with Fatboss:

Fatboss is very popular and mostly up to date, providing very early and detailed guides that are coming from the PTR. So for raidleads like mine, and I believe many others, the Fatboss tactic is the way to go. If 20 people watch 8 different guides with 5 different tactics, things get messy.

Common conversation in my raid btw: "Are we play mechanic x like this? No, we play it like in the fatboss guide, did you not watch the video?"