Poll: Should they ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I think bg and brawls is leaning toward the right direction. I believe everything that has a rated pvp stamp in wow is unpopular now. especially when players in need of competition have a lot more games to play now. there can be still be arenas for fun/rewards, solo queues and ranking.
    I believe that the sole reasons why there's some players in that is :
    -rewards, which have nothing to do with rated pvp itself
    -boost and real money boosts, which also have nothing to do with rated pvp

I like the rewards. but I think rated pvp with so called seasons is a dead branch.

what do you think ?
    No, rated PvP just needs to not be focused entirely on 3v3, PvP balance should be on larger group combat.

Rated Battlegrounds should be where PvP balance is focused, because then not only would the focus of rated PvP be "balanced" but so would unrated battlegrounds, which is where the overwhelmingly, massively, vast majority of PvP in this game takes place. A decent middle ground, if they want one I guess, would be to scrap 3v3 and bring back 5v5, use it as the focus of PvP balance and use it as the primary arena tournament format.

Either way, very small group PvP is an extreme minority and there is no reason at all it should be the focus of PvP balance.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Add solo queue.
    If STWOR proved anything, it's that you need to get rid of random BGs if you add a solo queue to rated BGs. Otherwise, players expect everyone to be max geared and on voice chat the moment they step foot in the solo rated queue. It became a very hostile environment for most.

It would be better for the game IMO if the lower ratings were a safe place for new players and ratings were used to sort people essentially into sports leagues. You would get better match making and maybe people wouldn't get too serious until you reached maybe 1700+ rating. It would also naturally take care of most pre-made issues, faction imbalance issues, and bot issues.
    Last edited by Golden; 2017-11-02 at 06:47 PM.

I think bg and brawls is leaning toward the right direction. I believe everything that has a rated pvp stamp in wow is unpopular now. especially when players in need of competition have a lot more games to play now. there can be still be arenas for fun/rewards, solo queues and ranking.

I like the rewards. but I think rated pvp with so called seasons is a dead branch.

what do you think ?
    The problem is not the rank feature in pvp, it's the fact that rank sounds competitive, yet most of the time one side has an advantage, either in gear or something, so it makes the entire thing absolutely pointless. Ranked wont be taken seriously by smart people until there is fixed gear that NEVER changes and ZERO progression reward in ranked. Someone who does his very first ranked game should be on the SAME ground as someone who has done a million games so gear and/or character progression does not play a role in the outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    If STWOR proved anything, it's that you need to get rid of random BGs if you add a solo queue to rated BGs. Otherwise, players expect everyone to be max geared and on voice chat the moment they step foot in the solo rated queue. It became a very hostile environment for most.

It would be better for the game IMO if the lower ratings were a safe place for new players and ratings were used to sort people essentially into sports leagues. You would get better match making and maybe people wouldn't get too serious until you reached maybe 1700+ rating. It would also naturally take care of most pre-made issues, faction imbalance issues, and bot issues.
    And I never mentioned anything about adding solo queue for RBGs, or did you miss the part where I said "no" to the OP? It doesn't need to be done, just balance PvP around 10v10 instead of 3v3 and leave it at that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The problem is not the rank feature in pvp, it's the fact that rank sounds competitive, yet most of the time one side has an advantage, either in gear or something, so it makes the entire thing absolutely pointless. Ranked wont be taken seriously by smart people until there is fixed gear that NEVER changes and ZERO progression reward in ranked. Someone who does his very first ranked game should be on the SAME ground as someone who has done a million games so gear and/or character progression does not play a role in the outcome.
    sounds like rated pvp should be its game of its own with menus, no gear, something like hots or lol but the game is arena and rbg
    wow is not compatible with fixed gear, it's like 2 games trying to co exist which will never work
    perhaps something they propose in the future ? we'll see at blizzcon if they planned something for pvp

No. What they need to do is stop balancing PvP for 3v3+ and balance it for 1v1.

sounds like rated pvp should be its game of its own with menus, no gear, something like hots or lol but the game is arena and rbg
    wow is not compatible with fixed gear, it's like 2 games trying to co exist which will never work
    perhaps something they propose in the future ? we'll see at blizzcon if they planned something for pvp
    GW2 made it work without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    You mean having maximum 4 hours sleep a day to keep Honor rank 14?

On topic: I don't really play rankeds but I think they have to stay to give some incentive for PvP players to gather in guilds and keep getting better.
    You can have the old system but in a more balanced way,during vanilla Blizzard was still new to MMOs and kinda fucked around for most of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    No. What they need to do is stop balancing PvP for 3v3+ and balance it for 1v1.
    Pls no, 1v1 is not rewarding pvp. Wow will always be about 3v3 where we get titles. What do yuo got from dueling?

10+ Year Old Account

what do you think ?
    Its only a dead branch because they aren't really interested in balancing the game. These ban waves that go out, go out at the end of the season, so you either cheat all season and hope you don't get caught. Or you don't cheat and hope that AFTER the ban wave you make it in the 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Pls no, 1v1 is not rewarding pvp. Wow will always be about 3v3 where we get titles. What do yuo got from dueling?
    Are you retarded? I said "balance PvP".Balancing PvP around a 1v1 perspective give way more balance than 3v3. They are just too lazy to do the hard work of doing that.

7+ Year Old Account

what do you think ?
    And I believe Brawls are the opposite direction that we should be going. Funny how It differs from person to person and Isn't true just because the guy posting It says so.

Brawls add nothing Interesting to the over all game and has so far been an Insult to PvPing, no matter the fact they're adding a Battleground In Legion In the very LAST patch Legion will get that doesn't make It that much better.

The thing that should go are PvP Templates. They don't Improve anything, gears make It much clearer who Is better and whose not, who actually put effort Into their PvP and who didn't and you can pimp out your gear with enchantments, as right now you can't do that without spending a ton of gold only to realize that gear you enchanted is getting replaced by the next world quest epic drop cause It has 10 more ilevel and even got warforged - which Is another Issue, you get your best pvp gear by doing pve content... funny Isn't It? The glorified "Loot boxes" we get from battlegrounds/arenas give you bugger all and only scare me Into thinking that they will return high end gear only to put It Into bloody Loot boxes.

PvP Templates should go, Immediatly. I'm glad they realized legendaries are bad, now they should realize we can't have templates any more, and no, adding "Transmog" pvp seasonal sets doesn't make It better. There should be a clear distinction betwenn a pvper who just started pvping, aka in half-honor gear or honor gear entirely, and one that has full Conquest gear and probably knows his shit and -can- go toe to toe with anyone else.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    The thing that should go are PvP Templates. They don't Improve anything
    Of course they do. It's much easier for the developers to balance stuff around the templates. This is great if you are a developer and you are lazy. You just have to convince the players that this is good for them, but that's the job of the PR department, I guess.

I believe that players don't like pvp as it is right now. I think it needs to be improved with a new system, better and more fun. if no one question old systems/discuss about it, we can't expect to have better pvp anytime soon.
    So you think that PvPers don't like PvP as it is right now, not because of massive balance and design issues, but the actual COMPETITION aspect of a competitive game component? So basically the biggest problem with sports is that someone is keeping score? Remove "competition" from competitive gameplay, it's fucking brilliant. Blizzard has been awaiting your resume for several expansions, what have you been waiting for?!

What the fuck is it with people wanting to remove content from WoW, especially in regard to PvP? I've never understood that, it's completely fucking optional. I personally loathe the mindless dumpster zergfest that is the random BG system but I don't go on some kind of fucking crusade to have it abolished, I just DON'T FUCKING QUEUE IT! It really is that simple.

Also lol at the kid who thinks the 2K armor set makes anyone a snowflake. Hey look at my sweet transmo guys, challenger up in this motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Given the huge $$$ involed with Esports - pruning rated pvp from WOW is the dumbest thing they could do.
    Funny that at least one guy here thinks that WoW eSports bring Blizzard any money. If they could've stopped having tournaments without losing face, they would've done it years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    PvP Templates should go, Immediatly. I'm glad they realized legendaries are bad, now they should realize we can't have templates any more, and no, adding "Transmog" pvp seasonal sets doesn't make It better. There should be a clear distinction betwenn a pvper who just started pvping, aka in half-honor gear or honor gear entirely, and one that has full Conquest gear and probably knows his shit and -can- go toe to toe with anyone else.
    Nice to see WoW PvPers admitting that WoW PvP is a joke at its core. For some reason, no SC2, OW, HotS, Dota2 or LoL player would want the already skilled players to have mathematical advantage in their gameplay. It's a casual, MMO idea. Whereas PvP should be kinda "competitive," no?
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Deleted
    what do you think ?
    You are clueless in regard to rated PvP and your English gives me a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    You are clueless in regard to rated PvP and your English gives me a headache.
    sorry for not taking the time to correct and provide proper english, but that is not relevant to the topic, you can perfectly understand the main ideas.
    as for being clueless it also doesn't add anything to the topic, I can also say that you're clueless for seemingly not agreeing with me, it would be equally pointless, what you had to do was explaining your point of view for others to understand exactly why you care enough about rated pvp to give an answer like this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    So you think that PvPers don't like PvP as it is right now, not because of massive balance and design issues, but the actual COMPETITION aspect of a competitive game component? So basically the biggest problem with sports is that someone is keeping score? Remove "competition" from competitive gameplay, it's fucking brilliant. Blizzard has been awaiting your resume for several expansions, what have you been waiting for?!

What the fuck is it with people wanting to remove content from WoW, especially in regard to PvP? I've never understood that, it's completely fucking optional. I personally loathe the mindless dumpster zergfest that is the random BG system but I don't go on some kind of fucking crusade to have it abolished, I just DON'T FUCKING QUEUE IT! It really is that simple.

Also lol at the kid who thinks the 2K armor set makes anyone a snowflake. Hey look at my sweet transmo guys, challenger up in this motherfucker.
    exactly, I believe it is highly unpopular and the only persons really caring about it are a small group of players, there will always be some persons interested in niche things, people have different opinions. but in the case of wow I think the presence of rated pvp is detrimental. a gameplay system is not a content, it's a way to experience content, if we want to properly thank the dev and give them tribute, I think that all content must be explored fully, that's what I do, and I believe that rated pvp is not worthy of the rest of the game, thus decreasing its quality. I enjoy it, the core things that are the bgs and playing against someone, I'm improving, did arena master in wod and always trying to get better, but competition can exist without anything rated. at the very least the reward system has to be changed, it's probably the worst reward system I've seen. literal copy pasting every "seasons", I think rewards matter, but in this case it's worse even than a carrot on a stick
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-11-05 at 01:00 PM.

I actually think they need to do the opposite... Take it the LFR route. Raiding has become more and more inclusive through the years, from scalable sized raids to easier difficulties, they do everything they can think of (they=Blizz) to get more people to try it. Yet, pvp seems the opposite. I think they need to add a queue-able for of rated pvp. I know, it would be a 1 sided shit show for the ages. Pre-mades smooshing the randoms for free rating, but maybe Blizz can work something up in matchmaking - or in rating point accrual that will correct this. I know half my problem with rated pvp - is finding a partner and playing. It just gets too serious after that and doesn't even feel like a game anymore. I think a queue for arena or rbgs is the way to go - and a well designed match making/rating system to avoid horribly unbalanced matches.

I only miss the honor points. It was nice to think that you should do good in a bg in order to get your next item within 1 bg. Now it's just chaos. Random BGs have no purpose.