Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How long until we have Christie Golden's Tauren Novel and Siege of Thunder Bluff raid to kill Baine?

Gotta complete the set!
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    It makes sense too that the remnants of the Warsong and Grom'kar would show up on Azeroth as exiles...And Thrall running back to Draenor after losing Doomhammer just fits too well. Especially with an extra unoccupied Doomhammer there right now.

Sigh....this is actually what it is, isn't it
    sadly...very likely

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Sadly the Horde have done so many awful things it'd be hard to really blame the Alliance for acting Villanous agianst the Horde.

Horde have been so cartoonishly evil for no provocation for a long enough time for the Alliance to have a laundry list of legitimate Greivances that they have yet to collect on. Horde's one legitimate beef was Taurajo-and it was wrapped up rather nicely and even on the "agressor" end it was seen as a failure. It was a good conflcict-but short lived.

For the Alliance to be villainous would need a massive paradigm shift. And then there's the matter of making the Horde the Hero in the sceneario which...is a stretch

Basically, they got work to do before this can ever be a good sell.
    The Alliance isn't all sunshine either, they have the potential to sink to the very same depths of depravity and to do that all who actually need to suffer at their hands would be the most peaceful horde race, the ones who never actually wronged someone. The tauren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    How long until we have Christie Golden's Tauren Novel and Siege of Thunder Bluff raid to kill Baine?

Gotta complete the set!
    Only after we kill some more trolls
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yes you did. An old God.
    Garrosh wasn't corrupted by old gods. Blizz outright stated he was fully in control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Only after we kill some more trolls
    Yeah gotta break the foundation of Zandalar for good, dem trolls not drowning fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post

Gotta complete the set!
    Don't worry that'll come right afterwards with faction war 3.

I'm not looking forward to this shit at all, it's going to be the Garrosh disaster all over again, at least death saved him from further character assassination. Sylvanas's turn now followed by Baine, that elf guy no one remembers and Chubbywix.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-11-02 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So the next Expansion is gonna be centered around Faction War.
    Pandaria 2.0 here we come!
    Maybe. WotLK had a few really big AvH moments but it was hardly centered on the faction war. I'm betting that the leveling storyline, like Cata 1-60, will feature a lot of AvH plotlines but the level-cap storyline will involve the baddies making themselves known and fuckin' shit up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Faction war it is!
    Makes sense
    The logic wow follows is
    BIG BADDIES followed by relaxed xpack to unwind and explore other plots followed by BIG BADDIES CLIMAX repeat

I doubted we would face the shadows its a pitty gonna be boring i say

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You got a source for that?
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/703066890323628032

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's not that hard, an anti-Horde movement forming inside the Alliance and starting a campaign of terrorism, forcing the Horde to take a military position against the Alliance.
    But at this rate that would just be retaliation, Not true Villany.

We'd need several expansions of Alliance Fucking with the Horde when the Horde is just trying to mind it's own business.

Think about it-the Horde has been pulling stupendously stupid shit as far back as Wrath, where some Orcs thought that Team Killing was a good and honourable sport before getting trampled by skeletons.

This is the sort of level the Alliance would need to sink to-sabotaging co-op efforts for jollies, testing experimental Chemical weapons on Captured Horde Civillians, putting Trolls on chains and making them fight to the death to get their children back...and they'd have to do this consistantly over a long period of time.

Any one-offs would just be easily handwaved as Alliance taking matters into their own hands, it would need to be a consistent sentiment that spans several patches or even expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another faction war started by a bad new Warchief because the Horde is running low on supplies and needs the Alliance's shit?

Jesus Christ Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Alliance isn't all sunshine either, they have the potential to sink to the very same depths of depravity and to do that all who actually need to suffer at their hands would be the most peaceful horde race, the ones who never actually wronged someone. The tauren.
    The Tauren need story attention too-one that doesn't involve camps dissappearing or a cheiftain dying. Them being sacrifical lambs achieves neither of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I'm thinking the prologue is a little bit of a misdirect. Sylvie builds up her navy and forces for the attack on Stormwind, but when Azshara or whatever emerges as a threat, she changes direction to stop her instead.
    My thoughts as well.

Maybe her fleet will be decimated on it's way by some Old God battle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    There is no context as to the why the Loa said Sylvanas had to be Warcheif. Only that "Many would not understand"

So either it's just the laziest form of passing the buck or Blizzard's winking the elbow that Putting Sylvanas on the Podium was a step to something else down the road. Blizzard's been acting weird lately with it's writing so it actually has a possibility of being a long game setup
    Honestly, given Blizzard's writing in the past 10 years or so, I'd say it's sheer laziness. They wanted Sylvanas to be Warchief and they wanted it to happen with minimal effort. Kill off the current leader and have the next leader be directly named by the current one despite the fact that is not how politics work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Blizz is doing it for us. They know we love it. That horde bias. I wonder how will alliance players deal with it this time.

Btw, do we even have any characters other than sylvanas to kill off ?
    Is it still Horde bias if the Horde players hate it too?

I mean I play exclusively Horde at the moment and would still rather we had a plotline besides 'Warchief desires war, hurr durr'.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Hmm, so Cataclysm / Pandaria 2.0.

If it goes like Cataclysm and Golden's previous novels on faction conflict, Sylvanas and her forces will take huge portions of the Eastern Kingdoms and probably raze part of Stormwind, before the Alliance somehow find their deus ex machina and force them out.

I truly hope to be surprised - but experience, sadly, has taught me otherwise. We shall see.
    Step 1: Horde fucks the Alliance's shit up.
    Step 2: NEUTRAL ENEMY ATTACKS
    Step 3: "We must put aside our petty differences!"
    Step 4: Alliance blue-balled again.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Well at least it's official Saurfang is the leader of the Orcs. Also, Sylvanas was not pulling the loa strings to make herself Warchiefl.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    "ah shit just rewrite MoP, replace orcs with undead."

in all seriousness I am eager to see the book in its fullness, perhaps we will get more windrunner hilarity with all three sisters.

This also confirms Sylvanans did not manipulate Vol'jin as so many claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

You got to sack Org, we get to sack SW...it's only fair :P

The Alliance will be crushed beneath us! Glory to the Horde!

In all seriousness, this is interesting. I'm intrigued to see what happens.