Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Okay OP, you can tell us this: is it a BIG boat, or a little boat?

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I've mentioned this in a few other threads over the past several months, but I feel now that the reveal is tomorrow, it's worth reiterating and potentially starting some more speculative discussion about it. We need to talk about boats.

From a confirmed internal source I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that 8.0 is going to introduce a lot of water-centric content. We are going to spend a great deal of time on boats. These will not just be for travel: both PvE and PvP combat will take place on your boat (and/or maybe between players on multiple boats?) It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but - trust me, as ridiculous as this may sound - this expac is going to be very heavy on open water content with boats as your primary mode of personal transport.

There is also new engine tech to make the surface of the water more interesting, including physical waves. I do not know if or how this will be relevant to gameplay in any way beyond aesthetics, but I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

I wish I could tell you more, but mostly I'm interested in other peoples' ideas of how this could possibly make for a good expac. My initial reaction upon learning about it was basically, "oh god that sounds terrible," but I've been reassured that there's lots of good stuff here.

Thoughts?
    this "From a confirmed internal source" is usually a dead giveaway OP is either another troll or just joining in on last minute fake leaks.
    from my "From a confirmed internal source" I can tell you that there is no faction conflict or factions everything is unified under 1 banner all races are equal and they are called huarens. the void is eradicated with a giant sun dial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's not a confirmed source if you can't link the source.
    Not saying I agree with his leak. But it's the leakers personal right whether they want to provide their internal sources or not. It's not a good idea to put others in danger of their jobs. As I said previously, no one believes my sources either and that's fine. I will have a good laugh tomorrow as well.

https://imgur.com/UBo9VFb

Sounds more and more possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so ur saying i can fly all across kalimdor but water i need a boat?
    Dragons, hypogryphs etc can only fly so far before they have to land and i've never seen 1 float before.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Not saying I agree with his leak. But it's the leakers personal right whether they want to provide their internal sources or not. It's not a good idea to put others in danger of their jobs. As I said previously, no one believes my sources either and that's fine. I will have a good laugh tomorrow as well.
    "void themed with azeroth revamp 2.0 but with much better tech."

I kinda believe in you, but god I hope it won't happen.
    World revamping was the worst idea ever. It kills nostalgia, and too much development resource is wasted on irrelevant low level content. I'd be pissed if they can't just leave old zones untouched, I mean, why would they want to repeat the cataclysmic mistake again?

This guy is legit. He's right.

Hope this isn't true but we'll find out tomorrow. Ill likely take a break from WoW like I did after Cataclysm through WoD if you are indeed correct.
    "From the Shadows." -Lord Jurach Ravenholdt

15+ Year Old Account

2nd from the top on the right side could be legit we will know soon.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Amen. Anyone who says something WILL happen at Blizzcon is full of it. We think it's likely but none of us is sure.
    Well, you're right. I can't confirm that this WILL be revealed at Blizzcon. Maybe Blizzcon won't even happen!

But I can confirm that this is a major aspect of the new expansion, and it is reasonable to assume that as such it will in fact be revealed at Blizzcon.

Best comment of 2017.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I have a source that says 100% you're full of shit.
    It's me. I'm the source on this. 100% full o shizzzz.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like flying boats more..
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Then it's not a confirmed source. Just because some dude vouches for it, who we don't even know, doesn't make it confirmed in any shape.

I see people saying they would love this, just remember how excited everyone was about vashjir and what a nightmare it became once launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Then it's not a confirmed source. Just because some dude vouches for it, who we don't even know, doesn't make it confirmed in any shape.
    Well I mean, from my perspective it's confirmed. The source is an actual Blizzard engineer. Hopefully you can comprehend why it might not be in the best interest of anyone involved for me to reveal identities? Seems potentially not like rocket science.

Kind of disappointing that the thread is just an endless barrage of "FAKE NEWS" - I was kind of hoping to get some perspectives on what kind of potential everyone thinks Boat WoW really has.

Bold claims the day before!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothion View Post
    https://imgur.com/UBo9VFb

Sounds more and more possible now.
    Needs more jpeg. Paladin trolls! Bring it on!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post

2nd from the top on the right side could be legit we will know soon.
    That image is a fake and has been widely debunked on MMOC and other websites for MONTHS now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think it could be cool if and only if: boats are large and combat is not focused around vehicle abilities, but rather you sort of drop anchor and your boat becomes a usable piece of terrain - other players and NPCs can board it etc.

I don't have that much detail though, so I'm only hoping. It's the only way I can imagine this being any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, even when trying to set my personal biases against water-centric content in video games aside, boats in WoW sounds terrible. I mean, beyond transport what else can they really do? Ship v ship sounds like it would quickly turn into vehicular nonsense, or PvP in a ridiculously cramped space.

I just can't envision a scenario where I'm even remotely happy about boats or anything of the sort. Here's to hoping it's just shitposting on your end, or your friend's end.