Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Eh, i find it immoral to wilfully birth such babies if such defects can be detected in the early stages of development.

And I find it hilarious that people against such abortions are against incest with such birth defect concerns.
    Incest has fuckall chance of making retarded kids unless it's repeated through generations.

Also I am against incest bans because protected sex is a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Eh, i find it immoral to wilfully birth such babies if such defects can be detected
    Can we extend this logic to some of the eugenicists in this thread?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It might not, but it forced morals on people. As you can tell by looking around you, it's not working so well right now.
    Yep, when religious morality was at it's apex people didn't rape, steal, kill or lie. Nor the morality itself was spread by the sword. In fact, lack of religious morality is what drove crime up in secular European countries in the last decade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A fetus isn’t a baby till it’s delivered. Abortions, in the States, are legal up until a certain number of weeks, which is based on when the fetus is viable (can survive outside of the womb).
    The poster you responded to was not talking about legalities within the US or anywhere else. You are trying to twist this.

Broadly speaking I'm in favour of the status quo on abortion. That doesn't validate your self-serving sophist bullshit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... wat?

So it's fine to abort a normal child just because you don't want it, but it's suddenly wrong if the kid's going to be a derp? I mean I know they need as many warm bodies as they can for all the bureaucracy positions dems want. but still, this seems... more than a little dubious on their part "We want you to be able to abort if you want to, unless said child will have special needs. Then it's your moral imperative to take this unwanted thing as your own and live with the massive financial, physiological, and psychological strain it will put on you, until it can vote/work for us."
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Yep, when religious morality was at it's apex people didn't rape, steal, kill or lie. Nor the morality itself was spread by the sword. In fact, lack of religious morality is what drove crime up in secular European countries in the last decade
    Religion is a complex issue not easily reducible to a simple dichotomy. The guy you are arguing with most religous people wouldn't agree with, as I suspect most atheists, agnostics and secular humanists would find your tedious and reflexive anti-theism immature and embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yeah they need to replenish the republican voting pool.

Well that's insulting. I work with autistic kids/young adults and they have way more sense than republican voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yeah they need to replenish the republican voting pool.
    Damnit you stole my joke!

Deleted
    Correct. He was stating his opinions. He personally feels it’s a baby, regardless of the gestational period. It is not.
    What he wrote: "The only difference between ''fetus'' and ''baby'' is the latter's mother wants to keep it." That's a very clinical and accurate, if brutal assessment of the actuality of the situation. I don't see any opinion there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Well that's insulting. I work with autistic kids/young adults and they have way more sense than republican voters.
    I think Downs people have an average IQ of 50. There is considerable variation around that.

Without any element of sarcasm or irony I would imagine that Trump's tweets use approximately the same level of communication skills as an IQ of 50 would imply: effectively something written by a "normal" 8 or 9 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much more fucking backwards can you get?

Oh, your baby is going to be born healthy? SURE you can abort it!
    Oh, your baby is going to have downs? YOU FUCKING HEATHEN YOU MUST GIVE BIRTH TO IT

Because perpetuating retardation (and I mean that in the medical term, not derogatory) is going to help the advancement of the human race. Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Actually, this is the quote:
    That was earlier in the thread.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not likely to be signed by Kasich, even if it passes the State Senate. He is pretty much pro abortion. While myself, I am pro life and am not for any abortion other than to save the life of the mother. So this type of legislation is sort of hypocritical in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Because perpetuating retardation (and I mean that in the medical term, not derogatory) is going to help the advancement of the human race. Yup.
    Sounds like the sort of arguments the Klan came up with in the 20's.

I'd call this eugenics but even nazi eugenics were typically more plausible than the argument you are advancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is not likely to be signed by Kasich, even if it passes the State Senate. He is pretty much pro abortion. While myself, I am pro life and am not for any abortion other than to save the life of the mother. So this type of legislation is sort of hypocritical in my opinion.
    Doesn't matter. It's a guaranteed win for pro-choice when/if it's contested.

It's not about supporting abortion, its about supporting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So i found this interesting http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state...-abortion-bill
    what i found was most interesting was not how many liberals were opposed to it, but how many were not, and how many far right wingers were actually opposed to it, because its clearly a statement about eugenics...

I use to be in favor of abortion but with so many eugenicist like richard spencer gaining political prominence, i actually think it would be in liberals best interest to at least make it so abortion cant be based off someones genetics,So i think you're anti eugenics and anti alt right i actually believe u have to be anti abortion because it has been used as a tool by eugenicist in the past (mainly germany) what are your thoughts on this
    You don't ban something just because someone else did something bad with it... If that were the case we wouldn't have guns..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    How much more fucking backwards can you get?

Oh, your baby is going to be born healthy? SURE you can abort it!
    Oh, your baby is going to have downs? YOU FUCKING HEATHEN YOU MUST GIVE BIRTH TO IT

Because perpetuating retardation (and I mean that in the medical term, not derogatory) is going to help the advancement of the human race. Yup
    How are you advancing the human race? If we went by this then the majority of people should be dead... I do agree with all of your points up to that. It's a ridiculous law..

10+ Year Old Account
    Automation isn't going to be a thing in China/India, simply because they pay their workers less than a robot would cost.
    Incorrect, like everything else you have stated in this thread.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36376966

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

And I'm thankful I don't have to live over there and see the shitshow that feminism and social justice is currently bringing upon you.

- - - Updated - - -

I really doubt maintaining a robot costs less than the 5$ a day they pay their average worker lol.
    The shit show of equality? You're right, It sucks so much women and minorities want to be treated equally and others support it..

10+ Year Old Account
    I may not like why you abort your kid, but its really none of my fucking business what you do with your body.

I'm amazed that's such a difficult position to have these days.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Is it just for late term abortions the article didn’t say?

In some states late term abortions are permitted under circumstances like to save the mothers life or some chromosomal anomalies. So is this just a ban on late term for downs or for the entire term. Like 18-21 weeks I believe.
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2017-11-03 at 12:44 AM.