View Poll Results: They're not going to announce a new expansion tomorrow.

Voters
310. This poll is closed
  • Yes they will! You're crazy.

288 92.90%
  • I agree with you

22 7.10%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Naxx40, Sunwell, ICC, and DS* WoD and Legion were the only two to follow a different pattern.
    Also the two expansions with the most complained about droughts (SoO and HFC)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by 2SLick View Post
    100% fact it will be announced, you'd have to be new, naive or just plain unintelligent to think otherwise.
    Or just a chubby little demi-human who lives under a bridge?
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Legion succeeding LOL. Legion is a dud just like WoD. Better than WoD content-wise, but subs the same. All severs during prime hours and weekends are low with around 7 servers being full at one time. Even connected realms are empty. If you look at how many 110s were made throughout Legion its only around 18million. Thats EU, US, China, Ocenia, Latin. The zones are dead, even ques for dungeons and raids from 1-110 is pathetically high. I quit WoW for the first time after playing for 9 years because of Legion, and many others the same. Its even funny, because guilds are trying to recruit people that just arent there.Legion was a failure expansion sub wise, however amazing for content continuation. But overall Legion is a complete reskin of MOP.
    Dafuq are you talking about? LFR ques DPS are 10 minutes or less, dungeon queues are 5, and I play all hours. We don't know sub numbers but sure they're probably low, around where wod was prior to stopping release of numbers, but guess what THE GAME IS FUCKING 13 YEARS OLD, the fact that it still maintains anywhere near the subs it does now is nothing but amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    ICC had a pretty long drought and was definitely complained about, and DS drought was horrendous, mostly cause the raid was short and mediocre though. Honestly SoO wasn't that bad in the end of it, but HFC suffered from wod being way too short and rush and just a pile of bird shit.

Way to be illogical op... Not announce a new expac, because people wont join. You realize the opposite actually happens, when a new expac is announced, the end of the expansion has a spike in sub. If you want more people in the new raid, you announce as much as you can to wow people about the new expact. Then they sub with the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Gamescom was a mistake which,
    WoD was hemorrhaging subscribers (something to the tune of half the subscribers in at WoD launch were gone within 6 months). A Gamescom expansion announcement served to help build hype, especially as after 6.2 Blizzard all but abandoned WoD in favor of moving full steam ahead on Legion.

On-topic, I don't think they're worried about stealing Antorus's thunder. In fact, they'll probably spend the What's Next panel hyping up the new expansion as well as how they plan to bridge things over from Antorus to the new storyline.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    The question is -- when you make wildly misguided predictions and then they turn out to be wrong -- do you learn from your mistakes?
    Says the guy who makes wildly misguided predictions.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    WoD was hemorrhaging subscribers (something to the tune of half the subscribers in at WoD launch were gone within 6 months). A Gamescom expansion announcement served to help build hype, especially as after 6.2 Blizzard all but abandoned WoD in favor of moving full steam ahead on Legion.

On-topic, I don't think they're worried about stealing Antorus's thunder. In fact, they'll probably spend the What's Next panel hyping up the new expansion as well as how they plan to bridge things over from Antorus to the new storyline.
    Oh, i wasn't denying the need for it, the Mistake was allowing it to come to that, they failed on extending wod long enough to meet legion without killing a good portion of the playerbase in the meantime.

You are crazy if you think no expansion is getting announced tomorrow

If they don't announce, it will be for more reason than this silly hype argument.
    It will be because they aren't ready to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If they don't announce the 7th expansion tomorrow, they will lose so many subs it's not even funny.
    If you would quit the game because they didn't announce something you ASSUMED they were gonna announce please stay as far away from this game as possible. If something a year from now is changing your interest in the game that's out now you really are a next level casual.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announce next to nothing else other than a theme and concept for a new expansion. I fully expect a new expansion but I agree that too much will kill the end of Legion.

Its a dangerous game they are playing here, because the patch cycle has become so elevated that most people end up burning out trying to keep up. Guess its better than quitting because theres "nothing to do."
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I think they'll announce it, but it won't be nearly as playable as we think. "filler raids" have been proven in the past to be very negatively recieved and overall failures. They're filler content and feel like it. Blizzard has been tryign to do away with filler content. But I'm expecting a June/July launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    DS and ICC droughts were way worse if you ask me. At least there was something to do in MoP and WoD besides raid.
    There was almost 0 to do by the time ICC and DS were out in those expansions, let along a year later.

Only reason people don't remember wrath drought was because they staggered the release of the raid wings. The actual raid opened over a year before the final week of it's progression.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It really doesn't. The end-of-expansion boss in Legion is laughable at best. Wtf do I care about random NPC mob #430756. Dude might as well be a boar for all he matters to me. Never heard of him until 7.3 datamined stuff on mmoc. The player should feel connected to the final boss of the expansion, we should know who the hell he is, not just have him thrown on us at the last minute.
    You've never heard of argus.... the planet that the Draenei game from.... sure they never mentioned it having a world soul before but seriously. And Antorus itself has decent number of big names in it... Argus, Eonar, Agrammar, Varimathras...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you would quit the game because they didn't announce something you ASSUMED they were gonna announce please stay as far away from this game as possible. If something a year from now is changing your interest in the game that's out now you really are a next level casual.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announce next to nothing else other than a theme and concept for a new expansion. I fully expect a new expansion but I agree that too much will kill the end of Legion.

Its a dangerous game they are playing here, because the patch cycle has become so elevated that most people end up burning out trying to keep up. Guess its better than quitting because theres "nothing to do."
    It's not even assuming at this point, it would be quitting eventually because if they don't announce this Blizzcon its another 18 months if we're lucky for the next one unless they bandaid announce like the did Legion at gamescom. But they'd probably wait for next Blizzcon and I'd guess closer to 24 months between now and the next expansion because frankly, Blizzard alpha/beta cycles aren't that short.

Don't give me that shit. The final boss of this expansion literally did not exist anywhere until 7.3. Why are you in favor of such treatment for the final boss of an expansion. Dude is on the same level as Lei-shin at best. He is NOT worthy to be the final boss of the friggin' Burning motha fkin Legion!
    I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but beating the shit of Argus and imprisoning Sargeras with the help of the pantheon and illidan is pretty damn epic to me.

The only possibility for a new expansion not being announced tomorrow is if it's announced on Saturday. That's it.

They will not wait for some other gaming event, no matter how large, to announce a WoW expansion. They announce WoW expansions at Blizzcon.

And they are NOT waiting another year to announce the next expansion. Just not gonna happen.

I mean, MAYBE the cinematic with Sarg will save it in my eyes. But not having the burning legion end boss be sarg, and instead some random npc they made just for the occasion, would have been so much sweeter
    Having the last boss be sarg would kill it in my eyes, the guy can cleave fucking planets, how does one stand against that without some silly divine story arc that just ruins the whole experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not crazy but I think they will.

I think the most interesting thing about it will be if it will be a direct sequel to Legion or if they take a break and go off in some new direction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I only want them to announce legacy for one reason. Just to watch the shit show. Not that I would really be involved with it at all. But the shit show. It would be so real and entertaining to watch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I only want them to announce legacy for one reason. Just to watch the shit show. Not that I would really be involved with it at all. But the shit show. It would be so real and entertaining to watch.
    No matter what they do I guarantee a shit show on these forums the moment the trailer ends.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

He's a titan. The end boss is a titan. What is the difference?
    The titan we fight is a small one, nowhere near the power of Sarg or Azeroth (who is the strongest, should she ever be born) and has been used and broken for very long time, it's basically a shell of a weak Titan, not the second most powerful being in the known universe (if you subtract void lords)

And even then Argus kills us without effort. WHILE we are empowered by the pantheon.