Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I didn't like the cinematic. It wasn't even close to Wotlk or Legion cinematics to me. I guess I'll sit this expansion out. I'll chill a bit on classic server and revisit the old zones I guess
    That's me. The new expansion looks like PvP garbage. I'll sit it out.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Havokk, where are you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Lol at all the scrubs who said this would never happen and there was no demand.
    You must feel like idiots.
    They're probably still in denial. I guaranteed you they will keep posting about how it can't be done, it's like arguing with monkeys. One of the largest game developers in the world with AAAAAA funding can't recreate the same game they made nearly 15 years ago. Logic

Im loving every laugh right now.

Holy shit they did it.

FUCK YES!

well, shit

GG
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Wonder how they're gonna do raid content? On private servers it is all beaten so easily.
    Private server raid scripting is not like classic. I've only had a quick look at one server that is pretty popular, but we are talking about mechanics in Naxx where there is no Heigan teleporting for the tunnel run, no Razuvious mind control, etc.

Don't take private servers as a model for how a real classic server will work.

Also, since those servers are pretty much stuck on 1.12 since opening, they are already benefitting from all of the QOL additions and class changes that were added to the game. Clearing MC on 1.12 is not the same as clearing it on 1.5 for instance.

We'll have to see how they do it, patch wise.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-11-03 at 07:32 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    He probably spontaneously combusted from sheer joy.

"I guess I will sit this one out" based on the cinematic? WTF guys, why don't you wait until the "gasp" panel in a few minutes where we will learn a ton more, no way it is strictly pvp focused.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I'll probably still play retail as my main game. But give classic a go from time to time. Although will probably have to drop an MMO considering the time dedication.

I will be looking forward to all the posts a few weeks after its released, telling us how shit it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

Right here baby, i'm so fucking happy right now i can't quite put it into words, Fuck every single person that said no. Vanilla WoW FTW!!!!!

For years i have rambled on this forum about legacy servers, it feels to me as though blizzard themselves have listened to me and have actually done it! it's fucking crazy!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    "I guess I will sit this one out" based on the cinematic? WTF guys, why don't you wait until the "gasp" panel in a few minutes where we will learn a ton more, no way it is strictly pvp focused.
    Oh i will definetly sit this one out. There is not a doubt in my mind. I'm going all out old school.

Right. So they announced it. I knew right away when the guy (name escapes me) mentioned his favorite dessert is "ice cream". >.>

So, they're doing it. Question still remains is how they'll handle it. They did mention "special servers". I don't know, their wording kind of makes me think it won't be a separate game, but different server types within the main game's server list. Not sure how that'll work, that's just how it sounded to me.

I wonder which "version" of Vanilla WoW they'll do. Like, there's a bajillion different patches in Vanilla WoW's history, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    You're right. Vanilla doesn't even enter the stratosphere of MoP/Wrath. It isn't even nearly as good.
    Dream on

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Right. So they announced it. I knew right away when the guy (name escapes me) mentioned his favorite dessert is "ice cream". >.>

So, they're doing it. Question still remains is how they'll handle it. They did mention "special servers". I don't know, their wording kind of makes me think it won't be a separate game, but different server types within the main game's server list. Not sure how that'll work, that's just how it sounded to me.

I wonder which "version" of Vanilla WoW they'll do. Like, there's a bajillion different patches in Vanilla WoW's history, for example.
    It should go through the natural progression from patch to patch, from release up to the end of Wrath. I think it will be mishandled and won't be the actual experience, shit balance and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's surprising but good for them if they've got it figured out. Be interested to see the details later on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the salt from the anti-Legacy people is epic. Mmmmm tears of infinite sadness mmmmm. I'm going 21-8-22 Rogue again or Reckoning Bomb Paladin or 2 Hand Enhance or or or... OMG I don't even know.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    as far im concerned, the KING IS BACK, LONG LIVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT, LONG LIVE VANILLA WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You seem salty over something that doesn't hurt you at all.
    not at all - i'm a player of wow, so anything that supports wow and brings in money for them and keeps up player interest (ensuring future content) is very much in my interest.

i'm just saying that from the player side of things, that's what is going to happen.
    all of this joyous hype people are expressing is amusing to me because of how fundamentally disappointing it's going to end up being to nearly all of them, and how boringly predictable the entire cycle is going to be as it plays out.

social commentary... nothing regarding the game directly.