Question Horde controlled Kalimdor and Alliance controlled Eastern Kingdom

What will happen to classic BGs?
    Are they pretty much pointless then?
    Well, you can argue they have been pointless since vanilla I guess.

Does alliance take over Silvermoon City too?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    This is what I want to know. I assume we lose the battle for Lorderon, but what about Quel'thalas.

They give it to Night Elves who fix the whole town because the Blood Elves were too lazy to do it.
    Undercity is filled with dirt and they rebuild Lordaeron as another human city, because reasons.

Deleted
    Does this extent to lvl 1s etc?

Hm.. If they do this are they going to have to revamp the Starting Zones for races? This is going to be damned odd.. How much are they going to need to change to actually have a fully Horde/Alliance controlled version of each Continent? If they've burned Teldrassil where the hell are the Night Elves even going to live? O.O

I don't think so. The initial trailer shows the blue colors taking up to Lordaeron and stopping there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Hm.. If they do this are they going to have to revamp the Starting Zones for races? This is going to be damned odd.. How much are they going to need to change to actually have a fully Horde/Alliance controlled version of each Continent? If they've burned Teldrassil where the hell are the Night Elves even going to live? O.O
    They said nothing about revamp or changing old content, just enabling scaling. So, I'm not counting towards it. Maybe we will have phasing, and that's it.
    Whatever...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kalimdor is nasty though why do we have to be stuck there.

Just no. Leave everyone with their respective cities. Also let the worgen retake Gilneas while goblins get back their isles. Etc etc.

This xpac is gonna be so fucking awesome. I'm so excited for the subraces, and going back to the Alliance vs Horde conflict.

My guess is with a major choke point they are able to hold on to their territory but that's it. With the draenei being on islands they will hold out i suspect. Really it comes down to how this is going to be shown in game and is it a permanent situation. I the blood elves would likely settle near Hyjal to have access to the well since they would have lost the sunwell if silvermoon is lost. Undead could set up in the ruins of theramore

For the alliance i guess Night Elves take Silvermoon and draenei take uhhhhh i guess it wouldn't matter maybe they set up around UC/Plaguelands to try and help cleanse it of undeath.

That said it could be possible the Undead hold on to UC and it is under siege the entire xpac til the war comes to close. Maybe the fire didn't destroy everything for the Night Elves but made it so an attack from there is impossible for the time being.

From the trailer it didn't look like the Dreani islands went red, so if those colors are accurate I would imagine Silvermoon wouldn't go blue. It seems dumb of Blizzard to not take this opportunity to bring those two BC territories into the actual game world, but who knows. They might be war fronts.

in the trailer see azuremyst is fine and don't see quel'thalas but I guess is fine

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    They give it to Night Elves who fix the whole town because the Blood Elves were too lazy to do it.
    Undercity is filled with dirt and they rebuild Lordaeron as another human city, because reasons.
    I imagine the Worgen would move in there.

I suspect that was merely to emphasize the faction conflict. I would be very surprised if they were to split the two major kindoms by faction line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    My guess is with a major choke point they are able to hold on to their territory but that's it. With the draenei being on islands they will hold out i suspect. Really it comes down to how this is going to be shown in game and is it a permanent situation. I the blood elves would likely settle near Hyjal to have access to the well since they would have lost the sunwell if silvermoon is lost. Undead could set up in the ruins of theramore

For the alliance i guess Night Elves take Silvermoon and draenei take uhhhhh i guess it wouldn't matter maybe they set up around UC/Plaguelands to try and help cleanse it of undeath.

That said it could be possible the Undead hold on to UC and it is under siege the entire xpac til the war comes to close. Maybe the fire didn't destroy everything for the Night Elves but made it so an attack from there is impossible for the time being.
    Huh.... technically, how many draenei would remain on the islands if the Exodar left? Hmmm.