Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    No more PvP servers? Did I read that right? If people can opt out, won't that kill the entire idea of PvP servers?
    The entire idea of PvP servers died when they started getting super imbalanced... 5:1... 10:1... so when you roll a character on a PvP server, it's not really a PvP server anymore, because you can just look up which server gives you an extreme advantage and go there. Or else you end up stuck on a server where it's impossible to enjoy anything. There's no fun in getting steamrolled by 20 of the opposing faction when you land at a flightpath.

15+ Year Old Account
    seeing what has been announced so far, i think i'll take my money and go elsewhere.
    WoW has officially ran out of creativity and quality story telling.

i mean, seriously, we took down the last despot that tried that faction war (garrosh), and we just completed not one but two campaigns using allies from both the alliance and the horde which took care of some of the worst evils in the universe (the burning legion), and now we're supposed to march back into the stupid faction war?
    seriously, the only reasonable reaction RP wise from any player character would be to step into the face of his/her faction leaders and "explain", politely, that our armies aren't interested in restarting the whole pointless conflict, and that in fact if they really really want a war then our order halls are more then capable of handing them their heads on a platter, and that's not even considering the fact that RP wise we are heroes of our factions and could probably beat our leaders in both a real and a publicity fight (after all, the alliance solders on the battlefield saw their leaders fleeing from the burning legion, while us, the big heroes, stepped up and beat the invasion)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't give vanilla, they are developing wow 2 a.k.a. classics. There's no money in vanilla wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve21092 View Post
    The community on this site is the fucking worst, LUL. They give vanilla servers, 'south sea" islands, Azshara, and subraces but the neckbeards still find a way to complain.
    We just fought demons titans gods and the legion and you want us to be excited about pirates LMAO

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I don't think it will be the case. Most likely simply under siege or something. If you look at leak from book published yesterday, it mentions Undercity as if it was in big trouble, but it still was there and belonged to horde.
    That's not how they're making it sound. They've said several times in several ways that the entire continents will be controlled by the horde and alliance respectively.
    I don't see how we could continue to have a city in the sewers underneath a new alliance city on a landmass they control completely.... that wouldn't make sense.

I'm holding out hope that they find a cool and interesting way to phase this or something like that - but if it turns out we're just completely losing undercity entirely, then I am more angry than I have ever been about any change this game has ever made in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Now you know how the humans felt when they lost it to those filthy undead to begin with. We're just taking back what is ours. Suck it up, buttercup.
    Champ - the Forsaken living in Undercity right now ARE THE REANIMATED PEOPLE of that city. We didn't "take" anything - we moved back into the ruins of our own city after we were killed and turned into zombies, and our city was destroyed by the scourge. The only person in the Forsaken faction that isn't actually from Lordaeron is the Dark Lady herself - the rest of us are exactly where we were before the events of Frozen Throne.

Maybe you shore L2Lore before you go around beating your chest. None of the playable humans on the alliance faction are from Lordaeron - that's why you start out on the other side of the damn world in Stormwind. e_e You want Strom? Have fun. You want to re-take all the plaugelands? You want to go take Stratholme back? HAVE FUN! That's all yours. Lordaeron is our home, and it always has been. If anyone here is "taking it" it would be your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The fuck do you mean? That's the only thing I care at this moment. Flying first, things to fly to - later.
    Sir, do you need some "hugsplz"?

Quite underwhelming, but I do like the extra race options and a neutral setting rather than fel green for 2 years.

But when it comes to features, what a letdown. I was hoping they'd come up with some original path of progression in place of AP but we get a watered down version of artifacts instead. So LAME!

The 3 man scenario thing and the raid scenario better be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Xpacs also bring some lore.
    Here we have an absence of lore. "We'll fight against the Alliance/Horde because, well, we don't have anything else to do, lul".

Also, WoD brought Garrison and Legion brought Artifacts as completely new mechanics.
    That's true about lore.

As for new mechanics, we have some necklace AP nonsense to worry about and randomised scenarios. Not entirely new, but newish. Garrison and Artifact were shit (though quest lines were cool), I'd rather not see new feature like that in WoW ever again.

Pathetic whining as usual, Blizzard aren't going to give details about the entire expansion for you over 1 weekend, there will obviously be some surprises along the way. Do you have any clue what a story arc is? who knows what's to come, that's the exciting part, it might be old gods influencing the major players to fight each other so they can benefit from the destruction, or it might not be that, why don't you wait and find out like 90% of the player base will instead of trying to look edgy and cool by threatening to quit for good (which by the way, we all know won't happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    WQs are just a progression from Daily Quests which have been around for a LOOOONG time.
    WQs were usefull until you were excalted with the faction. Then they were useless. And most dailies were not needed for raiding because they didn't give an epic item in the end. Now with WQs if you are not doing them you fall behind. It is different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asking the real question: will they increase the number of character slots ?

im curious about the new spells now also can we actually farm weapons again?
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    Did you just say that Vanilla was not a grind ?
    Not for me. Most people were just logging in for raid night. Now in Legion you are expected to do WQs and mythic+ if you want to raid. You need to play the game much more often than back in classic. MoP was probably the best time because there you could do most things with very little time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    WQs were usefull until you were excalted with the faction. Then they were useless. And most dailies were not needed for raiding because they didn't give an epic item in the end. Now with WQs if you are not doing them you fall behind. It is different.
    Also there is RPG issue. When taking daily quest player went to NPC to talk, got quest, then handed it over. World quests don't make any sense there - no lore connection, no faction connection - just fast todo junk that randomly spawns and despawns for no apparent reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    well, that does it, i think i'll now take my money elsewhere
    WoW writing has hit rock bottom

i mean, why would we split along faction lines at this point? i could maybe see the order halls going to war with each other, but there's no reason to go back to faction warfare.
    in fact, from an RP point of view. we, the heroes of azeroth, would be more likely to kick out any leader who suggested such an idea on the assumption he's either too self centered, or corrupted by outside influence (and we have the power to do it, remember most of us lead our united cross faction order halls, with the best gear and warriors at our disposal).

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That's true about lore.

As for new mechanics, we have some necklace AP nonsense to worry about and randomised scenarios. Not entirely new, but newish. Garrison and Artifact were shit (though quest lines were cool), I'd rather not see new feature like that in WoW ever again.
    Yes of course I'm not defending or arguing in favor (or not) of those features. But Garrisons and Artifact were completely new mechanics and that is always good to take.

Plus, even though WoD Garrisons were a complete failure, I liked the improvements made in Legion (with class quests, some were very interesting). And the Artifact is nice if you take away the grind part. Cool weapon, with talent tree (well that was true at the beginning, where you had to chose the talents you wanted, now it's just a clickfest), several skins.

The fact that Battle for Azeroth doesn't bring anything new makes me feel it is a complete filler expansion, where we will have to fight against the other faction just because we didn't find anything else to do.

But I guess we'll understand more about the story when we'll understand why Sylvanas decides to burn down Teldrassil...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    im curious about the new spells now also can we actually farm weapons again?
    He did mention that we won't be using artifact weapons anymore, so most likely yes

Bet the Alliance wished they had listened to Jaina when she demanded Varian to dismantle the Horde at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    No more PvP servers? Did I read that right? If people can opt out, won't that kill the entire idea of PvP servers?
    The keyword here is freedom of choice. Where I come from, that's a good thing. There will be people that wants to world pvp all the time, then u have those that don't want world pvp. Then u have people like me that once in a while enjoyes some world pvp but most of the time i just want to do my quests and not have some fat 16 year old kid with his equally fat buddies gank me 24/7. Having the option to opt in and out of world pvp is long overdue and is win-win for everyone.

Deleted
    More allied races planned... Ogre playable race still lives!