Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    We want it and that's why there even is popular private servers. Just face it.
    They are also popular to some extent because they are completely free. Just face it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by MetzenPlease View Post
    HAHAHAHA anyone who ever said "it's only rose-tinted glasses" can get fucked. Fucking drones. How long before legacy servers have a higher player-base than current expansions? :thinking:
    I said it was partly nostalgia.

BUT HEAR ME OUT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia. It's a good thing to have sentiment. I do with retro games such as the Mega Drive era. Only problem is some people in here try and paint it as a bad thing but it's really not.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long before legacy servers have a higher player-base than current expansions? :thinking:
    You are delusional.

A fair few will play classic sure, but current wow is nowhere near the state it would need to be in for everyone to just go over and play classic instead.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    They are also popular to some extent because they are completely free. Just face it.
    Yeah no thanks. I'd rather play officially and not risk losing my characters.

Nah. I have wanted to but never played them because im not dumping vanilla hours into a character that might just go up in smoke one day.

I would much rather pay to play on official servers. I am betting the official server(s) will see much higher numbers than the free ones. There is value in what you're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Nah. I have wanted to but never played them because im not dumping vanilla hours into a character that might just go up in smoke one day.

I would much rather pay to play on official servers. I am betting the official server(s) will see much higher numbers than the free ones. There is value in what you're paying for.
    Exactly. Quality, no risk of losing your character, better coded, closer to an authentic experience if they have the health/mob data leftover, modern Battle.net support which I believe will be a thing and I've been chatting to a blue here and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm just happy all of this is happening without any involvement with Mark Kern!
    Agreed. That'd be a nearly 100% guarantee the game would fail. Especially if that guy wasn't just involved, but also at the helm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Okay I fucking love the new expansion concept but please give me more details about WoW Classic
    I honestly doubt it'll be a feature of the next expansion, considering it wasn't mentioned in the "what's next" WoW panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Agreed. That'd be a nearly 100% guarantee the game would fail. Especially if that guy wasn't just involved, but also at the helm.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly doubt it'll be a feature of the next expansion, considering it wasn't mentioned in the "what's next" WoW panel.
    Nah. He alone wouldn't make it fail. He just jumped on the bandwagon for attention because his own MMO failed hard.

Competence wise I'd trust him with Vanilla but not to lead it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Probably before the end of the year, and I think so of the Nostalrius devs are working for blizzard on it.
    Classic Havokk nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. Quality, no risk of losing your character, better coded, closer to an authentic experience if they have the health/mob data leftover, modern Battle.net support which I believe will be a thing and I've been chatting to a blue here and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post

Yes, there are people like you who wouldn't want to spent a ton of time and then lose a character, but it's extremely naive of you to think that there are not plenty of people playing on illegal servers simply because it is free. People were playing for free on private servers during vanilla.
    Speciation Is Gradual

HAHAHAHA anyone who ever said "it's only rose-tinted glasses" can get fucked. Fucking drones. How long before legacy servers have a higher player-base than current expansions? :thinking:
    Sure, sure, Havokk 2.0.

Yes, there are people like you who wouldn't want to spent a ton of time and then lose a character, but it's extremely naive of you to think that there are not plenty of people playing on illegal servers simply because it is free.
    Never said there wasn't.

Just the risk is less on an official one.

I'd be pretty pissed if I got to 60, had full tier 3 and Atiesh, Black tank and then BAM deleted.

I lost my character once on FF11 because my account was compromised and it took an uphill struggle with support to get it back. I had put so much time into each job at the time as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Okay I fucking love the new expansion concept but please give me more details about WoW Classic
    Euh...it's vanilla, what's there to be told about? Probably that you can't migrate there, can't sell WoW tokens there, no zone scaling, no flex raiding and no LFD/LFR.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe2ce964e; 2017-11-03 at 09:00 PM.

No, I actually played Vanilla, I'm also no longer in school and can piss away time in that manner.

Nah. He alone wouldn't make it fail. He just jumped on the bandwagon for attention because his own MMO failed hard.
    What he did to the previous game he worked on prior to all the pirate server nonsense say otherwise. He was a train driver intentionally driving the train into a wreck. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What he did to the previous game he worked on prior to all the pirate server nonsense say otherwise. He was a train driver intentionally driving the train into a wreck. =/
    Not denying Firefall was garbage.

But you can't exactly mess up a game that already fully exists.

I said it was partly nostalgia.

BUT HEAR ME OUT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia. It's a good thing to have sentiment. I do with retro games such as the Mega Drive era. Only problem is some people in here try and paint it as a bad thing but it's really not.
    the real question is, how many people will stick to legacy servers, im sure alot of people will try it to relive the nostalgia, but i expect most of them to go back to live after they realize questing and leveling was mess, there were barely any mechanics, classes were literally one/two button specs, etc. I seriously doubt anyone is interested longitme in warlock gameplay with soulshards filling half of your inventory, needing reagents for buffs, group limitations, where every melee wants into shaman group for WF totem, your spec being trash, because bosses are imunne to your spells, needing whole raid have crafted onyxia cloak for nefarian etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the real question is, how many people will stick to legacy servers, im sure alot of people will try it to relive the nostalgia, but i expect most of them to go back to live after they realize questing and leveling was mess, there were barely any mechanics, classes were literally one/two button specs, etc. I seriously doubt anyone is interested longitme in warlock gameplay with soulshards filling half of your inventory, needing reagents for buffs, group limitations, where every melee wants into shaman group for WF totem, your spec being trash, because bosses are imunne to your spells, needing whole raid have crafted onyxia cloak for nefarian etc...
    I'd probably just play a Hunter because I always go for easy classes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    And on top of that the prospect of no new content to come to that server...

I hope it's exactly like classic was. Warlock was so complex to play with in a raid.

Oh wait, I bound shadow bolt to my mouse wheel with my cookie cutter 30/0/21 spec and kept CoS up when other debuffs dropped it. That was some complex raiding.