Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So if you main only one faction Battle for Azeroth has 3 zones.

That's bad.
    The other 3 open up at max level. So that allows for the zones to be tailored towards a certain faction while also providing content for all players. You're probably gonna be able to do the quests of the other faction as world quests at max level. Sounds interesting. Willing to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    3 for levelling then 6 at max level
    This. You get to go to the other faction's island once you hit max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The other 3 open up at max level. So that allows for the zones to be tailored towards a certain faction while also providing content for all players. You're probably gonna be able to do the quests of the other faction as world quests at max level. Sounds interesting. Willing to give it a try.
    Sounds like garbage. World quests are NOT the same as leveling quests. You won't be getting a cohesive story, you'll be getting a talking head 6-10 times per day telling you briefly why you're killing or collecting something with very little context or backstory at all. Also ZERO npc interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan View Post
    This. You get to go to the other faction's island once you hit max level.
    But is this just for WQ or do we get to do the story on both sides?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Did you not play through Legion? Scaling. You are just as powerful at 101 in your zone as a 110 is.
    The PLAYERS. Not the mobs. The lvl 120 players come to YOUR zone you're leveling in when they hit cap.

Leveling is one thing, you do it once and forget it. But doing world quests and emissaries in only 3 zones feels really bad.

Think of the wine quest in Suramar. In the wquest version, you go and stomp grapes from some other dude and that's it. In the actual quest, you infiltrate the area and walk around with her and she pretends to give you a tour while passing important info back and forth, and there's story and immersion and she dies and you're pissed/sad and want to get vengeance.

If the opposite faction max level quests are just world quests, you don't get to have those npc interactions. You just go and stomp some fuckin' grapes and don't know why and that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Sounds like garbage. World quests are NOT the same as leveling quests. You won't be getting a cohesive story, you'll be getting a talking head 6-10 times per day telling you briefly why you're killing or collecting something with very little context or backstory at all. Also ZERO npc interaction.
    Then level a character of the other faction if you care about their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    If we are really going to have 3 zones to level in and then 3 zones for max level, that's cool.
    That's exactly what's been announced, so yes it's really cool.
    I guess OP loves drama.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyla View Post
    This was my first concern when I saw this. I only play horde. I really hope that does not limit me to only Zandalar continent.
    We'll be locked to Zandalar for lv 110-119, when we get to 120 we can hop on over to Kul Tiras (and vice versa for Alliance)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by RHDS View Post
    Leveling is one thing, you do it once and forget it. But doing world quests and emissaries in only 3 zones feels really bad.
    No, 3 + 3 = 6

Read. Front. Page. Again.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

6 zones total 3 of them locked at max level and they look pretty giant. Doesn't seem bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Then level a character of the other faction if you care about their story.
    This game has been out for like TWELVE FUCKING YEARS. A lot of us already have all classes to max level and some people don't play both factions. The only other time I completely missed out on a ZONE worth of lore is back in WoD with starter zones, and I bitched back then, too. This is three times as bad.

Wait for the Q&A to confirm if the end level "Content" is just World Quests. I would agree, that would be disappointing, but I'm guessing this War Campaign will have actual story related content on the end level zones.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    But is this just for WQ or do we get to do the story on both sides?
    I'm not sure, but what I understood is that we settle small bases on the other island -- so I assume there will be WQs and some story. We were told we'll get more information later.

Have you seen how big the 3 zones are?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Wait for the Q&A to confirm if the end level "Content" is just World Quests. I would agree, that would be disappointing, but I'm guessing this War Campaign will have actual story related content on the end level zones.
    It feels like it's world quests and invasion type "map generator" stuff, plus there is the great warzone thingie. But so far, that's all what we've heard.

I know what's happened. This expansion entered the pipeline when TES:O was The Hot Shit™.

6 endgame zones, 3 leveling.

This does mean that the leveling experience will be very short which I won't complain about. Keep in mind that the broken isles only had 4 leveling zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This game has been out for like TWELVE FUCKING YEARS
    Exactly. Most people have tried out both factions. Did you also bitch about Frostfire and Shadowmoon? Or about faction-specific quests in TBC and Wrath? If you care about their story, play it. If you have to level up a new character to get there, you have some nice new options to pick from with subraces. If you play Horde, take a dark iron dwarf. Or a Void Elf. It's literally a Blood Elf with Void wings. What will leveling that up take, like two days? Stop complaining, we have probably more level up content with these 6 zones than we had with the 4 leveling zones in Legion.