Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    The darndest thing i could swear that the battle of azeroth picture shows them with drenai legs? Could be a customization option i suppose...
    No, its just the unfortunate angle. If those were Dranei legs, the Voidelf wouldnt wear boots, or you could see the hoof. The pose is like landing after a jump or something like that. They dont have goat legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yup...Horde gets two new models, Alliance gets three reskins.
    Nightborne is basically a Night Elf reskin.

Your point is only correct about Zandalari Trolls. But Void Elves >> Nightborne (IMO) so it kinda evens out.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'm curious why they didn't make the allied races neutral. As an alliance player, I now feel like I helped hordies via Highmountain and Suramar. If I was Horde, I'd be wondering why I'm still helping Alliance Lightforged Draenei and the Void Elves.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Any idea about what classes these races can play? Wondering specifically if we'll be able to get a druid on the horde side that can wear boots...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    ugh. absolutely disgusted we are not getting naga as a playable race, and we are facing azshara in the second raid =.=
    Never know...could end up being just a setback

Deleted
    Nothing new gameplay-wise. Just some added visuals so you can get hyped and play all the content over again.. one more time. lol

I am very worried. 7.3.5 is being hyped a lot. The expansion is more than 10 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm curious why they didn't make the allied races neutral. As an alliance player, I now feel like I helped hordies via Highmountain and Suramar. If I was Horde, I'd be wondering why I'm still helping Alliance Lightforged Draenei and the Void Elves.
    100% agree with you. I think they missed the boat here, these sub races should have been faction neutral to start and let the player choose. Big miss there.

10+ Year Old Account
    zandalari trolls are also a reskin. females are that, just female trolls, while the males are night elves (if i remember correctly from tot)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You could easily level five of the six races in the faction race starting zones most similar to them. The only stand out would be leveling a Void Elf in the Night Elf starting zone since they are so thematically different. Maybe that's why they burned Teldrassil down.
    That won't be a problem at all... seeing what happens to Teldrasill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Nightborne is basically a Night Elf reskin.

Your point is only correct about Zandalari Trolls. But Void Elves >> Nightborne (IMO) so it kinda evens out.
    Not really...Nightborne look similar but they're different...not just a obvious reskin...unlike the albino elves Alliance are getting. Plus Highmountain Tauren look pretty damn cool compared to dark skinned Dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Actually, that's a really good idea.

What I'm curious about is, when they said you could roll an Allied Race and start at level 20. Is it held to class specific or can we finally have Shaman Void Elves?

Well for the Horde they are a group of Races one built with established lore over many expansions, two totally relevant to the current expansion and deeply seeded into the game. For the Alliance they are... Dark Irons... I guess, they haven't really been relevant in a long time and two totally out of left field. Goth elves, elves that are like... pale and goth and stuff because like, the shadow and stuff man. and yellow eyed Draenei, who are like... all yellow eyed because like, the light and stuff man. These races need to be unlocked through current expansion questing for your main, so that you can unlock the privilege to spend a weeks leveling more alts from 1-120 and get your special armor for doing so! Keep payin' that sweet sweet sub fee and you can level all 6 from 1-120... though I hope you don't already have full Alt slots because you'll need to delete some 110 alts to make room.

Seems like more allied races will be added throught patches.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how suramar elves are a sub race of blood elves and how high elves are a subrace of nigh elves? are you drunk?

Orcs evolved from ogres, they can go as subrace if the other can
    Orcs and ogres look totally different. I never said high elves are a subrace of night elves. They are Blood Elves essentially, just without fel, and now they are Void Elves (barf).

If they introduce Ogres then it will be as it's own race. Which is what they wanted to do initially in Cataclysm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Orcs and ogres look totally different. I never said high elves are a subrace of night elves. They are Blood Elves essentially, just without fel, and now they are Void Elves (barf).

If they introduce Ogres then it will be as it's own race. Which is what they wanted to do initially in Cataclysm.
    void elves are a totally different race from night elves and look totally different, yet they are here, so they can put ogres as subrace too

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Okay here I'm going to make a chart of the new "allied races" and presumed playable classes. Comparing and contrasting to their counterpart.

Lightforged Draenai: Likely: Paladin, Priest, Warrior, Mage. Maybe: Shaman, Monk, Hunter, Rogue. Highly unlikely: Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Warlock, Druid. Only thing possibly new from Draenai is Rogue. Unless they surprise me and give them druids or something.

Dark Iron Dwarf. Same as Regular dwarf. I highly doubt they'll get Druid which is the only class they don't have access too. It if was wildhammer I could see warlock being replaced by druid but not with dark iron. In fact they might lose monk and death knight if anything.

Void Elf: Likely: Priest, Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Warlock. Maybe: Monk. Highly unlikely: Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Paladin, Shaman. I mean maybe shaman? But I highly doubt it. In this case they'd have all the races of blood elf except while missing some like paladin. Meaning their only special is being available to the alliance.

Zandalari: Pretty much some as current. However I feel like druid will be replaced with Paladin. Zandalari "Freethinkers" Were an example of troll paladins and considering how trolls got druidism I find it unlikely for the Zandalari to get access to them. They may also not gain access to monk or death knight.

Highmountain Tauren: Honestly? Same as regular druids. Except they might loose druid. Only thing they might gain is rogue, but even that I found unlikely. Oh true they may also lose paladin.

Nightbourn: Likely: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Warlock. Maybe: Monk, Priest. Highly unlikely: Demon hunters, Death Knights, Paladin, Druid, Shaman.

On a semi unrelated note. I am most excited for Nightbourn as I love their look and their lore.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Deleted
    they planned more allied races! High Hope for Horde Ogre!

Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    100% agree with you. I think they missed the boat here, these sub races should have been faction neutral to start and let the player choose. Big miss there.
    Yeah, my main pro argument for implementing subraces was to give the opposite faction access to all racial bonuses, to help offset potential imbalance.

a third faction would have been a good addition too, but i can only shudder to think how much code they'd need to majorly alter to wedge that into the game at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syegfryed View Post
    void elves are a totally different race from night elves and look totally different, yet they are here, so they can put ogres as subrace too
    Void elves are not night elves. They are blood elves. Can you read?