Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation [8.0] Battle Shout is back!

Just thought about starting a thread, to get some early discussion going. Watched one of the demo videos for BfA and found this in the bar:

https://gyazo.com/6696596b6109a4a9da09c0fe3ecd9dda

What else would you like to see changed?

What do you think will we get back?

(No worries about the quality, I'm just a tad cheap right now. https://gyazo.com/fef4a9464c9fe88114cda221be82ee64 )

Question to anybody who played warrior at Blizzcon:

What other abilities do we get back? Spell Reflect? Intervene? Outside of shout, the action bars look INSANELY sparse. The screenshot doesn't even have hamstring....

1 hour buff, 5% increase to agility and strength.
    https://i.imgur.com/Oxl2ssd.jpg

dunno about other abilities, the dude in the video never opened the spellbook as far as I could tell.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2017-11-03 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    1 hour buff, 5% increase to agility and strength.
    https://i.imgur.com/Oxl2ssd.jpg

dunno about other abilities, the dude in the video never opened the spellbook as far as I could tell.
    So buffs and Debuffs are back!

I wouldn't get excited about anything from Blizzcon, you're playing like pre-alpha content. The game, class design, spells etc all change massively during the alpha and beta.. Interesting to give wow another bash though, it feels like an age since I played Legion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

They actually make core mechanics in stone pretty early. It's not hard to remove raid buffs and re-balance encounters, but class mechanics will be set in stone pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Just thought about starting a thread, to get some early discussion going. Watched one of the demo videos for BfA and found this in the bar:

https://gyazo.com/6696596b6109a4a9da09c0fe3ecd9dda

What else would you like to see changed?

What do you think will we get back?

(No worries about the quality, I'm just a tad cheap right now. https://gyazo.com/fef4a9464c9fe88114cda221be82ee64 )
    Where can I check that video?

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    It's a video included in the virtual ticket. Not sure if its around somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    They actually make core mechanics in stone pretty early. It's not hard to remove raid buffs and re-balance encounters, but class mechanics will be set in stone pretty early.
    That's not true at all, I've been in from the alpha of the last 2 expansions, and it couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    That's not true at all, I've been in from the alpha of the last 2 expansions, and it couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to class design.
    What changed for fury warriors from alpha to release? Aside from artifact ability change. (I genuinely don't know, I thought basic abilities and rotation haven't changed much)

What changed for fury warriors from alpha to release? Aside from artifact ability change. (I genuinely don't know, I thought basic abilities and rotation haven't changed much)
    The best example to look at is the WOD Alpha and Beta phase, since what was present in the Alpha was like a different game to what came fairly shortly later and then during the middle of the beta they up and changed it all with Fury, while Arms was spamming whirlwind aimlessly (even instead of MS at one point) until late Beta with seemingly no direction, and pruning of abilities occuring throughout.

Legion Alpha was way more polished and progressed than WOD and had "abilities" set in stone for the most part, but that ultimately only boils down to them renaming some spells (like wild strike) and adding rampage, but things changed massively in terms of functionality and gameplay across the alpha and beta, the way Rampage worked was very different, for a time Enrage duration was reduced by haste and players were really fighting Blizzard on a lot of stuff that took literally 6months + to get set on the right path.. Until late beta even Blizzard were saying they were happy with the design while all the players had were complaints, and big changes came late on.

Honestly though I can't remember all the details about Legion Fury, I played Arms in Legion and stopped playing early in 2017 so I'm hazy on retail, let alone the alpha.. I'd have to delve back into my youtube videos, I did make a few 45+min videos and stream highlights from the alpha phase. Go check Bajeera WOD day 1 Alpha footage though, and then check some late beta or release footage, because WOD was hilarious in this respect.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-03 at 11:39 PM.

Oh ok, I'm wrong then. It's just Legion alpha/beta that was a bit conservative in warrior changes to my taste and it might be historical accident and they do not have rules regarding large scale overhauls of class mechanics. My bad.

Wasn't Legion Alpha Fury the one which first had Heroic Strike, then a talent which turned our melee swings to fire, and after that we simply spammed Hamstring on CD. Classes and specs change constantly during the Alpha and Beta phases.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Wasn't Legion Alpha Fury the one which first had Heroic Strike, then a talent which turned our melee swings to fire, and after that we simply spammed Hamstring on CD. Classes and specs change constantly during the Alpha and Beta phases.
    that was wod warrior, and then they just ended up removing heroic strike and ignite weapon

Seems like stances might be back as well, if so, yasssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Yup, that was Ignite Weapon, which they pretty much made into a new Antorus Trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Maybe this one...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellcron/videos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaught93 View Post
    Seems like stances might be back as well, if so, yasssssss.
    You mean more macros (cough "skill" cough) again. Sure, best design ever.

Btw to all of you who welcome that raidbuffs are back: You do realize, their removal is a QoL change, because "when everyone is buffed, then no one is buffed".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    You mean more macros (cough "skill" cough) again. Sure, best design ever.

Btw to all of you who welcome that raidbuffs are back: You do realize, their removal is a QoL change, because "when everyone is buffed, then no one is buffed".
    In well composed raid sure. In 5-man and solo content you won't get all the buffs. I like the fact that my solo dps is pretty close to raid dps, so not that happy about the change, not sure what it accomplishes.