Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If Blizzard really wanted to give Alliance another Elf class, why not just High Elves

Don't get me wrong, the new races are pretty neat. But if Blizzard really did want to give Alliance another elf class why didn't they just give us High Elves? They are already still technically with the Alliance, and lets be honest, the models of these new elves are just Blood/ High elves. The argument that "it would be the same as blood elves" doesn't even stand here since Pandas are on both sides, and now with these new elves, it is basically the same as blood elves running around on the opposite faction.

Also rip Horde getting Nightborne, I liked those guys >

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will have a toggle to toggle off the "void" like Alleria does..

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Good point, I did not even think about this, derp :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves maybe work like Worgen?

more planned...

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I had hoped the 'Void Elf' was a stupid temp name or NPC, and hoped the Alliance was getting High Elves. Alas, they are getting shadow/void aligned/corrupted elves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because high elves would unbalance the population. Void Elves will, too, but nowhere near the extent high elves were. In fact, the fact they chose void elves over high elves only further supports my belief that Blizzard is against adding them for that very reason.

Interested in allied races, just a bit disappointed they decided to start with the majority of them being races no one knew existed a year ago rather than Mag'har, Forest Trolls, Wildhammer, etc, that people have been asking for for years.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

It's good enough for me. I'm sure we can opt out of the eye makeup and purple skin color anyway, just like the other races. Maybe we can even choose eye color. I just hope they can be druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Void Elves maybe work like Worgen?
    No. I thought a Void Elf would be the form Alleria had after eating the Naaru and that there MIGHT be a toggle, but it's clear that the zombie elf you are getting is not going to have an off switch.

if you want to play a proper thalassian elf, you'll have to play blood elf.

But mark this.

If Void Elves aren't enough for you, then you will never be happy. Ever.

Void Elves are IT. You will never click a box marked High Elf and play one in World of Warcraft.

So if you really wanted to play a thalassian elf on the Aliiance, accept you'll look like a week old cadaver while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    So if you really wanted to play a thalassian elf on the Aliiance, accept you'll look like a week old cadaver while doing so.
    Wee don't know the customization range of hair color and skins, but I'm pretty sure we won't all have white skin and black hair.

This past few weeks I was saying that we would get a slightly modified blood elf, and people were calling me crazy, wishing for void elves to have tentacles and claws or perma-void form and other obnoxious stuff. I stood my ground and got it right (the only thing I got wrong was the purple eyes; instead they even have high elf blue eyes!)

So, I'm pretty sure we will have other skins colors, some darker, some lighter, as well as hair colors.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Wee don't know the customization range of hair color and skins, but I'm pretty sure we won't all have white skin and black hair.

This past few weeks I was saying that we would get a slightly modified blood elf, and people were calling me crazy, wishing for void elves to have tentacles and claws or perma-void form and other obnoxious stuff. I stood my ground and got it right (the only thing I got wrong was the purple eyes; instead they even have high elf blue eyes!)

So, I'm pretty sure we will have other skins colors, some darker, some lighter, as well as hair colors.
    Yeah you were right, although I think they ended up being a bit more extreme in tones of colouration than you were expecting.

Still, being right once does not mean you are right always. These are Void Elves and they clearly want to show there is a price to dabbling with the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably may work like the Worgen: they can look 'normal' while outside combat, but immediately revert back to 'void mode' when entering combat.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yeah you were right, although I think they ended up being a bit more extreme in tones of colouration than you were expecting.
    I was expecting some extreme options, actually. I even mentioned blue and white skin.

- They won't be heavily changed. Those who expect them to be fully voidy or withered or wretched are deluding themselves. You can't make a successful feature by enraging the customers that wanted that feature in the first place. They will have different eyes, hair colors, maybe patches of taint over their skin, but you can bet they'll still be reckognizable as "almost high elves".

- Conceptually speaking, we have night elves and "day" (blood) elves. The nightborne and void elves will probably be, respectively, "dawn" and "dusk" elves. In other words, the nightborne are "dawning", they are night elves moving towards the day. As such, I'll risk saying that void elves will be "dusking": their "light" is dimming, their colors are fading. I think they'll be "day" elves moving towards the night.

(...)

- About their appearance, I'll guess: purple eyes; skins varying from the lighter tones of the blood elves to even paler ones, maybe a few white or light blue skin tones; their hair colors will use the lighter tones of the blood elves, plus a few new light blue, purple, black, grey or true white colors.

(...)

- I think some options will allow you to make your void elf very alike a standard high elf, with a blue eye, light skin color and no markings. Kinda like you can make a demon hunter without blindfold and horns. However, there'll be way more options that deviate from that look.
    While I did not get everything right, I did get very close to the mark, and I think they will have a few "more normal" skin and hair colors.
    Whatever...

Dks can choose normal skin colors... and they're f-ing dead... so I think we'll have options with void elves.

The wings are the only thing that strikes me as really obnoxious and I wonder if they'll be toggleable. It's like having permanent obnoxious shoulders mogged if they're not.

Actually I wonder if they'll be usable for a flying mount similar to worgen's ground mount racial ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting some extreme options, actually. I even mentioned blue and white skin.

While I did not get everything right, I did get very close to the mark, and I think they will have a few "more normal" skin and hair colors.
    I doubt they will have normal skin and hair colours. They have to leave Blood Elves something. Besides, it's the void elves abandoning normality, not the Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    Dks can choose normal skin colors... and they're f-ing dead... so I think we'll have options with void elves.

The wings are the only thing that strikes me as really obnoxious and I wonder if they'll be toggleable. It's like having permanent obnoxious shoulders mogged if they're not.

Actually I wonder if they'll be usable for a flying mount similar to worgen's ground mount racial ability.
    Again, they'll have to leave the Blood Elves something. I think you'll have a colour range from light purple to bone white with dark or bright white hair styles, maybe a lank blonde.

In terms of classes I imagine Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Warlock and Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are High Elves. Look at the eyes... they are blue. Their purple symbols like Naaru are just the shoulder race armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post

Those wings are part of the armor set you get for reaching level 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Those wings are part of the armor set you get for reaching level 120.
    That's good. The void elf is actually levitating in the video so they seemed more than just racial armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's good enough for me. I'm sure we can opt out of the eye makeup and purple skin color anyway, just like the other races. Maybe we can even choose eye color. I just hope they can be druids.
    This, in as much a way you can make your demon hunter look like a regular elf, I'm confident void elves will have enough customization options to look like a high elf. I get the impetus to not give the alliance just blood elves but with blue eyes so if void elves have this distinct fantasy, yet are allowed to look like high elves for cosmetic reasons, I think this is as close as we'll get, and I'm okay with that.