Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not denying Firefall was garbage.

But you can't exactly mess up a game that already fully exists.
    You would be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Well they would have to go to the extreme and add LFD, LFR, the WoW token (gold was a bigger deal back then) and other stuff that doesn't belong in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by MetzenPlease View Post
    HAHAHAHA anyone who ever said "it's only rose-tinted glasses" can get fucked. Fucking drones. How long before legacy servers have a higher player-base than current expansions? :thinking:
    Considering classic WoW will be stuck on Vanilla (since otherwise it won't be classic) people will probably prefer a game that gets new content.
    The only way Classic WoW can survive is if you can play it next to the normal WoW (included in standard subscription).
    Sure at first it will be filled with plenty of people, but a part of that will stop due to nostalgia wearing off, another part due to no new content etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Considering classic WoW will be stuck on Vanilla (since otherwise it won't be classic) people will probably prefer a game that gets new content.
    The only way Classic WoW can survive is if you can play it next to the normal WoW (included in standard subscription).
    Sure at first it will be filled with plenty of people, but a part of that will stop due to nostalgia wearing off, another part due to no new content etc. etc.
    Oh just stop with acting like Nostalgia is a bad thing already.

It's boring as hell to read.

There has been shown interest for the version and Blizzard are taking notice of it just as other devs have with their games.

Well they would have to go to the extreme and add LFD, LFR, the WoW token (gold was a bigger deal back then) and other stuff that doesn't belong in Vanilla.
    http://crixa.io/2016/05/wow-legacy-survey-info/

"Only 15% wanted vanilla to never be upgraded. Anecdotally, I received many tweets (@Grummz, btw), that said TBC (Burning Crusade) was the sweet spot they would like to play."

Not sure if it was just his wording, but he always rubbed me the wrong way with the way he presented and handled information. It was like sly political maneuvering, using popular demand to get his way. I never really saw him as an ideal representative, and I wouldn't know if he'd really contribute to making an 'authentic' Vanilla experience if so much of his discussion on potential developement was being fueled by crowdsourced opinions. Maybe that's what fans want to see, but I think Vanilla needs a Vanilla visionary to keep things in check, not a middleman. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-03 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    http://crixa.io/2016/05/wow-legacy-survey-info/

"Only 15% wanted vanilla to never be upgraded. Anecdotally, I received many tweets (@Grummz, btw), that said TBC (Burning Crusade) was the sweet spot they would like to play."
    And maybe we will see a TBC server. Classic doesn't just mean Vanilla after all.

Anywho next SC2 game is about to start on stage so gonna go silent for a bit.

I'd probably just play a Hunter because I always go for easy classes!
    just remember, your pets had diets and were eating only certain food, you had to keep their happiness on 125% through constant feeding, otherwise their performance dropped and even eventually abandoned you if you didnt care for them, if you wanted to catch fish for them, the channel was actually 60s one with random catches instead of 20s one with only couple of specific times where you can catch fish, you also had to have thousands of arrows/bullets in your quiver/pouch, as every attack ate one

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Blizz giving in to all of the crying and bitching people again
    I think they were more upset spending money taking down private realms with lawyers and others making money off their IP and now instead will just make the money. Even if it's not overwatch money. This pretty much messes with both.

Deleted
    I've played Vanilla WoW for about 2 years, I really don't see why I'd want to play it for another 5 years? I really don't long back for grinding 1000G for my epic mount on Scarlet Crusaders in EPL. Neither do I long back to running Blackrock Deths, or looking for a guy to open upper BRS. And I really don't see why I'd want to group up with 39 people to go to Molten Core for the 500th time only to see 4-5 items drop per boss while we rez all the players who didn't bother to farm fire resistance gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they actually did it. Didn't think they'd go there!

Personally I'm not interested in playing an outdated version of the game, but at least having official Legacy Servers should stop people from crying about it.

Interesting how the poll - still after this evenings awaited reveal - show the NO side in lead.

Deleted
    "We think we have a way to run the Classic servers on the modern technical infrastructure,"
    It’s a big project, which is why Blizzard isn’t committing to a deadline and keeping the specifics close to the chest. "What we’re announcing is actually extremely limited. We’re only saying that we’re doing it, that we’re committed to creating and releasing Classic servers. It’s a larger endeavor than people might imagine, but that we’re committed to doing it and we’re excited."
    This is minimum TWO years down the line.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    They are also popular to some extent because they are completely free. Just face it.
    I get what you mean, a set of players go to private servers to avoid the subscription.
    But it would not be enough to explain the huge population of vanilla private servers. A long time ago private servers were actually just a way to play WoW without paying, but at some point this changed. They proposed a different game, with its own attractiveness.
    A chunk of people like old gameplay mechanics better, it's now a well-known fact in the whole industry, not just World of Warcraft. And like you would expect many companies are delivering.
    I did not believe Blizzard would however, they don't really need it and it's not exactly as cheap as a Sonic Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    It's not gunna happen so who cares o/
    hahahahhahah

one of so many hundreds of funny nuggets from people who dont know their asses from holes in the ground all over the forum right now. good times.

for who said that launching an vanilla server would stop piracy servers, you wrong..

Today is a great day for any Warcraft fan! Official legacy servers are being created by Blizzard! This is a huge achievement. Since the day Elysium was created, our goal has been to show Blizzard that legacy servers are worth the investment. Now that dream has come true. However, many of you are wondering what that means for us, so let's address that now.

As we have already announced, we are launching our new realm Nighthaven. This decision is not changing. It will take Blizzard a very long time to prepare and launch their legacy servers. In fact, it is widely speculated that it will take at least a year. This fits our timeline perfectly, as Nighthaven's fast progression system is scheduled to last about a year. This means that anyone who wants to practice their leveling strategies, raid strategies, form a guild, or simply enjoy Vanilla, will be able to do so leading right up to their launch. While to most of our veteran players, Vanilla content is burned into their brains. For the average legion player, Vanilla is like a whole new game to them. Practicing now is guaranteed to make you the best of the best! So what will happen after Blizzard launches?

Logic suggests that Blizzard will be launching a Vanilla realm first. There has been no mention of a TBC realm, but we imagine that will come in due time (once the vanilla servers have finished). Since there are still many who are not interested in Vanilla, once Nighthaven has completed it's progression we will still be transitioning it into TBC as we stated previously. This way, just like in the case of Vanilla, players will be able to practice, prepare, and enjoy TBC ahead of the competition.

We are very happy to hear that Blizzard has finally made the right decision in providing legacy servers. For our part, we will continue to provide whatever services the community desires should Blizzard not meet expectations.

Thank you all for your continued support.

The Elysium Team
    they are just moving forward lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh those showing logic I applaud you actually. You brought reasonable discussions to the thread.

I meant those who showed no rationality. Should have been better with my wording. Although the lack of rationality was existent on both sides.
    Exactly. Nothing wrong with being right or wrong as long as you provide a valid argument. In this case, I am legitimately happy that I was wrong. I am glad they are bringing Legacy servers and I hope it brings in a lot of people.

WoW is my favorite game, it's the game I've played the longest by far (playing since 04) and I hope it continues doing well so I can continue playing it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    I'm all for you Vanilla folks getting what you want, but it's more so we can finally end that age old debate of how "Vanilla was the best", because it wasn't. Everything since then was a marked improvement upon the base game.
    One thing is for sure FOR ME is not rose tinted glasses. I genuinely feel like oldschool wow is 100% better than retail wow.

This servers man...its a dream come true because i know they will be famous and i know TBC and Wrath will eventually be released.
    I just know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    I'm all for you Vanilla folks getting what you want, but it's more so we can finally end that age old debate of how "Vanilla was the best", because it wasn't. Everything since then was a marked improvement upon the base game.
    Yeah because puling 20+ mobs and hitting keyboard with your head and killing all of the mobs in 30sec without you HP going below <90% at any point is an improvement.
    Because no need for CC ( except in higher M+ ) is an amazing improvement.
    Because going afk for 5min and coming back only to see your character being attacked by 3 mobs and your HP not dropping.
    Because no need to playing smart in open World is an improvement.
    Because you cant run out of mana is an amazing thing
    etc

While i will probably play when they go live, I would have preferred a TBC rehash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah because puling 20+ mobs and hitting keyboard with your head and killing all of the mobs in 30sec without you HP going below <90% at any point is an improvement.
    Because no need for CC ( except in higher M+ ) is an amazing improvement.
    Because going afk for 5min and coming back only to see your character being attacked by 3 mobs and your HP not dropping.
    Because no need to playing smart in open World is an improvement.
    Because you cant run out of mana is an amazing thing
    etc
    But having tons of unviable specs was great?
    But 40-man raiding was so awesome? People still moan about 20-man.
    But having to look for hours to find somebody to open UBRS was awesome?
    But farming for days to buy your epic mount was just that awesome?