Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You mean like all the people who played nost for only two months and all the people currently playing other private servers?

when will they learn to like what I like!
    How much does it cost to play on private servers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Tell that to the thousands of Nostalrius players who played much more than 2 months. Have you seen the shutdown of the server video? It matches that of the Ahn'Qiraj opening event back in live vanilla. It's no wonder that Blizzard realizes the demand to experience the past in full glory.
    How much does it cost to play on private servers?

Finnaly they did it so that people play 2 months and realize they dont like it...maybe saying that blizz did it wrong or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    "This expansion is so phoned in that you will want to pay a monthly sub to play vanilla again"
    Or play another game? A crazy concept I know. I haven't even touched Legion yet but going back to vanilla is the last thing on my wish list.

i wonder how these wow classic servers will be, will it be the real classic experience with the leveling pain, the old talent tree that we could mix up? will all the races be avaialaible or just the first 8 races? OMG SO MANY QUESTIONS!

edit: most important thing, will we be able to play with our old school pentium 4? and can we count this as retro gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I remember the first time I saw an Epic item drop whilst running old school Scholomance. It was so cool. It was immediately ninja'd.

Gotta love that old school WoW community. Oh wait. It was shitty and toxic back then too. You met some nice people, you met a lot of shitheels.

I guess the people who joined the game post-Vanilla will get to see something new. I actually remember the original WoW with its excessive, tedious grinding and gruesomely bad class balance. Still it should be worth a few lolz when some Ret Pally gets forced to sit at the back of the raid and pound away at the cleanse button.
    Yes the ninjing was off the scale in vanilla, I remember wanting a flask recipe i think from scholo and that got ninjaed at least 3 times by ppl who weren't even alchemists. the rage quit was strong in those days. I wonder if ppl will have the same affinity to master looter as we did back then, 'who knows the leader might ninja all the loot' and the whole needing to message a GM to pass an item you miss sent. if you use master loot, it makes everything take longer, if you don't, 3 ppl might ninja something.

I am curious to see how it is implemented, that is going to be the key factor. Regardless I was a sub for 10 years straight, got the statue and shorlty after that quit and havent been back since. I will be coming back to try the Classic server, I am excited about this I have to admit.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

I wonder how much months it will take until the server merge.

Oh, and I wonder if they will be subscription only or F2P/cash shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I might just resub for this! And that next expansion is exactly what I wanted.
    Tbh you're only saying that because you were in the cinematic. :P

Will agro be back? I hope so!
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

I can see a large number of people playing on them for nostalgia or out of curiosity. But if a sub is involved would people bother with it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So then don't play it. I enjoyed Vanilla, I enjoyed the private server experience also, so I'm looking forward to this. If you don't cut it don't play it, but don't whine about it either. I could easily say that the resources spent on PvP over the last 10 years are wasted resources because I don't PvP, but I understand that people do enjoy PvP. So don't whine about classic realms just because you don't enjoy them.
    Can I think it's the WORST resources spend ever or why are you whining like a little baby at my opinion? Go play the new "classic" server then for 1 month when it comes, that all you will last until you come crawling back...

Deleted
    do we know anything apart from the announcement?

I'm surprised that they're devoting the resources and money to it. It's an extraordinarily high risk of massive loss if it doesn't work out. According to the reveal, they created new, supposedly more affordable tech associated with either building it or emulating it (I assume, from a cyber security tech perspective, my career/job field).

I'm interested to take a look at the hardware referenced, myself. As someone that is in this field, I really want to see how they plan on tackling such a massive and risky project. That said, I also want to see how, from a business perspective (my minor in college), that they are planning on achieving cost efficiency in both building and operating it, as well as how they plan to make profit from it without massive payout made by the community they plan to target with this...

That said, if it is a labor of love (aka, a massive moneysink and effectively a non-profit charity on their part of business-management), then why did they make that decision and what are their plans for the inevitable future issues of other expansions and legacy servers of those, as it will likely become an issue as well.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Won't ever play it if it's not free to play. Blizzard ain't getting any more money from me.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    do we know anything apart from the announcement?
    - We know that there is new tech involved in creating it.
    - We know that this is not Soon™ but a long time... which can be quite a long time, considering how long waiting for Soon™ is...
    - We know that this is strictly classic, vanilla, legacy. Anything else, like which patch, is unknown.

It'll help quell unsanctioned vanilla WoW servers, and can potentially bring back subscribers. So in that regard it's a good thing. However I don't really have much interest in it and would prefer continued additions to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Will agro be back? I hope so!
    Wait for 4 sunders
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    I'm surprised that they're devoting the resources and money to it. It's an extraordinarily high risk of massive loss if it doesn't work out. According to the reveal, they created new, supposedly more affordable tech associated with either building it or emulating it (I assume, from a cyber security tech perspective, my career/job field).

I'm interested to take a look at the hardware referenced, myself. As someone that is in this field, I really want to see how they plan on tackling such a massive and risky project. That said, I also want to see how, from a business perspective (my minor in college), that they are planning on achieving cost efficiency in both building and operating it, as well as how they plan to make profit from it without massive payout made by the community they plan to target with this...

That said, if it is a labor of love (aka, a massive moneysink and effectively a non-profit charity on their part of business-management), then why did they make that decision and what are their plans for the inevitable future issues of other expansions and legacy servers of those, as it will likely become an issue as well.
    They probably learned so much from revamping SC and they think it's doable now...

And on a business side of thing it might bring people back to WOW as a all... vanilla was awesome but IMO it will not be viable long terms in a big way, it will be huge at lunch and then slowly decay, the thing is some of the people who came back for it might try new wow again and get hooked...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Wait for 4 sunders
    Wait for your non-warrior tanks to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Tbh you're only saying that because you were in the cinematic. :P
    I was a floofi boi!!