Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance Vanilla classes?

Just out of curiosity, do you think Blizzard will meddle much with how things were, such as rebalancing old classes to be more competitive amongst one another, now that the community has matured more and pay attention to those details closer?

And more over, do you think they even should change anything? Did you prefer the imbalance that created more fantasy or do you think a closer look at off-DPS specs and threat capabilities for “off tanks” would be a step up for the classic server?

I’m interested to hear peoples’ perspectives on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope not, they shouldn't put too much work into old relics compared to the work they need to put into current content. People after all, wanted to experience the old content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not, that thing is enough of a waste of resources as it is.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    No, you should not be able to play a ret paladin and not be ridiculed. People have been asking for the true vanilla xp and i think it should entail all its faults and graces and not be some sort of a hybrid.

No, class balance was pretty bad in vanilla but it was a part of the times.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

They definitely should. As somebody who spent about 2 years overall playing on vanilla private servers, this is a huge issue that should be solved. Most of specs are simply trash. Warriors are the only tanks. Pure bullshit.

i'm waiting for the "I don't want to heal" and "if i want to tank why do i have to be a war" crowd, the tears will fill oceans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thousands of people intrigued by "Classic WoW, wow, it's finally a thing, yay" are going to roll Druids and be shocked to find that they can play resto and only resto.

I imagine there will be changes. This is Blizzard handling this after all. They're going to make decisions that ensure an investment into recreating vanilla is going to be successful.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If someone wants the vanilla experience, have it as it was warts and all.
    Anything else ceases to be that.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Thousands of people intrigued by "Classic WoW, wow, it's finally a thing, yay" are going to roll Druids and be shocked to find that they can play resto and only resto.

I imagine there will be changes. This is Blizzard handling this after all. They're going to make decisions that ensure an investment into recreating vanilla is going to be successful.
    Then they won't be recreating Vanilla.
    You add in some sauce and end up with Raspberry Ripple.
    Distinctly different.

Look at what they did with Starcraft, which shows how to bring a classic back, by not changing how you play it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-03 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

That being a move toward peoples who acclaimed vanilla as the best i don't see why they should change things, rest to be seen what patch they will put on if the last pre bc or another even more old.
    Still they should leave thing how they where, specs, classes, races; no pala for horde, no shaman for alliance (so no bl for alliance raid), no belf and no dranei etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

They need to. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't played Classic. The game is fun but there are a LOT of serious flaws that are not acceptable in a 2017 project.
    It doesn't take much to turn these specs into viable options either way.

It wouldn't need to be too invasive. Just a few percent buffs to something like Concecrate etc.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Ohhh, but you see, it's labelled as "classic", not "vanilla", therefore we're at liberty to make changes that we see fit, for the best experience that's as close to what you remember as is necessary."
    I'm not so sure that Blizzard would be content with letting people choose classes that have a single viable role. Literally just one spec they can play. Why would they invest in recreating vanilla if they only wanted to cater to the true vanilla adoring fanbase? This has got to have wider appeal than the postgrinders in every vanilla server thread, and I think that means you're going to see changes.

They wouldn't have grabbed hold of the reins otherwise.
    [/url]

In a perfect scenario I think they should make some small necessary changes, but I don't trust them to do that right, so no.

They should just bring old vanilla back. With the HUGE balance issues and the lack of all those QoL changes. Just to serve as a wake up call to the nostalgia driven rabble.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They need to. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't played Classic. The game is fun but there are a LOT of serious flaws that are not acceptable in a 2017 project.
    It doesn't take much to turn these specs into viable options either way.

It wouldn't need to be too invasive. Just a few percent buffs to something like Concecrate etc.
    Starcraft was updated faithfully.
    This ie taking a different route, and isn't replicating the experience accurately.
    What we are told people want isn't that.
    Now whether what they tell us what they want, and what they actually want is something up for debate, and i do strongly believe they are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think they will but I don't think they should. They should give a warning that not all classes are end game in the way that they are today. Too many people will get butthurt otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Then they won't be recreating Vanilla.
    You add in some sauce and end up with Raspberry Ripple.
    Distinctly different.

Look at what they did with Starcraft, which shows how to bring a classic back, by not changing how you play it.
    I wouldn't trust Blizzard to recreate Vanilla and not make some changes so that fans of Vanilla who are no longer playing can play again, so that people intrigued by the difficulty and slow sharp progression aren't turned off because" they chose the wrong class and can only heal," so that WoW Classic is actually a success and not a slowly dwindling pool of the same old adherents refusing to like anything but 2004 WoW.

Do we have any details at all about WoW Classic aside form Chromie's video?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    They should just bring old vanilla back. With the HUGE balance issues and the lack of all those QoL changes. Just to serve as a wake up call to the nostalgia driven rabble.
    I think that's precisely why you're going to see changes. Surely you'll be able to get to 60 by playing any role aside from Resto, there's my guess.

Blizzard wouldn't choose to finally go ahead with this for the sake of a few thousand people who scream for vanilla and nothing else. This has got to have a wider appeal than that crowd, and for it to sustain that appeal, you need to be able to play what you want...right? Ferals and Balance will get to 60 and participate in Blackwing, right? They have to, don't they?

If they recreate Vanilla 1:1 they're going to alienate so many people intrigued by the idea of "the original game" who just wanted to play their favorite class but can only play a very specific role.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-11-03 at 09:55 PM.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry anti-vanilla people, Blizzard would never introduce vanilla servers anyway, you guys were right all along with your predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    They definitely should. As somebody who spent about 2 years overall playing on vanilla private servers, this is a huge issue that should be solved. Most of specs are simply trash. Warriors are the only tanks. Pure bullshit.
    No no. You want the vanilla servers so badly, you get the real vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will and i think they should. WoW Classic pros have nothing common with single playable spec for the most classes.
    With all Blizzard experience it would be easy to rebalance all classes without touching harming the positive aspects of the game.