Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Im happily suprised, i was one of the people who said "wont happen because X Y and Z"
    but that point still stands
    what is the plan?
    QoL like faster corpse walks, more graveyards, faster out of combat regen, transmog, updated models?
    stable at nax right away? or molten core and over time releasing nax?
    but im glad its happening as a vanilla player, i know i will be playing, i am suprised, i was shocked, i said no it wont happen, but i am happy to see it is coming, for all those who wish to, i just hope those on private servers will give it a chance instead of going "BLIZZ WILL SHIT IT" OR "I WANT GAME FOR FREE"
    There won't be QoL convenience changes, from the brief information that they did give they said they want to deliver the authentic experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Im happily suprised, i was one of the people who said "wont happen because X Y and Z"
    but that point still stands
    what is the plan?
    QoL like faster corpse walks, more graveyards, faster out of combat regen, transmog, updated models?
    stable at nax right away? or molten core and over time releasing nax?
    but im glad its happening as a vanilla player, i know i will be playing, i am suprised, i was shocked, i said no it wont happen, but i am happy to see it is coming, for all those who wish to, i just hope those on private servers will give it a chance instead of going "BLIZZ WILL SHIT IT" OR "I WANT GAME FOR FREE"
    I assume it will be a 1.12 release, Nax.

Although I'm a Vanilla launch player that misses the old community and sentiment, the game itself had issues at that time. Issues I really don't see myself returning to.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Then go play minesweeper

Challenge is the only thing that is interesting in this game, if it wasnt ppl wouldnt play M+ or do Mythic raids...
    Why would i change to another game? That makes no sense.

I'm still mythic raiding, Because it's the only way to get good gear, Dosen't mean i enjoy it or find it interesting or fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    There won't be QoL convenience changes, from the brief information that they did give they said they want to deliver the authentic experience.
    but they said up to blizzard curernt standards. so who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post

Although I'm a Vanilla launch player that misses the old community and sentiment, the game itself had issues at that time. Issues I really don't see myself returning to.
    There's no way it'll start at Naxx. An authentic vanilla experience includes the major patches and the AQ war effort world event.

I can see this point. Although I will probably return, vanilla had a number of issues. Ideally, I would like to see vanilla with some QoL improvements like what TBC introduced, especially in the class department.

I'm not talking about the trees, I'm talking about unviable specs. You're ignoring the fact that quite some specs were non-existent in Vanilla. You're a Feral/Balance Druid or an Elemental Shaman? Wow...no way! DPS is for Mages and Rogues, maybe a Warlock, but Paladin's, Warriors and Priests should stick to tanking/healing.

I'm talking those kind of spec issues we saw in PVE back than.

As for the old talent tree, 99% of the playerbase ran the cookie cutter specs anyway.
    Same thing now, some classes are OP comapred to others and some are much better at one thing then some other class/spec.
    I can agree that a druid back then was a healer ( even though i played in raids/dungeons as a balance ) or that warrior was best tank that required lots practice with stance dance but that was the fun part. But as I said i dont see much difference than what it is now. PPl still ask for certain classes or specs because they are much better suited for some tasks.

Deleted
    There's no way it'll start at Naxx. An authentic vanilla experience includes the major patches and the AQ war effort world event.
    Than again, it don't matter really. What % of the playerbase raided Naxx? Probably less than Mythic ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Why would i change to another game? That makes no sense.

I'm still mythic raiding, Because it's the only way to get good gear, Dosen't mean i enjoy it or find it interesting or fun.
    Because you want something easy....

And bold part isnt true, i took a break from Mythic raiding and im ilvl941 just from doing m+. You can get better gear in +15 ( i wont count tier ) then you can get in mythic raiding where you need to "share" the loot with 20ppl ( well less but you get the point ) + you can do unlimited amount of M+ per day ( you are only limited by time and sanity ).

Deleted
    I'm not talking about the trees, I'm talking about unviable specs. You're ignoring the fact that quite some specs were non-existent in Vanilla. You're a Feral/Balance Druid or an Elemental Shaman? Wow...no way! DPS is for Mages and Rogues, maybe a Warlock, but Paladin's, Warriors and Priests should stick to tanking/healing.

I'm talking those kind of spec issues we saw in PVE back than.

As for the old talent tree, 99% of the playerbase ran the cookie cutter specs anyway.
    Look at private server raiding, classes in use is EXTREMELY limited. Talking 40 man guilds running 10+ mages only viable melee being rogues + warriors and hunters used to a minimum and only really cuz of 'tranq shots'

Raiding on private servers is class stacking taken to the extreme.

It might be possible to release it based on 1.12 balance and add all the content separately through patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Because you want something easy....

Did i say that? I said that Challange was tedium and that the stuff you listed were good QoL changes.

and i've tried M+, But most grps fail so i just never touched it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It might be possible to release it based on 1.12 balance and add all the content separately through patches.
    Sure, that makes sense. Every single vanilla private server uses the 1.12 client, but several are progression servers where patches unlock gradually.

Than again, it don't matter really. What % of the playerbase raided Naxx? Probably less than Mythic ToS.
    Very tiny. The idea is probably the 1-60 experience and less about raiding. The main thing I would be looking forward to with vanilla rehash is dungeon crawling.

Deleted
    Same thing now, some classes are OP comapred to others and some are much better at one thing then some other class/spec.
    In the 75% percentile for Mythic all DPS specs perform within 15% difference between the top and the bottom. 200K difference. If you want to play an Outlaw Rogue or Frost DK now, you'll still do fine in most content. Back than some specs simply had extremely poor design, differences were way off. Still, hybrids that were forced into roles.

But yeah, if people want to relive that, I just can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Did i say that? I said that Challange was tedium and that the stuff you listed were good QoL changes.

and i've tried M+, But most grps fail so i just never touched it again.
    I disagree with you but well....

Make your own group? You got into a mythic raiding group thats good and able to clear bosses, some are not able to do HC its the same with M+.

- - - Updated - - -

In the 75% percentile for Mythic all DPS specs perform within 15% difference between the top and the bottom. 200K difference. If you want to play an Outlaw Rogue or Frost DK now, you'll still do fine in most content. Back than some specs simply had extremely poor design, differences were way off. Still, hybrids that were forced into roles.

But yeah, if people want to relive that, I just can't understand why.
    Do you know how much is a 200k difference now when you mentioned it? For top guilds ( i know that you'll say its not a good example ) sometimes 1% difference matters, what do you think, how much 15% matters? And doing 200k more ( provided that ppl have same skill ) is much more appealing than doing 200k less, right?

I just wanted to note that a year or more ago, I remarked in one of these threads that they'd never, ever do classic servers.

Well, I was 100% wrong. And I try to make it a habit to come back and say so. I missed this boat, and not just by a little bit.

Most likely this is the only way they can bring me back as a paying customer. Then again.. I don't like the "paying" part, might actually prefer to stay at private servers. In the end I'll make my decision based on what they will and/or will not change. For example, if they even as much as THINK for the second of adding different difficulty modes to raids, I won't touch this shit with a stick.

A lot of argument here is going from one extreme to the other. Just like what Blizzard did with WoW. They took it from somewhat clunky, difficult vanilla with multiple issues to mind numbingly simplified, "efficient", watered down Legion. They never found a happy medium that didnt have to go off a cliff. Well, with wotlk perhaps, but that didnt last did it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    This is funny as fuck. 123 pages about something that will never happen, you guys have too much free time
    I'm sure someone has quoted you but... I felt the need.