Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The cynic in me couldn't help but notice that "burn down" sounds much worse than "attack." I'm hoping there will be 'parity of esteem' here.

If Teldrassil is being destroyed, then I'd accept nothing less than Genn Greymane's Greater Gilneas - ranging from Thandol Span to Quel'Thalas.

It's the same Allaince, the center of power just shifted from Lordaeron to Stormwind. That said, Stormwind has no claim to Lordaeron and while some people from lordaeron fled to stormwind, the city belongs to the forsaken who not only largely lived there in life but are the ones who took it back from the Legion/Scourge.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They never announced a revamp so I'm guessing Zirodomi shows up to phase you back to the pre-War versions of those cities.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They're undead abberrations, they have no legal claim to the land. I'm glad it's finally returning to the rightful hands of the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    "former" being the keyword. They betrayed the Alliance so no, it doesn't belong to them. They may currently inhabit it but that won't last much longer.
    First off, they didn't betray anyone, the alliance betrayed them. Secondly, fuck you, its our home. Fuck off.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    The cynic in me couldn't help but notice that "burn down" sounds much worse than "attack." I'm hoping there will be 'parity of esteem' here.

If Teldrassil is being destroyed, then I'd accept nothing less than Genn Greymane's Greater Gilneas - ranging from Thandol Span to Quel'Thalas.
    I'm guessing both will be lost in lore but not in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

At 1:53, the battlefront display.
    Is that... Stromgarde?
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    First off, they didn't betray anyone, the alliance betrayed them. Secondly, fuck you, its our home. Fuck off.
    No fuck you sir. They lost all rights to the land when they died. We shall lead our holy crusade led by the heroic King Anduin and retake Lordaeron for the glory of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Not anymore, Salty Sam.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas killed his father there, of course it is an iconic place of the Alliance. The undead are horde, but before they were humans, therefore Alliance too. So in short they are all coming from the same place, it would be stupid to fight over it and destroy, it is a lose/lose situation.

Teldrasil? Another lose/lose if you ask me... The Horde gains nothing by destroying a completely natural and inoffensive place like that, which is not even an important point for the Alliance. Burning it down is a mere act of evilness and deserves to be punished hard.

It all looks like the Horde is the bad and Alliance is the good tbh. But let´s wait and see...

pretty sure the horde attacks stormwind so we attack undercity in retaliation. it was in that book preview on the front page last night.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Arthas killed his father there, of course it is an iconic place of the Alliance. The undead are horde, but before they were humans, therefore Alliance too. So in short they are all coming from the same place, it would be stupid to fight over it and destroy, it is a lose/lose situation.

Teldrasil? Another lose/lose if you ask me... The Horde gains nothing by destroying a completely natural and inoffensive place like that, which is not even an important point for the Alliance. Burning it down is a mere act of evilness and deserves to be punished hard.

It all looks like the Horde is the bad and Alliance is the good tbh. But let´s wait and see...
    There's nothing natural about Teldrassil, Staghelm grew it using the Well of Eternity because he wanted his immortality back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    Will they actually destroy both capital cities ingame?
    I've been wondering that too. I mean if Teldrassil burns down, both the Night Elves and Worgen will be homeless. Night Elves could retreat to Lor'danil, and take the Worgen with them. Or they'll reconquer Gilneas and the Night Elves will move in there. Or into the forest where there's the tree, where the Worgen learn to manage their Worgen form. Would still be a shitty capital for Night Elves. But I still like that it pushes the story forward. Wasn't there some speculation about Teldrassil burning down in the past? I seem to remember that in the past.

As for Lordaeron, the only reason I can see the Horde losing the Undercity is if the Alliance drives them out of there. Based on the cinematic, that could happen. And the whole thing about Teldrassil being the revenge for Undercity, or vice versa, makes a lot of sense. But what will the Alliance do with a stinking sewer? Where will the Forsaken go?

Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I've been wondering that too. I mean if Teldrassil burns down, both the Night Elves and Worgen will be homeless. Night Elves could retreat to Lor'danil, and take the Worgen with them. Or they'll reconquer Gilneas and the Night Elves will move in there.
    99% sure Worgen will be reclaiming Gilneas (and adding most/all of Lordaeron onto it).

Night Elves will probably grow another tree or something. I think they've gotten pretty good at it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I kinda get the impression (and I haven't watched the panel - just whats been reported here) that there are new capital cities in the new zones - one for each faction. They may well have decided that they dont need new capital cities in ADDITION to the old ones so have got rid or two original ones. Question then is - why not Silvermoon and The Exadar as almost noone uses them?
    New capital cities in new zones = great. Taking away iconic capital cities that have been with us since vanilla; not so much.

I just wonder with this “Kalimdor for the horde”-thing, what will the night elves have for elf-themed zones?

Their homeland is on Kalimdor, Cataclysm already wrecked most of Ashenvale and Darkshore, so what (if anything) will be left? I really like the atmosphere of night elven zones, and having the territory they have left ruined just to push the Alliance/Horde conflict (Boring and unresolvable as it is) is quite frankly a bad start of the expansion for me, and also: do the Night elves settle somewhere else, or do they just disappear into SW/IF, figuratively crashing on the Alliance couch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    If Teldrassil gets burned to the ground, yet the Forsaken defend Lordaeron, I will call out Blizzard on its faction bias bullshit until I'm blue in the face.
    Well like I've said in another post, Horde gets 2 new models and a 3rd with some awesome customization while Alliance gets 3 reskins...they're also trying to make Sylvanas look rather heroic and definitely less undead like...feels like it's favoring the Horde here.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    New capital cities in new zones = great. Taking away iconic capital cities that have been with us since vanilla; not so much.
    yeah really weird to how this will play out in-game

Excpeting some pre-launch scenarios do depict those battles, but beyond that, who the fucks knows

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They lost all rights to the land when they died.
    possession is 9/10ths of the law

There is no god that enforces "rights to land"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

where is Malfurion now to give them the taste of his Mary Sue stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Lordaeron was never yours to begin with. If anything, this is a hit to the Alliance.
    yeah how dare the citizen of lordaeron live in their city, give it back!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They never announced a revamp so I'm guessing Zirodomi shows up to phase you back to the pre-War versions of those cities.
    what I expect, phased versions of teldrassil and tirisfal glades, but beyond that, left to your imagination
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"