Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard knows what they are doing, but someone who does not like the outcome simply won't like the outcome.
    And they are going to be different to the next person.
    Someone will like it, someone will not.
    True to an extent, false to an extent.

In Cataclysm, there were specific plot devices forcing the Horde to win when they would not have, and there were specific instances where the Alliance were portrayed to be sitting on their asses doing nothing.

This isn't the same as losing a battle or winning one, it's more presentation. Alliance was portrayed as weak and stupid, which is why there was such outrage in Cataclysm.

I don't think it will be the case this time as we have a better lore team in general, but I'm still wary.

Deleted
    Like...

The allied races are a major selling point for the expansion.

Really? It´s just cosmetics. Hardly anything changes. You have to go through the whole boring leveling content one more time to get the linked reward or whatever it is.

The game has really become so impoverished?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I like it. Guess I should just..idk, throw my PC into a river.
    Please do.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    The majority of what? Mentally handicapped? Because they're about the only ones who could actually find enjoyment in an endless grind for Artifact Power.
    Well most people aren't hardcore competitive types and just enjoy the content, most polls or opinions will say the same thing, Legion is a great expansion in terms of content but brought down by a few stupid systems, it is by no means bad.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    artifacts are gone and not one named badguy. so its allready better than legion
    Azshara has been mentioned.

Deleted
    Not going to buy that crap addon.

The story is half baked and really uninteresting. No outstanding feature has been announced and the fact that Nightelves are now losing their final zone (every other one has been destroyed in all teh expansions before) was the final nail to the coffin.

Zones taken away or being destroyed since classic fpr NEs only:
    Teldrassil
    Ashenvale
    Hyjal
    Azshara (debateable since it has not been an important zone anyway)
    Darkshore

Basically every zone Nightelves had have been destroyed, burned down or overtaken... every single one.

Honestly I think this is going to be a great expansion. Sure, for the first time there is not some higher power trying to smother Azeroth into pieces. I think it is a much NEEDED break. I see so many people on here talking about how boring the Horde and Alliance conflict is or how its dumb that we even focus on it. The whole conflict is the base of the entire game. If you want some big boss to be the protagonist to every single expansion then what is the point of even having factions? I feel like the horde/alliance division was being lost under all of the "Take over the world" PvE content. I am not bashing on the PvE because I love the content it has rolled out. But this expansion is going to reboot the hatred that both factions have towards each other. With the direction we were headed with so much working together we were about to mesh together into one giant faction and then there would be no point to the game.

I will also repost my impressions from the Speculation page:

Can't say I am excited, but it could have been worse.

The #1 huge irrepairable issue is PVP. They aren't planning to fix the huge issues with it, they keep rolling as if everything was fine and what they are adding is the same things as always: some arenas and a BG. No solo queue. No power cap. No catch-up for alts. No unpruning. No barrier for the PVE shit. I am not even talking about more advanced things such as attempts to tackle mobility vs range and CC vs anti-CC. We can't even dream of getting to that level. We can't even solve kindergarden-level issues, which they just created, which have known and proven solutions. There is just nothing good here.

The other big issue is that all their features are just reshuffling of existing things. There are some additions, and they might potentially make a difference, but they might be irrelevant as well, we don't know yet. Ie, the island three-man thing is nothing terribly exciting - apart from the new type of a timer *in the form of competing NPCs*. That's something new and that might be interesting (ie, you can affect them), but whether that adds anything good or not depends on how it is done and it might easily just not matter much.

The warfronts are not interesting either. They are just one more mix of instances / invasions, the 20 bodies throw themselves at the enemy. We all know how much "strategy" is in these things and how important the "common decisions" are - very quickly there appears the way to "solve" the instance and people just follow it, it gets boring fast. Now, if that was PVP, it would have been different, but it can't be PVP, because they have to fix the fundamental problems with it first, and they aren't fixing them...

Tons of things are gates by another name. "We won't let you see content X until you play Y months", that kind of thing. Ie, the allied races with having to level separate characters from 20 to max to unlock stuff are obviously there simply to try to make you level three times instead of one. Or even six, to get both sides. Or actually more, because they are saying that's just the beginning and they will add more. Same vibe from different continents / instances / raids for different factions, although that at least partly unlocks at max level (there are certainly exceptions, but maybe they are the usual ones - leveling quests). The new artifact serves the usual purpose of making you log in every week for years (or you are going to miss out on power, you want it? you want it? login then). Gates and treadmill hooks.

Some things do look somewhat interesting, and I can't say right now that the expansion is low effort again, but it might be low effort easily. Nothing is big / revolutionary. Everything looks like a pretty ordinary iteration on something existing, although maybe something will jump out of this so far unimpressive set of features with details from further sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    I'm cautiously hyped. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun since we don't know all of the details yet.

After all, the game is called World of Warcraft. Besides, what were all of the RTS games based off of? Oh yeah, faction wars.
    Warcraft and Warcraft 2 maybe, but the entirety of Warcraft 3 had very little to do with an actual faction war and was more about the orcs finding allies and a homeland...the literal creation of the Horde as we know it today in WoW, the development and spread of the scourge and Arthas the Lich King, Archimonde coming to destroy the World Tree, Illidans evolution into what he is today, the Legion threat, etc...

You're not supposed to like a city being destroyed...unless you're on the side that destroys it.
    I think this is great, war between the factions! I just hope it'll be an actual war, where we can take and lose lands.

Deleted
    All players who againts WoW gonna be the first one to play at launch, I'm 100% sure abot that

Even the Warlords of Draenor announcement took less wind out of my sails than this one. Warlords of Draenor at least promised seeing more of Draenor's past and its races that we never got the chance to see before. This just retreads old and tired ground I'm sick of seeing, and the feature list seems bare bones. Even the Allied Races seem like weird choices on so many levels. I suspect there's more to this story than they're letting on, but I don't really care where it ends up if it starts in a place like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Faction war is garbage in a MMO. Bye.
    No it isn’t.

It follows the same principles as raid bosses like Archimonde. They will never win no matter what. What’s interesting about that?

If you find the faction war theme to be dull because nobody will really ever win then you must find the raid boss/main antagonist theme dumb as well since they never win at all.

I’d bet so much money that as we get more information people that are screaming and yelling about the faction war are going to play. And you know what’s interesting? The faction war is probably only going to be the main theme for maybe 1 or 2 tiers since Azshara is going to be a raid boss and that will eventually be the primary focus.

I get that it doesn’t make sense YET, especially coming from argus where we fought together, but we barely even started getting information. Cool down.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-03 at 09:58 PM.

Looks like lots of stuff for nasty little casuals(like me) to do. Im looking forward to the more Horde VS Alliance theme with it actually focused more on that than like MoP.

My question is, where did this come from? Everyone seemed fine in Legion before I stopped playing. Did something happen to where they forgot how they fought as one against the Legion? That seems like something that should have united them and now suddenly they are at war. What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happy with the name. If there's a battle, there has to be a winner. And I don't see they wiping an entire faction.

Anyways, kinda early to say, I'll be playing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Faction war is garbage in a MMO. Bye.
    ...The storyline of Warcraft was always about a conflict between warring factions.

It was only down the line that they introduced a bunch of "greater threats" that make that root seem silly.

Apparently, they realized that having unanbigous, clear evil enemies just simply isn't as fun for the people who like Warcraft storyline.

The whole Argus, Legion, Fel storyline took a complete heel-face turn last patch as even there they realized having Legion as the bad guys and us as the good guys is simply too bland.

No sub-race is able to be a deathknight.....that really sucks. I am playing alliance....the only thing i miss there is to be a bloodelf! I hoped 4 highelves/voidelves....now i am very sad. :-(

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My question is, where did this come from? Everyone seemed fine in Legion before I stopped playing. Did something happen to where they forgot how they fought as one against the Legion? That seems like something that should have united them and now suddenly they are at war. What happened?
    Sylvanas took over the Horde is what happened. The book intro basically lays bare she plans on tricking the Horde into starting this war.

As Varimathras said, we were blind to the darkness in our midst. And given the importance of the Loa and how corrupt Zandalar is, guessing the theory that N'Zoth manipulated Vol'jin is gonna be true.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

VERY disappointed
    i cant find anything more boring than this theme.

Its basically karasang wilds thingy mixed with other like minded failed attempts and garrisons