Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I never thought I'd see this. It'll make me subscribe again.

insert wall of NO LOOOOL people were sooo sure this would never happen and i was too which is why i quit years ago because wow has headed in the completely wrong direction until now. Obviouslywe have no idea what this really means but if they do it right itll keep more for a long long time,

Oh man... I can't wait to see the whining about classic. Ret/prot pallies, disc/shadow priests, demo warlocks, arcane mages (and fire too in the first two raids), surv/BM hunters, enh/ele shaman, feral/balance druids will whine because they're completely useless and no one will take them to anything pve. Horde will be at a severe disadvantage thanks to not having paladins and not having blessing of salvation.
    No transmog tool, enjoy looking hideous again.
    No vendor mounts, no jeeves, farming is a bitch and those repair bills are expensive as hell.
    Oh you liked changing specs? Hah, 50g and that's a serious sum!
    Want an epic mount? Get farming for months. Enjoy walking everywhere while leveling until forty and saving gold for it too.
    Want to raid? 40 people and you need multiple elixirs, plus world buffs from Blasted Lands, on every pull. Oh you're a caster? Sucks to be you because Int does nothing for your damage! Back to farming those rare spell-power items.
    Oh, and you need to stack +hit again, and there's no such thing as haste. I loved my 2.5 sec cast shadowbolt in classic. 3 sec for fireball, so fun.
    Joyous farming fire/nature/frost resist gear for Rag/Vael/Huhu/Sapph. Standing in front of LBRS while your priest mind controls mobs in there for the 80 FR buff before every single Vaelestrasz attempt.

Classic was awful. But it was better than any other game out at the time. That's *why* they changed things. There are totally people that enjoyed that, and I salute those people. But the number of rose-tinted glasses players... oh man, I'm going to enjoy the salt.

Also wtf is with this shit new idea for an expansion lol, they keep getting worse and worse, the best they could come up with is another faction war? really? they tried to do so much in the passed few expansions and now they landed on this, a little quarrel between the alliance and the horde. (because its a known fact that blizzard wont choose to destroy one faction in this expansion and that after a little bit of fighting theyll realize they need to form a truce again to take on the big baddy like every other time.)

I'm just wondering if blizzard is doing this to try to circumvent the huge numbers drop from the new expansion (because they already know it will flop). Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrryr View Post
    Oh man... I can't wait to see the whining about classic. Ret/prot pallies, disc/shadow priests, demo warlocks, arcane mages (and fire too in the first two raids), surv/BM hunters, enh/ele shaman, feral/balance druids will whine because they're completely useless and no one will take them to anything pve. Horde will be at a severe disadvantage thanks to not having paladins and not having blessing of salvation.
    No vendor mounts, no jeeves, farming is a bitch and those repair bills are expensive as hell.
    Want an epic mount? Get farming for months. Enjoy walking everywhere while leveling until forty and saving gold for it too.
    Want to raid? 40 people and you need multiple elixirs, plus world buffs from Blasted Lands, on every pull. Oh you're a caster? Sucks to be you because Int does nothing for your damage! Back to farming those rare spell-power items.
    Oh, and you need to stack +hit again, and there's no such thing as haste. I loved my 2.5 sec cast shadowbolt in classic. 3 sec for fireball, so fun.
    Joyous farming fire/nature/frost resist gear for Rag/Vael/Huhu/Sapph. Standing in front of LBRS while your priest mind controls mobs in there for the 80 FR buff before every single Vaelestrasz attempt.

Classic was awful. But it was better than any other game out at the time. That's *why* they changed things. There are totally people that enjoyed that, and I salute those people. But the number of rose-tinted glasses players... oh man, I'm going to enjoy the salt.
    I enjoyed vanilla - but that's because that was the only version of the game available. Personally, I have no interest in going back. A lot of people want to experience vanilla? Well, now you can. I have no issue with that, at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Other than the fact that we are getting 'Classic' servers, we have literally no idea what they are going to look or play like...

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    "Vanilla experience", didn't really say much yet. Could be anything at this point, like crossrealm dungeonqueues or w/e they think 'improves' vanilla.
    "There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Azyure View Post
    Other than the fact that we are getting 'Classic' servers, we have literally no idea what they are going to look or play like...
    Also he said we are working on it, so for all you know it will be released around x-mas 2045
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the day pirate servers died.
    sadly people dont play pservers because they wanna experience vanilla, they play it because its free

people played shitty super buggy vanilla servers back during vanilla times
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Also he said we are working on it, so for all you know it will be released around x-mas 2045
    better than nothing, I hated ending my subscription a few years ago but I have a reason to come back at some point which is great because I sure as hell miss loading up WoW but god knows I wont be touching any of this new content trash in this expansion just like I did with the last bunch of shit expansions weve had.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    oh shut up and be happy
    Well, the issue is resource management in both the craft and longevity of making the WoW:Classic servers. If it is massively costly, and risky, and falters, then that money will have to be made up somewhere else. That will mean, in general, bad things for other games. Things like micro-transactions, increased subs (or double-subs, requiring both the traditional WoW sub, and a sub to Classic:WoW), or even more Cash Shop orientated items instead of them being made straight into the games that they are placed in.

I rocked a Holy Paladin back then, levelled from 1-60 as it to. Going to rock one again when it comes out.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    sadly people dont play pservers because they wanna experience vanilla, they play it because its free
    The meme is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Horde will be at a severe disadvantage thanks to not having paladins and not having blessing of salvation.
    did someone forget about Tranquil Air Totem? not to mention Windfury Totem?

the main advantage of paladins is actually in Judgements (wisdom mainly) as it helps casters out with mana.

Vanilla had repair bots

I've always held the opinion that removing hit/exp/resist/spell pen from the game was always one of the worst decisions they have made, more complexity and stat options is a good thing.
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-11-03 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    did someone forget about Tranquil Air Totem? not to mention Windfury Totem?

the main advantage of paladins is actually in Judgements (wisdom mainly) as it helps casters out with mana.
    Every single warrior and rogue alive that played vanilla surely remembers windfury totem, Holy shit it was great fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The meme is real
    Definetly my favourite one!
    Runner ups are:
    It will die in 2 months
    Just rose tinted glasses

Deleted
    while the game will probably be the sme, i can almost guarantee it wont feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    "There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience."
    Yeah because playing unplayable specs is gonna be so much fun in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    while the game will probably be the sme, i can almost guarantee it wont feel the same
    How about this twist: It wont be the same, but it will feel the same.

That's too huge a market for them to neglect. They had to act.