Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this where we go to learn about any potential news on Star Wars Galaxies coming back as SWG Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    One of the best parts about this? Everyone will be getting a fresh start from square one. It will be nice having everyone start on equal ground.
    I wonder if they'll run "seasons" of vanilla servers? See how far your guild can get in 6 months or a year. That'd maybe have some merit.

Oh snap! I just thought of something. What if Vanilla servers have original Tier 3 Naxx that can unlock account wide for non-vanilla characters?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think a lot of people wanted vanilla servers because they're remembering it through a 100 foot thick wall of nostalgia. The people playing on private servers do so because it's free, and they can hack/bot/cheat/exploit/mod to their heart's content.

I SERIOUSLY doubt the numbers of actual Vanilla players will remain consistent past the first few months. If Blizzard keeps the grinds and timers that existed during original vanilla, there's no way the population will be in the "millions". More like in the hundreds.

But it's sort of a win for Blizzard anyway. If they can set it up and just leave it with minimal maintenance(no patches or balancing required since it's vanilla), then it's not like it will cost them anything past the setup.

You have no idea what your talking about...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll run "seasons" of vanilla servers? See how far your guild can get in 6 months or a year. That'd maybe have some merit.

Oh snap! I just thought of something. What if Vanilla servers have original Tier 3 Naxx that can unlock account wide for non-vanilla characters?
    I don't know about that, but it's possible Blizz ties in achievement functionality or other account wide functionality to non Classic server toons. The two versions don't have to be mutually exclusive, I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    And two months after the Vanilla servers open, people will stop playing them again, because they realize that the game was not that good back then, as they wanted it to be and they forgot all about the massive grinds back then and how long time it took to gear up a raid group.

The rose glasses will come off really fast again
    I may well be wrong, but I doubt it'll play out like this. Vanilla is a much nicer game for people who like to take their time leveling and are more into the adventure that comes with the trip instead of being obsessed with racing to endgame as fast as possible. Modern WoW is better suited to the latter crowd.

So folks who are most interested in being on the edge of brand new content might leave vanilla, but more easygoing players will stick around.

Deleted

Interesting thought, was thinking about seasons aswell, maybe it will function like in diablo.

However the idea of old items that are no longer available being made available again through classic servers sound awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Did they or did they not announce it? lmao
    I do not understand why you are changing topic.

/sarcasm on
    Pretty sure pople will have a lot of fun having 4-5 loot drops for 40 people, having just 1 spec and specs that are absolutly unplayable, stealing each other tags on mobs and gathering nodes, going back to old crafting UI and other absolutly not annoying features in 2018.
    /sarcasm off
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2017-11-03 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    But what will happen is peopel start to ask whay do my warrior set have INT on it... whay can a Druid only be a healer in raid... whay is there no catch up gear mechanism.

Who was the genius that thought it was a good idea to let the alliance player walk to scarlet monastery becuse the closest flight point is a half continent away.

The only peopel who want vanilla back is player who never played vanilla....
    I played Vanilla..still do. again you people bashing Vanilla really have no clue what your talking about...

Oh please, the pathetic individuals who can't adapt to change will play the server maybe 3-4 months tops before it becomes empty, you can't relive how it felt to play a new world by stripping a game down to its core. And you are delusional if you think this will be fun. Just another time sink blizz is wasting valuable resources on when it would be better spent elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    However the idea of old items that are no longer available being made available again through classic servers sound awesome.
    I felt a disturbance in the force. It was as if a million special snowflakes all cried out in unison.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I do not understand why you are changing topic.

/sarcasm on
    Pretty sure pople will have a lot of fun having 4-5 loot drops for 40 people, having just 1 spec, stealing each other tags on mobs and gathering nodes, going back to old crafting UI and other absolutly not annoying features in 2018.
    /sarcasm off
    They will and they will enjoy it.

The best thing though ,is that you don't have to play it if you don't want to! Everyone gets to be happy.

Love the attitude Blizzard now have to this. Here you go, if 1 person likes it, that's good enough.

I'm looking forward to it. Maybe just as much as BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Zero interest.
    Yup. Boring news. But at least they delivered so they could please people who still live in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the haters right in the neck!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Can't wait for all the people who wanted this to realize how grindy classic was. Welcome to Vanilla!!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Morbys View Post
    Oh please, the pathetic individuals who can't adapt to change will play the server maybe 3-4 months tops before it becomes empty, you can't relive how it felt to play a new world by stripping a game down to its core. And you are delusional if you think this will be fun. Just another time sink blizz is wasting valuable resources on when it would be better spent elsewhere
    Salty white knight. Sit the fuck down, we finally all get what we want and the best part about it is YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

Also can guarantee they won't be empty, I'll come back to this post when these servers are thriving and say "told ya so c:"

PS: Can we create the wall of yes now?

When I was playing on Nostalrius and on Elysium I was still hoping for a paid "Blizzard Quality Assured" legacy experience, if only for the chat moderation (For me, they were too 'edgy' and it interfered with my enjoyment outside the guild I was in and eventually inside it too)

So pretty excited that its finally announced. Definately resub for this feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingkai View Post

You have no idea what your talking about...
    It's bot/hack central because Private servers don't have anywhere near the security or resources to stop it. And there's no way private servers can charge for access(Donations. ROFL!) or Blizzard comes down on them like a ton of bricks.

Sure, there are some people who are legitimately seeking a vanilla experience. But I doubt there are nearly as many of those as people like to think. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable 1 month post-release whine about it not being the same as vanilla even though it's 100% the same as vanilla.

It's bot/hack central because Private servers don't have anywhere near the security or resources to stop it. And there's no way private servers can charge for access(Donations. ROFL!) or Blizzard comes down on them like a ton of bricks.

Sure, there are some people who are legitimately seeking a vanilla experience. But I doubt there are nearly as many of those as people like to think. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
    This is false. Plenty of private servers have great anti cheats in place.