Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A poorly marketed expansion

People have wanted/hyped an Azshara expansion for years. Instead, they gave us this expansion with a kinda bland theme that got mixed reactions.

And then they announce, like it's no big deal, that Azshara will be a first tier raid boss.

Now imagine if they marketed it as an Azshara expansion that also features a lot of faction war. I'm pretty sure the hype would have been much higher.

I don't care how well it is "marketed", i care about how good it is. And i'm not convinced yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    people seems to always whine and complain.. be glad you getting your legacy servers!!
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I am way more excited for a return to WC3 roots than a naga expansion.

And no it didnt get mixed reactions, you're just bitter.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

This guy markets.......

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like we're getting a meh expansion because they decided to waste their time on Vanilla.

Honestly I like the theme of this expansion more than "Azshara is a big baddie, watch out guys!!11!1"

Azshara is a worthy villain but compared to Sargeras or Deathwing or the Lich King... she's pretty small time. So focusing on her directly would be foolish. Instead, while she will play a major role, the focus is on the factions. If Garrosh was the face of Pandaria it would have been just as bad; what they are doing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It feels like we're getting a meh expansion because they decided to waste their time on Vanilla.
    lol

No, not even remotely, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Warcraft 3 roots are not "faction war" - the entirety of WC3 is basically to overcome faction war to fight a common enemy and only idiots like some alliance Kings stood against that and got killed off.

I think what you mean is back to WC2 :P

only thing that caught my eye so far is vanilla stuff, new expansion looks worse than the garbage weve gotten the passed few years, and of course the faction war is just something small, blizzard wont dismantle a faction especially when everyone will just cry about that too, so of course theyll kill a main person from either side and then form a truce to take on the real main villain like every other time. Definitely the laziest idea for an expansion to date for sure.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this was an Azshara expansion with Faction Warfare as a secondary aspect, I'd honestly be less worried than I am now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    And then they announce, like it's no big deal, that Azshara will be a first tier raid boss.
    We don't know how many raids there will ultimately be, but Queen Azshara will actually be the end boss of the second major raid (which is almost certainly Nazjatar). And we don't know if she'll die in it... how many times did Gul'dan come back?

The first raid is the Zandalar raid that many people are saying might have Hakkar as the end boss.

Personally, I think Azshara warrants her own expansion but we don't know about the story here. And if she's not the ultimate endgame boss, I think that pretty much confirms who WILL be for the expansion... N'Zoth. Which would lead into a void/old gods expansion to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Warcraft 3 roots are not "faction war" - the entirety of WC3 is basically to overcome faction war to fight a common enemy and only idiots like some alliance Kings stood against that and got killed off.

I think what you mean is back to WC2 :P
    Alliance campaign: Humans vs Undead

Orc Campaign: Had more Orcs vs Humans, Orcs, and Night Elves

Undead Campaign: Undead vs Humans

Night Elf Campaign: Night Elves vs Orcs, humans, and demons

WC3 had a lot of race vs race going on, even outside of undead and demons.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Honestly I like the theme of this expansion more than "Azshara is a big baddie, watch out guys!!11!1"

Azshara is a worthy villain but compared to Sargeras or Deathwing or the Lich King... she's pretty small time. So focusing on her directly would be foolish. Instead, while she will play a major role, the focus is on the factions. If Garrosh was the face of Pandaria it would have been just as bad; what they are doing makes sense.

lol

No, not even remotely, sorry.
    Oh I'm sorry...I guess you're the authority...you heard it here...he said I was wrong so I guess that's all.

Yeah...because Azshara, perhaps the strongest Mage of all time who made even the higher up demons quake should just be a footnote...there we go...because you feel Azshara is a nothing she is a nothing...case closed!

In case it's hard for you to understand, I'm being sarcastic.

People have wanted/hyped an Azshara expansion for years. Instead, they gave us this expansion with a kinda bland theme that got mixed reactions.

Now imagine if they marketed it as an Azshara expansion that also features a lot of faction war. I'm pretty sure the hype would have been much higher.
    i have much bigger problem with them opening such an interesting lore with Alleria and Void and completly dropping it in favour of something nobody really wanted .

like really when on forums we had last thread which woudl say "i miss horde vs allience as core of expansion theme' ;/

I somewhat agree, it's poorly marketed in the sense that there're no exciting new features, like artifacts and legendaries. It got baked in this artifact neck thingy and 3 armor slots upgrades, so it feels like they removed features. But that's ok, Legion is great and if it's expansion on Legion level of quality I'm ok with it.

Lore though. If they take out Undercity that'll will destroy one of my special non-existent places. I won't be mad other it, but it'll take out one of my emotional nostalgic connection to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Yes, it did get. Just check this forum or the official forums. Other expansions (well, maybe expect MoP) had so much greater reactions.

Noone said Azshara will be 1st tier.

Before Battle for Azeroth is over, we will be facing against Azshara
    Stop whining.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor marketing? Have you been sniffing glue?

It’s only just been fucking announced. Marketing comes from now until release
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Those Azshara centerred xpac concepts were always shit IMHO and read more like fanfics than anything.

I like BfA

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    I somewhat agree, it's poorly marketed in the sense that there're no exciting new features, like artifacts and legendaries. It got baked in this artifact neck thingy and 3 armor slots upgrades, so it feels like they removed features. But that's ok, Legion is great and if it's expansion on Legion level of quality I'm ok with it.

Lore though. If they take out Undercity that'll will destroy one of my special non-existent places. I won't be mad other it, but it'll take out one of my emotional nostalgic connection to the game.
    Maybe they felt that since there is going to be classic wow that they don't need to keep thing for nostalgia reasons anymore?? idk.. still sounds lame to not be able to go to undercity anymore.