Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You wanted the experience of Vanilla, you should endure them in full glory.

Deleted
    He did say "we will bring it up to blizzard standards"

higly unbalanced game, with poorly designed mechanics and ui, and a huge amount of small annoying things that can use a QoL improvement is not a blizzard standard.

A lot of people want vanilla because it brings something that current WoW just can't, but that doesn't mean they want all the "shitty" things about it, getting those fixed would be nice. The gameplay is gonna be more or less the same if you have 5 min buffs or 60 min buffs. if you have to loot and click each individual item, or if you have auto looting, it's small things like these that i could see them improve upon.

I'm sure blizzard will take their time and bring out a game that is like vanilla with current standard wow improvements.
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2017-11-03 at 10:25 PM.

I think this is what Blizzard meant when they said "You think you want Vanilla servers, but you really dont."

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll have to leave classes as they were, otherwise they'll have to mess with raid encounters to account for the better class design. I can't imagine they're going to funnel that many resources into this while also doing another expansion!

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say... balance the absolute broken stuff. Things that everyone can agree, wasn't good. Retribution Paladins, for example, were never really allowed in raids since they could not perform all too well. I'm sure there is some other spec or two that were never allowed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I feel like you're missing the point of legacy servers even by asking.
    It’s not naive to ask. First, I’m not casting an open opinion. Second, there is reason to believe they would rebalance it. As much as it’s nostalgia, they will certainly try to appease the masses, once tears come about balance, expect changes. That’s how Blizzard works.

As to whether people want change or not depends on whether the full experience was what they wanted, or just the base game, but with a better sense of balance. It’s hard to make that decision for everyone.

Lastly, a lot of people will say “absolutely not” (as apparent in this thread) to spite people they feel are walking into a trap with rose tinted glasses on, or are afraid it will take away resources from the expansions going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well that took all of couple hours.

Vanilla wasn't never about "balance", it was more of a complex rock, paper, scissors dynamic.
    It’s not a call for balance, it’s a question of how people feel it should be handled. You’d be crazy to think this wouldn’t become a big topic st some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't spend too much time and resources on it.

Give those handful of people their buggy shit and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Thousands of people intrigued by "Classic WoW, wow, it's finally a thing, yay" are going to roll Druids and be shocked to find that they can play resto and only resto.

I imagine there will be changes. This is Blizzard handling this after all. They're going to make decisions that ensure an investment into recreating vanilla is going to be successful.
    Are you for real? The way the game was back then is what made it successful IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I was never anti-vanilla, but what it would become. People complaining about balance and quality of life changes... Seeing how it hasn't even been a day. I would say I was right.
    You’re not right based on general reading comprehension. I just wanted to crack the egg on this because I knew eventually it would be a hot button discussion, and I was wildly curious as to what people expect out of it.

They will because they are making Classic servers, which are vanillish and not 100% vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Are you for real? The way the game was back then is what made it successful IN THE FIRST PLACE!
    There was no alternative, people though those things like spec balance were shit back then.

If you want them balanced and changed from anything other than what they were, then you aren't getting the classic experience. You're going to get a watered down version and honestly that just makes it a waste. Vanilla was what it was. It does not and should not be changed. I say go with however things were during the final patch pre BC and leave it from there. Like I said, if you want them updated then you want something else entirely and should consider a private server or some other option

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    No, you should not be able to play a ret paladin and not be ridiculed. People have been asking for the true vanilla xp and i think it should entail all its faults and graces and not be some sort of a hybrid.
    This.

To do anything but give you the real Vanilla experience is stupid and defeats the point.

no because vanilla should be vanilla

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    It was Everquest lite, which is why it was so successful, not because of the horrible design for so many of the classes/specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    They'll have to leave classes as they were, otherwise they'll have to mess with raid encounters to account for the better class design. I can't imagine they're going to funnel that many resources into this while also doing another expansion!
    True. While I actually want to have some class balancing, it could be messy if they didnt put some resources into it.

Why would they? Everyone will stop playing two weeks after launch anyway.

No, they absolutely shouldn't. It should be just as it was then. Hybrid tax! YES!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    They definitely should. As somebody who spent about 2 years overall playing on vanilla private servers, this is a huge issue that should be solved. Most of specs are simply trash. Warriors are the only tanks. Pure bullshit.
    No it shouldn't, you want the vanilla experience then you should experience it exactly how it was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    No, they absolutely shouldn't. It should be just as it was then. Hybrid tax! YES!
    Agreed, fellow rogue!