Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Okay can the quest NPCs I have to turn stuff into opt out of being permanently dead, or?
    When was the last time people actually bothered to camp quest npcs that weren't in Thrallmar? And considering max level characters will presumably be interacting with the same NPCs, I think you're now just grasping at straws.

Who even cares? How, after all that was announced, the AMOUNT of zones you level through is your primary concern? You don't even know how long the zones take each. What's gonna happen if it only takes through 1 zone to get to 120?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    What I mean is that there are 3 fully fledged zones for each faction, with faction specific stories, compared to four zones with similar stories for both factions. It's more work overall.

As for them having story content at 120, that's speculation either way until they confirm it is or isn't the case.
    6 zones are more work than 5 zones, sure. But faction-specific has nothing to do with it, if it overall has the same amount of quests. Frostfire and Shadowmoon were faction-specific, but they were still only 2 zones. They didn't have more content than other zones, so they didn't require more work. They were just thematically tailored to one faction. That's like saying a starter zones takes more work, cause it's only playable by one faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sooo while you're leveling through your zones, the opposing people who are 120 get to come over and sit on your face while YOUR faction's 120 are separate on the other continent?
    Given how there will no longer be any mandatory PvP unless you toggle it on (PvP servers seems to go away), not too much of a problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    6 zones are more work than 5 zones, sure. But faction-specific has nothing to do with it, if it overall has the same amount of quests. Frostfire and Shadowmoon were faction-specific, but they were still only 2 zones. They didn't have more content than other zones, so they didn't require more work. They were just thematically tailored to one faction. That's like saying a starter zones takes more work, cause it's only playable by one faction.
    I think you misunderstand what I am saying.

I am saying a faction theme to one zone requires twice as much work, and since you were saying there are three leveling zones, it applies in saying that there is a faction story for each of the six zones. Twice as much work for three leveling zones for each faction. It's more than the four (well, four and a half if we count Stormheim) for Legion.

And one way or another, there will be Alliance content on the troll isles, and Horde content on Kul'tiras. How fleshed out it will be is anyone's guess but it will inevitably be there.

If it only took 1 zone to get to 120, I would probably take 4 weeks to get to 120 if the current leveling trends remain. Seeing 6 smaller zones with unique aesthetics and such is much more appealing to me than 3 huge zones. Its like thinking of Outland, the first time walking out of hellfire peninsula into zangar was like holy what a different feel. Or Westfall into Duskwood for the first time gave me the creeps honestly. My honest biggest gripe of all of the recent expacs has been the map team. Questing is overall well done, combat is pretty simple but still fun, dungeons came back into form in legion imo and raids have been WoW's strong point for quite awhile. But my god if we could just be surprised at the amount of zones for once and the features they had, it would immediately be a resub for me. As it is im still on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So if you main only one faction Battle for Azeroth has 3 zones.

That's bad.
    ye really bad design especially for people who have all 12 slots on 1 server in 1 fraction .

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my fair share of issues with BFA, but this isn't part of it.

At 120 you have access to ALL 6 zones. Sure there's fewer zones for leveling, but they could also be larger zones than Legion's zones.

And honestly, call me crazy, but maybe we'll get more "continents" in future updates. Since 3 zones was what we got with Argus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I have my fair share of issues with BFA, but this isn't part of it.

At 120 you have access to ALL 6 zones. Sure there's fewer zones for leveling, but they could also be larger zones than Legion's zones.

And honestly, call me crazy, but maybe we'll get more "continents" in future updates. Since 3 zones was what we got with Argus.
    This is probably one of the things I'm looking forward to the most honestly. It'll be a bit nice to have a different story for my Alliance characters and my Horde characters. It'll make at least getting 2 characters to 120 easy.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I haven't level to max in Legion but doesn't it take just about 2 zones to max from what I've read?

Deleted
    jesus, just level up demon hunter on opposite faction, on some random server if you care about experiencing other faction story so much, then go back to your main

Deleted
    I think you misunderstand what I am saying.

I am saying a faction theme to one zone requires twice as much work
    No, it doesn't. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    No, it doesn't. That makes no sense.
    Twice as much work for a single zone with two faction stories, such as Southern Barrens or something. However, if you're going to misquote me then there's really not much reason for us to discuss this. I assumed this was a discussion, not an argument, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    He's talking about how many zones you level to max.

In legion there's 4, this expansion looks like there's 3 which is very bad.
    As long as they're big, diverse, and have a good story. I don't mind at all.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So if you main only one faction Battle for Azeroth has 3 zones.

That's bad.
    Wrong. After you hit 120, the other 3 will unlock. My math might be wrong but 3+3 is 6 for me.

It's unreasonable to be unsatisfied with the amount of content when you're actively restricting yourself from accessing more of it. You can make new characters on the opposite faction, or gold/money your way to a faction change. If having more zones isn't worth making a new character for, then it must not be a priority for you.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I gotta agree with Aduin. How would it double the work? The zones are the same whether alli/horde level in them or not, the only difference is that one side can't access the other until they ding max level. The zones are all but the same as always I'd wager
    I am saying that it's double the work to add a story for two sides of one zone. Typically speaking in zones like that, part of the zone has neutral quest content and part has separate sides. Stormheim is a good example of this.

Making separate faction stories means you are designing separate content for both. It's technically not quite double (especially since most such zones have lots of neutral content), but it's a great deal more than it would be for shared content.

In this case, though, it's pretty literal. Each zone has a unique story so they are developing 6 zones instead of 3.

Sooo while you're leveling through your zones, the opposing people who are 120 get to come over and sit on your face while YOUR faction's 120 are separate on the other continent?
    It would be silly to assume they won't be phased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do you think they are adding two stories to each zone? They will 99% chance handle each zone as they always do. Give it a central-themed story with some faction-specific stuff sprinked in on the side. Just because the zones have some water in between them this time should not change what always is the case.
    I'm saying they are developing 6 zones instead of 4. Somewhere along the line this got confused, so just stick with that.

Deleted
    Twice as much work for a single zone with two faction stories, such as Southern Barrens or something. However, if you're going to misquote me then there's really not much reason for us to discuss this. I assumed this was a discussion, not an argument, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    You are saying a zone that is only for one faction takes twice as much work as a single zone with two faction stories. That's nonsense. And southern barrens is a bad example because it's smaller to begin with. All that matters is how many quests there'll be in it.

Old zones like Howling Fjord were big and had unique quests for Horde and Alliance. Overall probably around 150 unique quests. So they took more effort than for example a small zone like Val'sharah which only had around 70 unique quests. Now the BFA zones will be for one faction only, but most likely have as many quests as the average Legion zone. Probably between 70-100. The fact that it is only for one faction doesn't mean much, it just means the zone is restricted to certain characters. All that matters is how many quests they will actually put there and how big the zone is.