Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    So Sylvanas retreats from the undercity leaving a toxic sludge pit behind to go and have some kind of eternal bbq over at Teldrassil? Sounds fun ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Maybe that yeah. What will the Forsaken do? Dig a whole on Kalimdor? Maybe something under Orgrimmar? Oh my god, we're literally gonna have the Siege of Orgrimmar again.
    The Siege of Orgrimmar was kinda underwhelming in the scope, this looks much better... hope Blizzard manages to implement these neat siege-weapons.

Mentioned it before in the Patch. 8.0 Speculation:

Well Sylvanas mentioned in the preview of the new novel, that she dislikes Orgrimmar, so her having to stay there is kinda ironic. On the other hand, she could build a new capital for the Forsaken in the ruins of Teldrassil, while the Night Elves build/grow one in Lordaeron. If this happens or if Stormwind/Orgrimmar simply gets a new district depends probably mostly on how many resources Blizzard is willing to invest.

I guess Draenei/Blood Elves will be able to hold their lands, maybe with help of the new allies. I see black for the Frostwolves though and hey, if Drek'Tar or one of his children is hurt Thrall might finally pledge himself fully to the Horde again. Wouldn't it be a nice comeback if he is the one burning Teldrassil?

Speaking of: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...atsNext002.jpg

Sylvanas or Tyrande? Could be a random elf, but one of these two would be cooler.

That is Sylvanas. Tyrande doesn't have a cape currently.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think new shit will be built in their place. Lordaeron will finally be restored and maybe the Worgen and Night Elves take it over with The Worgen living inside and the Nelves outside. Then I think the Forsaken will create a brand new home on top of Teldrassil's ashes. Obviously this will all be phased because I seriously don't think they will redesign all quest areas but maybe it'll be something that you unlock after you do the new expansions version of the Broken Shore event.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    What I more am interested is this:

What if you hit 110 or 120 or whatever on a mage : "You have unlearned spell: Teleport Undercity"
    It'll probably change to whatever the new zone will be that replaces it. So if Sylvanas takes over Teldrassil that's what it will be replaced with.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Are battlefronts how they'll update the world? Will they "phase over" old zones?
    Would be an interesting way to do it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    First off, they didn't betray anyone, the alliance betrayed them. Secondly, fuck you, its our home. Fuck off.
    Its fine we loose 1 dead kingdom. We burn one of the oldest civilizations on Azeroth TO THE GROUND

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    No fuck you sir. They lost all rights to the land when they died. We shall lead our holy crusade led by the heroic King Anduin and retake Lordaeron for the glory of the Alliance.
    You guys lost rights to your land when you let the scourge take it over!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Not anymore, Salty Sam.
    More like a Frowny Forsaken
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    seriously doubt any major revamps of existing zones. Maybe phased versions of those 2 starting zones, but beyond that, would be even more shocking than this x pac announcement
    They need to revamp some at least. Teldrassil and Undercity definitely. Possibly Stormwind if it got attacked. Other places depending on what the story holds for them. Certainly nothing on the scale of Cataclysm, or else they would've mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Its fine we loose 1 dead kingdom. We burn one of the oldest civilizations on Azeroth TO THE GROUND
    It's not fine, but I do hope its in retaliation.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Siege of Stormwind.

*yawn*

Wake me when Azshara attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    If Teldrassil gets burned to the ground, yet the Forsaken defend Lordaeron, I will call out Blizzard on its faction bias bullshit until I'm blue in the face.
    Pun intended? I'm with you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I just wonder with this “Kalimdor for the horde”-thing, what will the night elves have for elf-themed zones?

Their homeland is on Kalimdor, Cataclysm already wrecked most of Ashenvale and Darkshore, so what (if anything) will be left? I really like the atmosphere of night elven zones, and having the territory they have left ruined just to push the Alliance/Horde conflict (Boring and unresolvable as it is) is quite frankly a bad start of the expansion for me, and also: do the Night elves settle somewhere else, or do they just disappear into SW/IF, figuratively crashing on the Alliance couch?
    Yeah, that's my biggest issue with the Horde = Kalimdor thing, it basically completely eradicates the NEs as a culture. The goblins already butchered Azshara, the orcs butchered Ashenvale, I guess Ragnaros butchered Hyjal(?), all of those are still Kalimdor locations too. Sure, NEs can relocate to EK, but what of their history is there?

There's only even a loose comparison to Forsaken, first because none of the Forsaken have lived for thousands of years that I know of, second is it's made very clear during the questing experience that Forsaken do not keep emotional attachments after turning undead. You can argue Lordaeron is their home all you want, I don't believe they actually care from any sort of sentimental standpoint.

There's zero comparison between Silvermoon and Azuremyst either. Azuremyst was an insignificant, uncharted island before the Exodar crashed there, that's its only claim to fame. The Exodar can be anywhere now, rending those islands useless. They're not even a tactical advantage without Teldrassil.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Good, fuck Sylvanas and fuck the Forsaken. Get the fuck out.

Hopefully, I like the idea of the world changing after major events and nobody uses Teldrassil and Undercity anyways outside of RP servers anyways, but I doubt they will as they will have to redesign a lot of content.

So each faction looses a city....ok with that.

So each faction gains control of a continent...not quite sure about that, what happens to places like Kargath or Booty Bay? do they become alliance controlled so all of Eastern Kingdom is 'blue'? If so then why is Silithus still under contest, "Horde and Alliance descend upon Silithus"?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be quite impressive. I'd love to see them just completely obliterate two major capitals for Horde and Alliance and see where they take it.

Nothing like nuking an entire fucking city to spark Faction Warfare, am I right, Jaina?
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited for some visible changes to the capitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    They've been stressing throughout the presentations so far that the Alliance will own Eastern Kingdoms and the Horde will own Kalimdor. Lordaeron isn't destroyed, it will probably be reclaimed for the glory of the Alliance. Teldrassil is burned, I assume the Forsaken will redecorate it in their own style.

There's no fucking way they're just deleting two capital cities. We're merely exchanging them.
    The thought of the fucking forsaken redecorating my beloved Teldrassil makes me feel sick.
    Fuck sake what is this they have in the for the NE? I made my first characters there in 2005, I love the music and the atmosphere now its all fucking ruined and gone?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    They stated "Alliance attacked Lordaeron".
    Nah, the guy who leaked the expansion specifically stated that Sylv takes down Teldrassil because she's got a shard of Sargeras' weapon, and Anduin takes Undercity in retaliation.

My guess is that Genn had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It all looks like the Horde is the bad and Alliance is the good tbh. But let´s wait and see...
    This is the impression I'm getting, so far, as well.

Not happy about it. But yes, barely any information out, it's a matter of wait and see for now.

Can someone please go visit Teldrassil with max view distance on and then tell me their mad it's getting burned down?

It was a nightmare from Vanilla environment tech. So happy it's getting burned down