Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vanilla Feral Discussion

What are you most excited about since they just announced Vanilla WoW ?

Whats to be excited about?

In Vanilla the only spec you raided on as a druid was Tree. You casted 2 spells

Enjoy Vanilla

I can't link videos due to new account but just watch nerf druids 4 by azgaz.

This video is the only thing came in my mind as soon as I saw this thread.

I rolled feral when I was playing vanilla and started trance music since that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some good feral pvp here.

--- https://www.youtube.com/citanoo
    --- http://www.twitch.tv/Citano
    * Former retail raider of <Pacifism>, <Forte> and <Envy>
    * Part of classic guild <APES> from day 1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogooder View Post

Enjoy Vanilla
    Having a feral DPS is quite viable. Sure you won't ever come close to matching any of the real DPS, but useful regardless.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Having a feral DPS is quite viable. Sure you won't ever come close to matching any of the real DPS, but useful regardless.
    Once we got into BWL and AQ40 opened we pretty much had no DPS outside rogues,warriors,mages,locks and hunters. By naxx40 we were down to one hunter me for the attack power bonus from the BWL set bonus.

If they keep Vanilla the same I can't see some people even bothering with certain classes

Enjoy Vanilla
    Druid didn't have tree in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account

Enjoy Vanilla
    Method guild's classic era Feral Combat spec Druid Rank 13 and Raider says hi.

10+ Year Old Account

Feral tanks were viable back then, but the raid had to work more with them in comparison to a Warrior. Feral aggro gain was horrible but a Bear could take hits and shrug them off where a Warrior would be instagib without Shieldwall.

Enjoy Vanilla
    There was no tree in vanilla. And some of us did raid as feral. Feral tank.

Deleted

Enjoy Vanilla
    Na, you had at least healing touch rank 1, 2, 3, it's already more than 2 spells (and bears were already ok, i remember on broodlord for example where my bear kept aggro on the boss while wars lost it immediatly, and i received less spiky damages too)
    Not sure if people remember that, but only one druid was able to rejuv (not possible to have 2 rejuvs from 2 different druids on the same target), raids were with 40 people, and you weren't able to put more than ... 8 debuffs on your target (oldest debuffs were push out, rip agony/doom from warlocks ... and you had to avoid useless debuffs to be sure sunder armor was always on the target).

I tried to find the old talent trees (previous 1.12), where moonkin/tree form didn't exist, with innervate at the last point for restau tree, clearcast in the middle of balance tree, but i wasn't able to find them

15+ Year Old Account
    Druids are healers..

Feral bear tanks had the highest AC and HP and produced the most threat because they took so much damage that they were never rage starved. But, they couldn't block or parry or get def capped so their HP was like Cata/MoP's ping ponging HP and healers hated them for being a mana sponge.

Once we got into BWL and AQ40 opened we pretty much had no DPS outside rogues,warriors,mages,locks and hunters. By naxx40 we were down to one hunter me for the attack power bonus from the BWL set bonus.

If they keep Vanilla the same I can't see some people even bothering with certain classes
    People knowing what will unfold and how much time things take will eliminate a lot of things from happening that did in vanilla. People will know upfront what is the best way to do things based on the patch the servers are set to and what they think they will be able to reach in pvp or pve and go for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Feral bear tanks had the highest AC and HP and produced the most threat because they took so much damage that they were never rage starved. But, they couldn't block or parry or get def capped so their HP was like Cata/MoP's ping ponging HP and healers hated them for being a mana sponge.
    Vanilla bear tank, ha.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I love tanking the most, but I doubt I'll ever do any serious raiding and I absolutely love feral, so I'll be playing druid for sure.

That said I'll probably level a warrior as well. Maybe alliance since I've never played alliance before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People knowing what will unfold and how much time things take will eliminate a lot of things from happening that did in vanilla. People will know upfront what is the best way to do things based on the patch the servers are set to and what they think they will be able to reach in pvp or pve and go for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla bear tank, ha.
    IKR! I lived it tho, lol. I got to tank Ebonroc and the wyrmguard trash before Chrom in BWL and take Patchwerk's hatefuls. Yeah, I was a glorified mana battery otherwise ;/

DAT AC !!!

Last edited by Dejablue; 2017-11-04 at 06:55 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    excited to see people giving up after 2 months, very much excited about it indeed

Lol there is no discussion, feral isn’t anything in vanilla, if your class has a heal spell you are a healer. You can be a cat and do horrible if you like, what I did in vanilla lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if you will be able to convince your raid that you are better as feral than as a healer or on the bench, and at the same time argue your role over another rogue...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Vanilla bear tank, ha.
    It was fun as fuck to watch a druid tank being beaten in a pulp with a hit *crushing*, parry hit *crushing*
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.