Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    EDIT: seen your finished post; yes, sometimes travel time waits added a considerable amount of time to the run especially as a proportion of how long the run took. And maybe due to my own disposition (outgoing, friendly, polite *cough* at least in game if not on forums *cough*) I've never really struggled to find players to run stuff in the same way that others report. So maybe the "doing it wrong" comment was unfair. But I do think players that act kinda assholey in game then complain about it taking a long time to find a group are missing the point of an MMO in the way Vanilla turned out, where server reputation matters (well, more than in modern versions).
    I had a huge friendlist and an awesome guild back then and did almost all of the stuff with them. Vanilla was just a very long time ago so some of the memory is fuzzy. :P

I still think it was more time consuming than every iteration of WoW after that. Not "hard", just things took a longer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Right but the next guy has another list that he believe would improve vanilla, you simply cannot go down that path if this is going to work.
    When most people (mostly the people who didnt play Vanilla) realize that only 1/3 of the specs are viable for raiding, they are going to fucking RAGE. One day or another they will ''improve'' vanilla, it's inevitable. Actually I would not be surprised if they actually ship the server with some changes implemented from the get go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Nah none of that, just release the game as it was in 1.0, and release the patches over time, without silithus and strat so they have to grind mobs from 55-60 and then grind scarlet crusade mobs for weeks to get gold for their lvl 60 mount. I wanna see the rosetinted-glasses folks suffer

no dungeon finder so they have to stand in IF for 3 hours to get a group for 4 hour brd run, Going back to IF to replace half the party 3-4 times during the run etc.
    No dungeon finder for sure, i totally agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    When most people (mostly the people who didnt play Vanilla) realize that only 1/3 of the specs are viable for raiding, they are going to fucking RAGE. One day or another they will ''improve'' vanilla, it's inevitable. Actually I would not be surprised if they actually ship the server with some changes implemented from the get go.
    When people say this I question what they actually want from Vanilla? Maybe they should ask for a WotLK server and just stay at level 60? Why wanting to play Vanilla when they want to take away everything that made Vanilla Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Nah none of that, just release the game as it was in 1.0, and release the patches over time, without silithus and strat so they have to grind mobs from 55-60 and then grind scarlet crusade mobs for weeks to get gold for their lvl 60 mount. I wanna see the rosetinted-glasses folks suffer

no dungeon finder so they have to stand in IF for 3 hours to get a group for 4 hour brd run, Going back to IF to replace half the party 3-4 times during the run etc.
    Woah you mean people are actually gonna have to communicate with others to find a group instead of just getting automatic invites with no words spoken? The travesty! There is still 40 zones of content in Vanilla compared to 6 in current expacs, and as someone who has played vanilla for the last 17 months, I still have not ran out of content. Amazing what you can do with actual progression mechanics instead of rng based handouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla should stay vanilla, with bug fixes of course, but remain the same as it was. Its a huge undertaking to make it in the first place, to then assign a team to it to update it would be taking resources away from modern WoW, which still is priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    When people say this I question what they actually want from Vanilla? Maybe they should ask for a WotLK server and just stay at level 60? Why wanting to play Vanilla when they want to take away everything that made Vanilla Vanilla?
    Content from Vanilla is what made Vanilla. Having more specs to play the fucking game is GOOD.

- - - Updated - - -

No dungeon finder for sure, i totally agree with that.
    You can raid on any spec perfectly fine, sounds like you never played vanilla or had a terrible raid leader.

You can raid on any spec perfectly fine, sounds like you never played vanilla or had a terrible raid leader.
    Can't tell if serious...

Content from Vanilla is what made Vanilla. Having more specs to play the fucking game is GOOD.
    Yeah, that content also existed in TBC, so why a Vanilla Server?

Part of the content also existed up to WotLK. Some parts up to Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Can't tell if serious...
    4HM with 8 Druid tanks confirmed.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2017-11-03 at 11:24 PM.

gunna laugh when the people who are looking forward to this end up bitching that it doesn't feel vanilla enough and then go back to their private servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colzaratha View Post
    Woah you mean people are actually gonna have to communicate with others to find a group instead of just getting automatic invites with no words spoken? The travesty! There is still 40 zones of content in Vanilla compared to 6 in current expacs, and as someone who has played vanilla for the last 17 months, I still have not ran out of content. Amazing what you can do with actual progression mechanics instead of rng based handouts.
    Yep, grinding 200 hourson scarlet crusade to get gold for your mount, grinding the worst faction ever in the game (thorium) for your FR gear for ragnaros, grinding uldaman 200 times for your AQ NR gear. Gearing 8 tanks for 4HM where all the other bosses require 3 tanks at most. Grinding specific gear for your rogue to evasion tank razuvious, spending 2 hours before every raid to grind enough shards on your warlock. Farming tubers in felwood with a spawnrate of 2 in the zone at a time, with 200 other people looking for them. Do i need to go on?
    Such fun and engaging content man It was good back then, not so much in 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    While possible, why would anyone waste a spot on a Ret Paladin when you can take a Rogue or Fury Warrior which will do far more DPS.

I had a huge friendlist and an awesome guild back then and did almost all of the stuff with them. Vanilla was just a very long time ago so some of the memory is fuzzy. :P

I still think it was more time consuming than every iteration of WoW after that. Not "hard", just things took a longer time.
    Yup yup, no argument there really. I started in TBC so never ran Vanilla stuff as a noob, and it wasn't until maybe er start of Wrath that I would say I genuinely "got" the game properly; spent most of my time learning how to guild lead, good times

I remember the Vanilla dungeons when I ran them at 70 being almost as tough as the normal mode dungeons at 70 in terms of "big packs, densely packed, cramped conditions" etc. But going back after having played up until mid WoD; it was all childsplay and I can't imagine *that* many classic server players will be "completely new" in the same way; especially with things like Mythic plus dungeons being central gameplay in Legion (right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is going to bring back so many players, i dont think people understand the magnitude. This is 100% going to be the most popular game on twitch when it launches, people that have real jobs making 6 figures are going to take vacation time for this lol. This will be the most fun people had in a video game in years.
    Lol no BFA will trumph "classic" in every aspect. Feel free to quote me on launch if you dare to.

ROFL some maniac drove to Blizzard HQ screaming when he found out. Just saw on Alexensuals stream

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    While possible, why would anyone waste a spot on a Ret Paladin when you can take a Rogue or Fury Warrior which will do far more DPS.
    Because nothing in vanilla required you to min/max to that level, and having fun on a spec you enjoy is what its all about?

Ugh you kids who never played vanilla, really hope you stay off my classic server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    Lol no BFA will trumph "classic" in every aspect. Feel free to quote me on launch if you dare to.
    I will bet you any amount of money that when classic launches it will be above the WoW channel in views on twitch.

Or maybe you had a terrible leader ?! I cleared all raids and 4 boss in Naxx40 and we never brought any shit spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that content also existed in TBC, so why a Vanilla Server?

Part of the content also existed up to WotLK. Some parts up to Cata.

4HM with 8 Druid tanks confirmed.
    because vanilla content is irrelevent in TBC ?! whats your point

also... TBC hardly fixed any specs, until the very end (by that i mean the pre expansion wotlk patch)

Because nothing in vanilla required you to min/max to that level, and having fun on a spec you enjoy is what its all about?
    This

You can find videos from vanilla of Ret pallies doing Naxx just as you can find videos from private servers of Ret pallies doing raids now
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Can't tell if serious...
    He's very serious. Not everyone has to be doing 1k DPS in Molten Core to bring bosses down

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not to go down this road too far but "because the content is pissant easy and its fun to let people play what they want while downing content" for one.

But yeah, if you're trying to get shit done as fast as possible, that paladin is better off holy 10 times out of 10 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.